PDA

View Full Version : is sushi ginza reopened yet?

ercchry
12-11-2009, 03:30 PM
does anyone know if they are open again yet? last time i tried to stop by they were still working on the place :(

ercchry
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
no one knows? its the sushi place in willow park

npham
12-13-2009, 06:11 PM
That place blows for the money you spend there. So many better places to go for sushi, but only if you don't mind driving to some place better. There has been many times where I've settled for lesser quality places because I'm too lazy to drive somewhere else, but every time I get pissed when I see the bill and realize the food sucks.

SJW
12-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Yah its open and it's fantastic.

ercchry
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah went last night, best place in the south by far, price is the same any any other place... the fish was soooo fresh last night :drool:

xxxazntigerxx
12-13-2009, 11:18 PM
kinjo

TomcoPDR
12-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Tokyo Garden

buh_buh
12-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Tokyo Garden is better for that part of the south.

JRSC00LUDE
12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Holy fack, that's the first place I ever had sushi. Was back in like 97-98....something like that... A friend and I were drinking and playing pool at shanks and these dudes were watching a bit and then wanted to play for $$. We were poor and only had enough cash for some pitchers lol....anyways, played them (beat them too dammit!) and had a great time. When we were going home one of the dudes said he was a chef there and to come by for sushi tomorrow. We figured why not? He made us great food, free sake and everything, nice guy!

:thumbsup:

ercchry
12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by xxxazntigerxx
kinjo

you get... :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Tokyo Garden

and really? like for serious? i dunno man.... give ginza another try

if you like to eat sushi for the taste of the fish ginza hands down for sushi in the south, no wasabi in between the rice and fish to mask that fishy taste you get when it is not quite fresh and pretty damn big pieces of fish per piece too

the toro was really good saturday, tops for quality in calgary for sure.. but then again the last place i went for sushi was globe fish in marda loop... and that place is no good for actual sushi (the rolls were okay... nothing special)

buh_buh
12-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I go there quite often with my dad since he lives down there, and I definitely prefer Tokyo Garden to Ginza. But with that being said, I'm not going for good sushi if I'm eating in that part of town anyway.

npham
12-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
But with that being said, I'm not going for good sushi if I'm eating in that part of town anyway.

This man speaks the truth! Zipang, Misato, Wa's, etc are on my radar first when going out for sushi.

buh_buh
12-15-2009, 09:48 PM
throw Sushi Club in there and you've got my list as well.

Dumbass17
12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
i really like willow park ginza!!