PDA

View Full Version : Where are the threads on the chinese knockoff cars?

cycosis
12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I remember a few years ago several threads were created that had pics of cars in china along wiht a chinese automotive show showing cars that were mixes of various fornt and back ends of other cars. I coultn find anything in the search. Anyone know where these are?

nonlinear
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
i think the beyond search only indexes the last year (?), so try a google search at site:beyond.ca

messiah0
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
This one?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/154822/chinese-copy-cars/

TomcoPDR
12-10-2009, 12:52 AM
OP would lose in the Beyond Christmas contest

FullMetal
12-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
OP would lose in the Beyond Christmas contest :clap: :rofl: :rofl: lol wow nice

cycosis
12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I was able to find the chinese copy cars thread but there was one with a pontiac torrent front end and a rx 330 back end. anyone?

van
12-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Does it have to be on Beyond? I found a web site with it: http://www.nextautos.com/countriesmarkets/china/shanghai-auto-show-huanghai-auto-ncv-its-two-copyright-infringements-for-the-price-of-one/

derpderp
12-10-2009, 01:55 AM

dexlargo
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
^ When you talk about China being the next superpower, I think it's more of a long term kind of thing. If you look back in history, Japan following WWII followed a similar model. They flooded the market with cheap goods that were generally thought of as being of inferior quality. Their products had a bad reputation. But building the cheap products provided the income to develop their industry and eventually through practice and a desire to address these quality perceptions, their industry surpassed ours in many areas.

Other countries have followed the same model: Taiwan and Korea are more recent examples. Some of the Korean cars are now getting fairly good ratings on quality. Remember the Hyundai Pony? That car was a complete piece of crap. I bet there are zero left on the road today. They fell apart as they rolled out of the factory. Now Hyundai makes halfway decent cars, but they still haven't quite shaken their earlier reputation. Yet.

In many areas Chinese industry is already quite developed. Almost all electronics now are manufactured in China, and everything else really. Some is cheap and crappy, and some is less cheap and better quality. I think it's only a matter of time until really good cars are coming out of China. Maybe 10 years?

Mar
12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
When you go to the search page, it only searches the last 3 months of threads by default. You have to click the button to show all.