PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime

HiTempguy1
12-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Why does it suck so much balls? For a company that makes products like the Iphone and Ipod, how could they make such an epic fail of a piece (edit: I before E except after C) of software? I've resorted to using WMP with codecs to watch MP4's, what goddamn sense does that make?!

:drama:

sneek
12-13-2009, 12:02 AM
I usually use VLC to play everything besides music, but I've never found anything overly wrong about Quicktime. What do you hate so much about it?

jsn
12-13-2009, 01:15 AM
In short this is why it only uses quick time and doesn't allow for flash

"Allowing Flash — which is a development platform of its own — would just be too dangerous for Apple, a company that enjoys exerting total dominance over its hardware and the software that runs on it. Flash has evolved from being a mere animation player into a multimedia platform capable of running applications of its own. That means Flash would open a new door for application developers to get their software onto the iPhone: Just code them in Flash and put them on a web page. In so doing, Flash would divert business from the App Store, as well as enable publishers to distribute music, videos and movies that could compete with the iTunes Store."

From this source: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/adobe-flash-on/
googled this in literally, 5 seconds

HiTempguy1
12-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by sneek
What do you hate so much about it?

Mainly that its a slow working, resource hogging hunk of junk that crashes. It basically embodies everything that M$ has come to stand for, except worse :cry: