PDA

View Full Version : The Road Movie

preludez
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Best movie this week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY

signature7
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
looks sick, haven't heard anything about it til your post. Now I'm struggling, "the Road" or "the Blind side"..hmm

Marsh
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
The book was really good, same author as No Country for Old Men...should be a good movie.

black13
12-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I've been meaning to watch this but this shitty weather hasn't let me.

tobypaddock
12-11-2009, 12:22 AM
i heard this movie just ends like no country for old men does without wrapping anything up - if that is the case there is no way i see this movie - thats just lazy writing IMO and i cant stand paying for a movie that is only %90 finished

ffmf
12-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock
i heard this movie just ends like no country for old men does without wrapping anything up - if that is the case there is no way i see this movie - thats just lazy writing IMO and i cant stand paying for a movie that is only %90 finished

imo the movie and book for no country was never about what would happen with the money and/or chigurh. it was more about man's motivations and mortality with the main character being sheriff bell.

i've heard the road stays pretty true to the book and if so, there is no way the writing could be called lazy. the writing is different but amazing.

that being said, i'm pretty sure you won't like the road for the reasons you stated.

bituerbo
01-17-2010, 01:50 PM
The screener is up on ninjavideo. I watched it, stays very true to the book with the really gruesome stuff cut out. Maybe that was just the screener as there were really abrupt 'cuts' when something gruesome was coming up.