PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Gone Bad

brucebanner
12-12-2009, 08:48 AM
http://www.lowmotion.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=153605&hilit=s2000

Pictures in thread upbove.

I WAS TALKING TO A FRIEND WHO WAS LOOKING AT BUYING A S2000 AWHILE AGO. HE CAME ACROSS THIS CAR THAT WAS IN HALIFAX BUT THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE TOO HIGH FOR HIM. BUT WHEN HE WAS READY TO BUY THE CAR AND HAD THE MONEY THE CAR HAD BEEN WROTE OFF DUE TO TWO KIDS WHO TOOK THE CAR FOR A TEST DRIVE.

I THINK THESE TWO KIDS ARE OFF LOW MOTION AND I THINK THESE TWO KIDS POST ON HERE A LOT ABOUT STREET RACING AND LOVE TO SHIT ON PEOPLE WHO DRIVE LIKE ASSHOLES

THIS IS THE E-MAIL HE RECIVED FROM THE SELLER

MY HONDA S2000 IS NO LONGER FOR SALE :(

On Sunday November 22nd Steve (age 20) called to see if you could take my car for a test drive.
He and his brother Thomas (age 22) had been to our house twice already to look at the car and
had sent numerous emails back and forth since Nov 7th in regards to the sale of my convertible. He finally
agreed to my price and wanted to take it for a spin before buying it so I agreed. He was just going around
the block. After being gone for 10 minutes or so, I thought to myself, they must have stopped on the
side of the road to do another inspection of the car. By this time, Art and I are standing on the front steps
going hmmm, where are they? Then in the background we here a siren, Art and I just look at each other
and say nothing. Then, as the sound of the siren is getting closer, we see and RCMP cruiser
go flying by our house, on it's tail is a fire truck, and on it's tail is an ambulance. My heart starts
pounding faster and my legs are getting weak. Art jumps in his vehicle and go see down the street. I said I'll stay here
in case they come back. Within seconds of Art being gone he calls me..."it's your car and it
doesn't look good". I ask him to come back and pick me up. In the meantime another two RCMP
cruisers and another ambulance go by.
Arriving there I see my car flipped over, the driver sitting in the ditch being looked after by the
paramedics, his brother a little ways away being put on a board and transported to the ambulance.
At this point the police officer is telling us the passenger is not in a good shape.
Having two boys of my own, approximatly the same age as these brothers, my thoughts were
."the poor mother getting the phone call that both her sons were involved in a serious car accident".
I'm now in tears and trembling.

I'm told then by three women who witnessed the accident that they saw the car come flying down
our street like the car was at a race track. They waved to the car to have him slow down but
within seconds he was loosing control and in the ditch he goes, flips the car from back to front,
side to side and the passenger is flying in the air looking like a rag doll. Aside from just missing them,
he also misses the playground by no more then 20 feet.

Sunday was a sleepless night as I lay there thinking of these two young men wondering if they were
going to be ok. The next morning I received a phone call from their mother. The driver had sustained
a fractured arm and bruising of the ribs, and the passenger had a collapsed lung, broken tail
bone, fractured ribs and other cuts and bruises. Both her boys had been released from the hospital.

I still can't seem to be angry with them but the mother instinct in me wants to slap him on the side
of the head and say "WHAT THE F__ CK WERE YOU THINKING? I'm sure his mother already has.
This could have been a very very sad Xmas season for lots of people.

SAFE DRIVING EVERYONE, YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE.

Sounds like the owner of the S2000's insurance is covering the accident. Shouldn't the people test driving the car cover it? Or will owners insurance just go after the person that wrecked that car?

derpderp
12-12-2009, 09:08 AM

AE92_TreunoSC
12-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure its your own insurance which covers it, which should be more incentive to never let someone test drive your car without you.

All of the cars I've bought the owners just toss me the key and let me take a test drive, I dont understand it, I could have shown up in a stolen car and they trust me because I'm a nice guy.

I will never let anyone test drive a car of mine without me.

VQ35V6
12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Whenever i let someone test drive my car, that person usually leaves their car parked at my house, so if they ever ditch with my car, i have their car.

But i would still prefer to be in the car when they test drive it.

Redlyne_mr2
12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Your insurance policy covers you if you ever drive someone elses car. It would be the 20 years olds insurance that pays for everything.

soloracer
12-12-2009, 12:19 PM
The owner is a woman by the sounds of things and these two test driving idiots are ass clowns. They should be sued for the deductible and for mental anguish caused in my opinion. I have not one shred of sympathy for anyone in this situation. The owner is an idiot for letting them test drive without her in the car and they are tools for driving like morons on a test drive.

soloracer
12-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Your insurance policy covers you if you ever drive someone elses car. It would be the 20 years olds insurance that pays for everything.

And if they don't have insurance? What if they have insurance but it's only PL&PD? What if the owner only had PL&PD? Anyone who has dealt with insurance companies on a claim will know how difficult it can be. Does anyone here actually believe the owner is going to get full value for the car for their insurance company? I'm 99.99% positive that the insurance payout will be much less than the asking price for the car.

Then there is the whole what if they hit and killed a kid in the playground they just missed? Could the owner be found partially liable? Things to think about before letting a complete stranger take your car for a test drive without you in it.

soloracer
12-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I just read the entire thread on the other site and it's even more maddening. These two shitheads don't even think they are at fault. "Uhh.....all I did wrong was not do up my seat belt" or "Uhhh.....it's the cars fault that it broke free because I'm a good driver and I wasn't going fast at all" They should be clubbed like seals at a Newfie hunting party.

igotacookie
12-12-2009, 01:14 PM
two tards with no intelligence. Nothing special. They came out with no serious injuries and no hole in their wallets. I doubt they learned their lesson, from the way they were talking.

SRT10Killer
12-12-2009, 01:22 PM
so the owner wasn't in the car at the time of the test- drive?

adidas
12-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer
so the owner wasn't in the car at the time of the test- drive?

if you read the fucking story you would know.

When i bought my current car, the owner came with me to test drive the car the first time around. I told him id buy it and would show up tomorrow. When i went to test drive it again the next day he came with me.

It sucks cause you cant really "test" the car while the previous owner is in the car. At least to me it just feels weird. The first time i understand why he would come with, but if im ready to purchase it let me go on my own.

soloracer
12-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by adidas

When i bought my current car, the owner came with me to test drive the car the first time around. I told him id buy it and would show up tomorrow. When i went to test drive it again the next day he came with me.

It sucks cause you cant really "test" the car while the previous owner is in the car. At least to me it just feels weird. The first time i understand why he would come with, but if im ready to purchase it let me go on my own.

Did you put the money in his hand? No? Then it's not a done deal and I don't blame him for not letting you go alone. How many losers/joy riders do you think say "Oh yeah, I'm going to buy it" and then make some shitty excuse to back out? If you told him you would buy it why do you need another test drive? The deal is done right? You can drive it all day - after you pay for it of course.

NoMoreG35
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I think this is a repost... Not sure
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/287764/s2000-test-drive/

NoMoreG35
12-12-2009, 03:04 PM

What if you don't have an insurance for a car?

NoMoreG35
12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
I just read the entire thread on the other site and it's even more maddening. These two shitheads don't even think they are at fault. "Uhh.....all I did wrong was not do up my seat belt" or "Uhhh.....it's the cars fault that it broke free because I'm a good driver and I wasn't going fast at all" They should be clubbed like seals at a Newfie hunting party.

Which site?

Pollywog
12-12-2009, 03:16 PM
That'll teach them to respect something that isn't theirs. Thats too bad it had to be a near-fatal wakeup call.

soloracer
12-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35

Which site?

Click the link in the first post on this thread (Lowmotion is the site I believe)

xviper
12-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by soloracer

Did you put the money in his hand? No? Then it's not a done deal and I don't blame him for not letting you go alone. How many losers/joy riders do you think say "Oh yeah, I'm going to buy it" and then make some shitty excuse to back out? If you told him you would buy it why do you need another test drive? The deal is done right? You can drive it all day - after you pay for it of course.
AGREED! :thumbsup:
"Really test the car"? What the HELL does this mean? Does it mean you're going to drive the living shit out of it? You can bloody well beat on it AFTER you buy it. Until you buy it, you have no right to drive it in a way that is unknown to the owner. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You'll never buy a car from me, 'cause you'll never leave my sight test driving my car. And you'll never test drive any car of mine without showing me a valid driver's licence. If you're under 25, my insurance probably won't cover you, so you better bring your daddy.

max_boost
12-12-2009, 05:52 PM
^^

YEP!

I had some kid call me up, while he was polite and everything, I laughed when he said "I would like to test drive the car to see if it's for me".

LOL!

Serious?

I told him, bring me a bank draft with the $X and then you can drive it. One of those "you break, you buy". haha

max_boost
12-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Usually I will take the interested party for a test drive. I will drive it pretty hard. I have also let others test drive the car pretty hard while I've been in it. I understand if they want to see if the car is capable. They have to be pretty damn serious. None of this, I still have to get approved for a loan etc. or I have to ask my dad shit.

They have to get their stuff in order.

1. Show me they have the money ready.
2. Do their leg work. Check out my VIN etc.
3. Pay for an inspection.
4. The test drive is basically the final thing to do.

Yep. That is my criteria. If you can't meet it, guess you aren't buying my car! LOL!

xviper
12-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I guess some sellers are just desparate to get rid of their cars and will get suckered into almost anything thinking they need to do it to sell. Sorry, but I'll never need to sell a car that badly that I'm going to let some dipshit drive off into the sunset with my car. Even if it's a junker, it's still worth something to me.

89s1
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
^Exactly, and worth a lot less to you if some dipshit fucks it up.^

I agree these guys likely didn't learn anything from this experience. Getting off scott free by the looks of things.

:banghead:

Masked Bandit
12-13-2009, 01:12 AM

Nope.

Insurance follows the vehicle, not the operator. There is one unique circumstance where your insurance will extend to a vehicle you don't know but it's crazy rare (as in I haven't seen it applied in the last ten years).

SRT10Killer
12-13-2009, 01:35 AM

lol, give me a deposit then I will let you "test-drive" it by yourself, until then you're just another test pilot
plus it is your car until the exchange for insurance purposes, this way you at least have a chance to prevent stupid shit like this happening by at least getting ready to pull the e-brake

Dope7
12-13-2009, 01:58 AM
LOL

whiskas
12-13-2009, 04:19 AM
Hahaha, ironically the first time I drove an S2K I spun out the moment I hit VTEC in 1st.

Granted it was at an autocross but it goes to show these cars will bite you if you make a mistake.

Isaiah
12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by whiskas
Hahaha, ironically the first time I drove an S2K I spun out the moment I hit VTEC in 1st.
Gotta be careful. It just kicks in yo.

FivE.SeveN
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Too bad they didnt kill themselves and save everyone the trouble