PDA

View Full Version : accident opinon

anhsicun
12-09-2009, 11:04 PM
so i was driving to the world health centre at like 6:30 pm, going down 37 street sw. the lights were green when i going straight through the intersection of , 37 street sw & richardson way by the petro canada at 30 -40 km, and then a truck was turning left and as soon i notice he was turning i tried to stop but end up hitting the right side rear fender.
also when i enter it was green then it was turning yellow when this happen.

so is the guy at fault since he was turning left which he has to yield to all incoming traffic before turning. such bad luck my new car dies on me and now my winter beater is gone :(.

preludez
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by anhsicun
so i was driving to the world health centre at like 6:30 pm, going down 37 street sw. the lights were green when i going straight through the intersection of , 37 street sw & richardson way by the petro canada at 30 -40 km, and then a truck was turning left and as soon i notice he was turning i tried to stop but end up hitting the right side rear fender.
also when i enter it was green then it was turning yellow when this happen.

so is the guy at fault since he was turning left which he has to yield to all incoming traffic before turning. such bad luck my new car dies on me and now my winter beater is gone :(.

its not ur fault, him...

gqmw
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by preludez

its not ur fault, him...

Hands down his fault...

You were going straight, he was turning onto your road.

rockanrepublic
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
this is literally the exact same thing the happened to my dads car yesterday except he was truck going straight through and a kia hit him. anyways 100% the turners fault it is up to them to make sure the intersection is safe and clear to turn.

chkolny541
12-09-2009, 11:42 PM
so this happened when the light was yellow? uh-oh

Masked Bandit
12-10-2009, 08:24 AM
OP's got nothing to worry about. The person turning left across traffic is at-fault.

G
12-10-2009, 10:59 AM
This happened to me on the first day of classes at the U. The guy turned left I smoked him. He came out yelling at me saying the light was yellow. The cop there said that if he insists on saying the light was yellow he is going to issue him a ticket for running a yellow on top of the unsafe left turn ticket. That shut the fucker up quick.

Originally posted by chkolny541
so this happened when the light was yellow? uh-oh

scat19
12-10-2009, 11:37 AM
^ Perfect!

I had a couple close calls lately with people crossing in front of me.

It also pisses me off how the lights go red and people are still turning, so when my lights go green they're still driving. argh. It's winter yes, but thats not an excuse to just keep turning.

Kloubek
12-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Nah - you're fine OP. You had the right of way... yellow light included.

core_upt
12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
always, always, always the left turners fault.

my dad's friend turned left in front of a speeding and drunk driver who ran the yellow-to-red light going straight(red by the time the vehicle going straight entered) and it was still the left turning driver's fault.

anhsicun
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

my dad's friend turned left in front of a speeding and drunk driver who ran the yellow-to-red light going straight(red by the time the vehicle going straight entered) and it was still the left turning driver's fault.

that striaght up sucks, this weather just sucks for driving. i never see the point in aruging with people when u get into a accident, things just happen. anywyas thanks for all the comments, hopefully i get atleast 2,000 for my 91 accord after deduction to buy a new winter beater.

Masked Bandit
12-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by anhsicun

that striaght up sucks, this weather just sucks for driving. i never see the point in aruging with people when u get into a accident, things just happen. anywyas thanks for all the comments, hopefully i get atleast 2,000 for my 91 accord after deduction to buy a new winter beater.

No deductibles apply when it's the other guy's fault.

chkolny541
12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

it was my impression that if the light was red when the person going straight cruises through and nails the guy turning left, that it was the guy who was going straight's fault in that case, because he shouldnt have been going through the intersection at all.:confused:

Pollywog
12-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Glad everyone else agrees, definitely his fault if as explained.

signature7
12-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Definitely sounds like his fault, however a family member of mine was in a similar accident years ago where a person turning left got into an accident with my family member going straight through, no tickets but insurance deemed it 50/50.

89s1
12-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by scat19
^ Perfect!

I had a couple close calls lately with people crossing in front of me.

It also pisses me off how the lights go red and people are still turning, so when my lights go green they're still driving. argh. It's winter yes, but thats not an excuse to just keep turning.

People do this all year, not just in winter.

The guy that is established in the intersection has the right to go after traffic has stopped not the guy behind him that had crowded himself into the intersection.

VQ35V6
12-11-2009, 02:09 AM
usually it is the person turning left at fault