PDA

View Full Version : Inzer belts

lint
12-09-2009, 10:17 AM
for those of you who've got them, which ones do you have, where did you order from and how much was your total all in? Looks like some have ordered from Inzernet and irongladiators, but IG doesn't carry the one I'm looking for. I'm looking at the tapered lever belt. I'd prefer to just get one belt since I do cleans/snatches in addition to the main lifts, and I think the constant width ones would hamper my mobility.

Oz-
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by lint
for those of you who've got them, which ones do you have, where did you order from and how much was your total all in? Looks like some have ordered from Inzernet and irongladiators, but IG doesn't carry the one I'm looking for. I'm looking at the tapered lever belt. I'd prefer to just get one belt since I do cleans/snatches in addition to the main lifts, and I think the constant width ones would hamper my mobility.

I got mine from Inzernet, it was about $90 shipped when I purchased it.

Forever - 13mm single prong. Looking back I wish it was a lever.

How big is your waist? If you want to try my belt out to get an idea of the size/width let me know.

liquidboi69
12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I have a medium 13mm black lever.

As you've probably read from postings, try not to get it form Inzer itself (I hear they have terrible customer service.)

From all the powerlifters hearsay, IronGladiators.Com is the best place for shipping/duty in Canada. But since they do not have what you have, you may want to consider buying from Inzer (duty ~$40 I've heard, unsure about shipping.)

A recent group order contained 2 lever belts, a suit, and a bench shirt. The total was 500, and shipping was $20. It has however not come yet (been 3-4 weeks) because they are out ouf belts and need to order from Inzer (and Inzer takes forever to make their belts and ship them.)

Have you looked into APT or Titan tapered belts? I do recommend Inzer above all, but Titan and APT are pretty similar in quality since you can't find an Inzer tapered.

lint
12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Oz, what size is yours? I'm at about a 41" measured, so I'm guessing an xlarge (39"-42").

Inzernet sells a tapered lever belt, I wish they didn't call it a bodybuilding belt. IG only carries the forever belt according to their website.

Oz-
12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Oz, what size is yours? I'm at about a 41" measured, so I'm guessing an xlarge (39"-42").

Inzernet sells a tapered lever belt, I wish they didn't call it a bodybuilding belt. IG only carries the forever belt according to their website.

That is what I have. Do you work downtown? I will bring it back from the gym today at lunch and we can meet up from there. Haven't been doing much heavy stuff due to injuries.

PM details.

lint
12-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I work up in the NW by the university.

liquidboi69
12-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe try contacting IG and ask them if they can get a tapered for you. They had pretty good customer service when I emailed them about gear.

If they can get it in, ask them and Inzernet how much they are charging for shipping. It looks like Oz did not have to pay much for shipping ($20-30), but IG does look like they have cheaper shipping rates. You will also avoid potential duty charges.

Oz-
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
Maybe try contacting IG and ask them if they can get a tapered for you. They had pretty good customer service when I emailed them about gear.

If they can get it in, ask them and Inzernet how much they are charging for shipping. It looks like Oz did not have to pay much for shipping ($20-30), but IG does look like they have cheaper shipping rates. You will also avoid potential duty charges.

I can't recall exactly what I paid for shipping, but I did ship the thing overnight through UPS. There was a deal with Inzer at the time and the CAD dollar being higher it helped tremendously.

lint
12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
First off, big thanks to Oz- for lending me your belt. Sizing seems about right, but I'm still working out how tight I want it to start. I haven't used a belt in probably a decade. And back then I know that I wasn't using it properly. Watching this vid from Chad Aichs, he states that a belt should add 100lbs to your squat: http://blogs.muscleandfitness.com/chad_aichs/

How long does it take to get used to the technique? I find the belt is tight/loose/tight during the motion. I'm not used to forcing out my core the entire movement. Do you try to maintain the same pressure on the inside of the belt for the entire lift (after you've taken your breath)?

For sure it hasn't added 100lbs to my squat.

Oz-
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
First off, big thanks to Oz- for lending me your belt. Sizing seems about right, but I'm still working out how tight I want it to start. I haven't used a belt in probably a decade. And back then I know that I wasn't using it properly. Watching this vid from Chad Aichs, he states that a belt should add 100lbs to your squat: http://blogs.muscleandfitness.com/chad_aichs/

How long does it take to get used to the technique? I find the belt is tight/loose/tight during the motion. I'm not used to forcing out my core the entire movement. Do you try to maintain the same pressure on the inside of the belt for the entire lift (after you've taken your breath)?

For sure it hasn't added 100lbs to my squat.

You might notice that I have a few different markings on my belt. They are all for my squat and then the Dl/bench/MP.

With the squat, I leave it a bit loose. Basically so I can fit a finger between the belt and stomach. By doing this it forces me to make the core/stomach big, but teaches me to breathe while keeping this flex/pushed out. Make sense?

Beadlift/MP/Bench I use it a bit tighter, but still that I have to push my stomach out. It is pretty natural for me, since I am a belly breather and not a chest breather. One of the ways I trained this, was unracking weight for squatting, but only stood with the weight out and stayed tight. Then I would breathe without letting the tightness leave my core...

From what I have read and seen, if you are a chest breather it takes a bit of re-training to turn into a belly breather.

Standing MP I have it as tight as I can get it, so all the fat rolls are basically at my eye balls. Bench is pretty much the same.

lint
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
apparently I'm not a belly breather at the moment. When I squat without a belt, I tend to hold the abs tight and in, not push them out against the belly full of air. Gonna take some practice. Haven't tried it with any of the other lifts.

Do the lever belts just make it easier to get the belt on/off? Or can you make smaller size adjustments with it too?

Oz-
12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
apparently I'm not a belly breather at the moment. When I squat without a belt, I tend to hold the abs tight and in, not push them out against the belly full of air. Gonna take some practice. Haven't tried it with any of the other lifts.

Do the lever belts just make it easier to get the belt on/off? Or can you make smaller size adjustments with it too?

Lever belts are the most consistent for fit and once you have it set are great for quick on/off. With the adjustments you need a toolset to make them.

Standing MP is great for filling that belly full of air. Even just with bar weight...

lint
12-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Lever belts are the most consistent for fit and once you have it set are great for quick on/off. With the adjustments you need a toolset to make them.

Standing MP is great for filling that belly full of air. Even just with bar weight...

Ok I did press last night, was a deload week so the weight was light, but sucking in a belly full of air and pushing against the belt seemed so unnatural in a standing stretched out position. My natural tendency is to suck air into my chest to stand up tall. Need more practice.

Let me know when you want your belt back too.

EDIT: Maybe this thread should be renamed to "How to use a Belt"

Oz-
12-17-2009, 02:13 AM

Ok I did press last night, was a deload week so the weight was light, but sucking in a belly full of air and pushing against the belt seemed so unnatural in a standing stretched out position. My natural tendency is to suck air into my chest to stand up tall. Need more practice.

Let me know when you want your belt back too.

EDIT: Maybe this thread should be renamed to "How to use a Belt"

Just have to keep working on it until it becomes second nature. Once you get that down, the other parts of the lift will start taking care of itself.

As for the belt, I am going to start lifting heavy right around the end of Dec or so. Will need it back probably next week or so.

Thoughts on the belt? Will you be going with the tapered belt still?

lint
12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Oz-

Just have to keep working on it until it becomes second nature. Once you get that down, the other parts of the lift will start taking care of itself.

As for the belt, I am going to start lifting heavy right around the end of Dec or so. Will need it back probably next week or so.

Thoughts on the belt? Will you be going with the tapered belt still?

Haven't made up my mind yet. I called Inzer for specs on the tapered belt and it's 10mm thick, 4" back, 2.5" in front. I haven't done any cleans with it, but deep squats were pretty uncomfortable with your forever belt. I think I may end up ordering both and selling off the one that doesn't work as well. Gonna take time to work on technique, I don't think I've squeezed anything out of the belt just yet.

I'll get the belt back to you next week before christmas.

liquidboi69
12-18-2009, 02:50 AM
Most people won't get 100lb out of their belt like Chad Aichs. I probably get maybe 5-10% maybe. Something that isn't really even noticeable. So if you're looking for a very noticeable difference like Chad Aichs has got, you might not see it. (I personally have not had that experience at least.)

I think skinnier/small guys with weaker cores would get more out of it than guys with stronger cores/larger diameter midsection (though Chad Aich's fits under the latter.)

I can tell it's working for me because I feel more stable, and my back isn't as sore after doing the workout. Also, I just have this sensation that my core is really tight when I fill it with air...and it gives me more confidence to lift heavier weights.

I think for some people, it's hard for them to see concrete evidence of a belt adding weight. It might just be that it adds confidence, or it makes the technique at the bottom of a squat different. For some, it may add tonnes. It depends on your build and weaknesses probably, and my core is shitty so that may be why I get 5-10% from it. But if your core's really strong, you probably won't notice a HUGE difference.