PDA

View Full Version : Power window will not go back up, 2000 Civic

CaptainReboot
12-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I had to roll down my window the other day to insert a parking ticket to get out of a parkade. Now the window will not go all the up. It gets stuck halfway. It will go back down, but I can hear it working really hard.

It clicks when I hold the up button to try to get it to go back up.

Any ideas what this could be? I know my battery is weak, as my car start won't work and it chuggs a little bit before it starts when I start it manually. My battery is about 10 years old and I have never replaced it.

5000Audi
12-12-2009, 10:54 AM
when you rolling it up, grab the top of the window and help it up. thats what ive had to do in winter before.. give that a try

CaptainReboot
12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I tried grabbing it. It's plugged in inside the garage right now. I'll try it again later.

Man, that sucked. This was right after my Christmas party and my wife was wearing a dress. Gave her my jacket, but it was still pretty cold in the car. Good thing the window wasn't all the way down.

eglove
12-12-2009, 11:03 AM
It's an ek thing. Take the door panel off. 3 screws for the speaker 1 screw for the handle 1 screw for the coin pocket. Unplug the power lock and the power window. Pull off the panel. Pull off the weather stripping plastic there is a 10mm bolt in the bottom rear corner undo that and try and get the widow back up. Tighten that screw again when it's up and it should be golden.

Also when it's down. Grease the rubber stripping in the channels the window slides in. That will help too

Deetz
12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
^^ As mentioned, it is an Ek thing, drives me crazy!

Often times, it is usually either the run channel or the window regulater (Honda sells an upgraded part now)

If it is the run channel, as long as it is not ripped, using a good silicon spray on it will help solve your problem!

hoamic11
12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I've had this thing happen to me a few times now, it pops off the track, really a PITA.

CaptainReboot
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
So I've taken out all those screws. Does the panel just pop off?

G-ZUS
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
its got clips on there and you gotta pull to get em out. Also, I can't believe no one said this yet but change that god damn battery before it leaves you stranded. . That thing served it lifespan twice.

CaptainReboot
12-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok, so I popped the panel out. It looks like the window popped loose, I can see that it's not following the track anymore when it goes up.

Will get a new battery after I fix the window.

G-ZUS
12-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
Ok, so I popped the panel out. It looks like the window popped loose, I can see that it's not following the track anymore when it goes up.

Will get a new battery after I fix the window.

My old Si did that I took the window out, straightened it up in the tracks, tightened those bolts and lubed up the tracks really good. never had a problem after that

SRT10Killer
12-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I had this happen on my supra at -30

it's the window regulator I'm pretty sure,

pull off your door panel and take try rolling up/down

CaptainReboot
12-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I was able to fix it. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, especially eglove for telling me exactly what to unscrew.

I had to adjust the window back into the tracks. A bit of a bitch, but I managed it to get it. Put everything back together and window works fine now. Also got a new battery as well, and that seemed to help as the window is going up and down faster than before.

Thanks again everyone!