PDA

View Full Version : Damn cops

forbiddenera
12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
There's a cop in front of my house now pulling everyone over, one guy pulling over 2-3 cars at a time, running their info, can't tell if he's handing out tickets or what. I mean everyone, a taxi too even..

This is at the entrance to Saddletown Circle from Falconridge BLVD..

eeee

spikerS
12-09-2009, 03:44 PM
and this is thread worthy why?

If you cared that much about it, why not stand 100m up the road with a sign stating cop ahead?

Proyecto2000
12-09-2009, 03:45 PM
maybe they are looking for someone?

snoop101
12-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by spikers
and this is thread worthy why?

If you cared that much about it, why not stand 100m up the road with a sign stating cop ahead?

Umm hello because a Taxi got pulled over too.

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2009, 03:46 PM
He MUST be shaking them down for cash before he goes home and eats dead babies for supper to fuel up so he can spend the night buying hookers and molesting homeless children.

300zxfairlday
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up im heading there right now lol

Dj_Stylz
12-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Damn Cop's.

bg_27
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
:drama: :whocares:

revelations
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
The police are well within thei powers under the MVA to check every motorists' license.

Could be a random thing, could be a containment setup to catch a specific person/vehicle.

FraserB
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
The funny thing is if OP's wife or child had been raped he would be screaming bloody murder for them to pull every person over and take their DNA. Stupid ass.

chkolny541
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
ive been in a random checkstop before going into lethbridge, they pulled every car over and asked for license, they said they were looking for someone. :dunno: didnt really bother us too much. Likely the same story.

Gabe182
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
The funny thing is if OP's wife or child had been raped he would be screaming bloody murder for them to pull every person over and take their DNA. Stupid ass.

WTF?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Gabe182

WTF?

what do you mean"WTF?" Fraserb couldn't possibly be more right.

FraserB
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Gabe182

WTF?

OP is complaining about police doing something they are allowed to do, OP's tune would be very different if their actions benefited him.

KK07
12-09-2009, 08:05 PM
They were doing a seatbelt check....my sister got a ticket for having her front windows tinted...

Stealth13
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
wtf, why would you tint your front window, i have a hard enough time seeing at night as is:banghead:

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Stealth13
wtf, why would you tint your front window, i have a hard enough time seeing at night as is:banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

revelations
12-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Stealth13

Poster said front windowS not window

TomcoPDR
12-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Poster said front windowS not window

Maybe he's refering to Scat's windshield, the front window.

revelations
12-09-2009, 09:55 PM
maybe i missed the reference.... zoink

Gabe182
12-10-2009, 12:36 AM

OP is complaining about police doing something they are allowed to do, OP's tune would be very different if their actions benefited him.

Yea I got that, but it just seemed weird how you put in the whole child/wife getting raped thing.

forbiddenera
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
And they're at it again......

Damn it, I like drifting around that corner.

Danny Meehan
12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bg_27
:whocares:

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
Thanks for the heads up im heading there right now lol
lol

GTI CANADIAN
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Maybe they can do this on every street and ask for your "Papers" Then maybe if you don't have them, they'll send you to a "Camp" with giant ovens.

I get a kick out of all you beyond folks who are so complacent about stuff. I'm not sure you really "Think" about your "Rights" sometimes.

Inb4 "Better then you Facepalms"

forbiddenera
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM

What your suggesting is invasion of privacy and I do not want to live in a society where everyone's everything is on file and we're all tracked.

I also never said a negative word at all, except maybe the thread title, which is more or less "Damn" as in I'm surprised because I've never seen something this nuts before (eg, any and every vehicle getting pulled over, fleet/commercial, taxi's, what's next, school busses?)

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/current/index.html

Have a look at that page, see how much shit is going on in this city? And they're sitting outside my place doing a seat belt check?

What a dumb-fuck post. :banghead:

forbiddenera
12-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Seriously, where did I complain?

In fact, other than the fact I think they could be doing more productive things and that they're wasting my taxes, what they're doing, at least in this area, is probably a great thing.

There are a ton of (seemingly?) newly immigrated citizens in my area, the vast majority of which are very poor drivers. It's my thought that a lot of them come from countries where driving is different or more lenient.

If you spend any time walking around my neighborhood you will quickly learn that pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way. Again, it's my guess that this is the norm where they come from. I've had people almost get out of their vehicles in anger due to me stopping them to cross the street at a crosswalk, furious that I would get the idea that they had to stop.

It is my firm belief that many of these drivers receive their licenses from other members of their culture more easily than if they were tested by an unbiased tester, as I don't understand how many of them could have passed the test.

And before anyone jumps on the race bandwagon, don't. I never said anything racist, I just pointed out the opinion that if you go to another country and expect to drive, you should be familiar with that country's driving norm.

Kennyredline
12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by forbiddenera

Maybe when you name your thread "Damn cops......":dunno:

forbiddenera
12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Maybe when you name your thread "Damn cops......":dunno:

Which I explained, if you had read. :facepalm:

JRSC00LUDE
12-10-2009, 01:41 PM

I think it was right here (I quoted it so nothing would be lost in translation):

eeee

Uncalled for sir, uncalled for...... :(

Kennyredline
12-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Damn forbiddenera.
What a great thread though.

VeilOctane
12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ppl who tint there front windows must be hella ugly and not want to be scene :eek:

like this guy

http://g35driver.com/forums/attachments/general-tech-questions/94165d1218426312-tint-front-window-car.jpg

JRSC00LUDE
12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by VeilOctane

ppl who tint there front windows must be hella ugly and not want to be scene :eek:

like this guy

That appears to be a windshield, not a front window. :)