PDA

View Full Version : Almost was hit and run.

vipstyle2
12-13-2009, 02:36 PM
So its 11:30 this morning my car has been warmin up,
its a 94 Integra rs,nothing special. Finish dropping a
deuce and come outside to see an asian man tinkering
with my door.
First thing I think is the guys trying to take my ipod,
bb and things i have inside. So i walk out, he notices me,
his wife does aswell who was around the large bush on
my lawn. They just stare at me... I ask what hes doing and
he says with horrible english he slide and hit my car.
I look and my door is completely smashed in , minor shit
to my fender but theres a note on my seat that says " I hit
car call 274 blah blah" . I asked him for his license and
pink slip for insurance purposes, he gets his wife to go
into the car and grab it. I invite him to come inside given
the cold and itake down his info. he trys telling me how its
not his fault and whatever, so i told him ill call insurance first thing in the morning.

So given that the hindge is f*cked and my door wont close,
I take it to get an estimate incase the man is willing to
pay rather go through insurance. It took two people wedging
and pushin the door for it to close and lock , anyway ...
I try his number and he gave me the wrong one.... so looks like later
ill be going to his address with my quote and either he will pay for it or his insurance will :whipped:

Now where on earth can I buy a complete door ! incase i try and do it and replace the hindge myself. My wiper
broke off from the force and my window has a huge scratch across it from the metal piece going back and forth :facepalm:
should he pay for that too ?

sorry for the huge rant guys :( I dont know wtf to do !
first time anything has ever happend to my car .

ClearBluewater
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Gonna laugh if he gave you the wrong address

vipstyle2
12-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I took it off his pinkslip ?

dj_rice
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Did u check his license though to match it up?

natejj
12-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Why would you try to replace it yourself? It was completely his fault. His insurance is 100% responsible. You shouldnt be out a single dime for this.

rizfarmer
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
you have his insurance. Get an estimate as soon as you can; your insurance company will take care of it for you then go after his insurance company for compensation.

vipstyle2
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Did u check his license though to match it up?

Yes, licence plate, name on the pink slip and his liscence,
so the address and policy number must be real. Im just lucky I came out when I did because he left a fake number in my door.

adidas
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Report that fucker to the cops!

Write out a complete police report and push to have him charged for hit and run! Hope you have witnesses!

A few years ago a cock sucker hit and ran my car, left a fake number...so we must bring all of these ppl down!

Danny Meehan
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
if he gave you wrong #, stay safe and don't think of cash

take it to his insurance

scat19
12-14-2009, 01:43 AM
266-1234 hit n run

ragu
12-14-2009, 02:44 AM
All you pretty much need is a plate number, if you have that, you're safe.

FraserB
12-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Hit the cop shop first thing in the morning, file a report and make sure they know he left a false phone number but you caught him. Go through insurance, there is no reason why you should be out a penny for this.

89s1
12-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Fucking scumbags :guns:

chkolny541
12-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by adidas

Write out a complete police report and push to have him charged for hit and run! Hope you have witnesses!

A few years ago a cock sucker hit and ran my car, left a fake number...so we must bring all of these ppl down!

you seriously think he can be charged for hit and run? srsly? he didnt technically..you know..run..

89s1
12-14-2009, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541

you seriously think he can be charged for hit and run? srsly? he didnt technically..you know..run..

He might have a case since the guy was in the process of leaving BS info. :dunno:

I don't know but it's worth trying to get the fucker charged. He clearly had intent.

SCHIDER23
12-14-2009, 07:25 AM
:werd:

Go for it, call the cops this guy has probably done this before, since he knew that if someone saw him and he didn't stop they would call the cops on him, so leaving a fake note is just a way to look responsible in front of a witness .:thumbsdow

voodoomusic
12-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Why leave a fake number? If the intent was to run, why not just book it and leave nothing at all? Taking the time to write a note with a fake number just makes it more likely someone will get a description either of him or his car.

I kind of wonder if he somehow just fucked up the number (bad handwriting, or he wasn't thinking straight). Not to say he isn't a retard, but purposely writing out the wrong number makes no sense.

vipstyle2
12-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Update. So I went to his address to see if he wanted to go through insurance,
Turns out he messed up the number ? Don't know if that's true. My neigbour was outside so
He may have slipped it in because he seen him. Anyway. he chooses insurance. Hour
Later calls and comes over wanting to pay me cash 1000. I told him to hold off
And just wait untill today and ill pick up my quote for the door. Hindge and paint.

Masked Bandit
12-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
Turns out he messed up the number ? Don't know if that's true. My neigbour was outside so
He may have slipped it in because he seen him. Anyway. he chooses insurance. Hour
And just wait untill today and ill pick up my quote for the door. Hindge and paint.

It's going to be way more than $1000. This guy tried to jerk you around once already, why give him another chance. Put it through insurance. That's what it's there for.

Masked Bandit
12-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by voodoomusic
Why leave a fake number? If the intent was to run, why not just book it and leave nothing at all? Taking the time to write a note with a fake number just makes it more likely someone will get a description either of him or his car.

I kind of wonder if he somehow just fucked up the number (bad handwriting, or he wasn't thinking straight). Not to say he isn't a retard, but purposely writing out the wrong number makes no sense.

Sure it does. The guy hits the parked car, notices that a neighbour perhaps saw it. Gets out and makes it look like he's leaving proper information and takes off. If the OP wouldn't have come out when he did, this guy would have got away with it.

Cock Knuckle
12-14-2009, 09:35 AM
You should have taken his $1000 then ran it through his insurance as well. Merry Christmas you heathen.:devil:

scat19
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Sure it does. The guy hits the parked car, notices that a neighbour perhaps saw it. Gets out and makes it look like he's leaving proper information and takes off. If the OP wouldn't have come out when he did, this guy would have got away with it.

Can't believe you had to explain it to him. I thought it was obivous.

If he hit and just booked it like you said voodo - then perhaps someone watching would call the police.... duh?

SCHIDER23
12-14-2009, 10:20 AM
^^

or he could have read the previous post, I explained why they usually go out of their way to make it look like they are been responsible. :rofl: :rofl:

Xtrema
12-14-2009, 11:35 AM

You are too nice to the guy. Just deal with insurance and call it a day. Less hassle.

BTW, just read this:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/12/14/steering-you-right-one-driver-collisions.htm

So leaving a note is not sufficient. It's considered hit and run until you tell the police. Didn't know that.

voodoomusic
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Can't believe you had to explain it to him. I thought it was obivous.

If he hit and just booked it like you said voodo - then perhaps someone watching would call the police.... duh?

And if OP called the fake number to discover it was fake, I guess he'd just say, "Oh well, that sucks," and then drop it, right?

He wouldn't ask his neighbours to see if they perhaps saw the guy? And then get the same description that he would have gotten even if the guy had booked it (except a better one since he presumably hung around the area for several minutes writing the note)?

I'm not saying that I don't see any possible scenario where this could work out for the guy, but on balance if I were intending to run, I would just run. I wouldn't complicate the issue by sticking around for five minutes writing a fake note. (Clearly it was a shitty idea, if it was his idea, in this scenario since it gave the OP time to catch him.) Seems like too many people see fraud where maybe they should just see incompetence and/or illiteracy.

picmerollin
12-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by adidas

if you do anything less you are a fool, this POS was definitely not going to lose sleep if he got away with it- and the whole fake number thing, I doubt this is his first "typo" or H+R if that is his move.

Stealth22
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
The hit-and-run charge might be a bit of a long shot, but you should at the very least, talk to the police. And phone your insurance company ASAP.

chkolny541
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
The hit-and-run charge might be a bit of a long shot, but you should at the very least, talk to the police. And phone your insurance company ASAP.

vipstyle2
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
He hasn't been answering went to his home with the quote he wanted. Tells
Me go to insurance. Looks like I will be first thing in the morning. Fucking people.

vipstyle2
12-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I have a question for you guys, the wipers may have Been on int.
When he hit the side my wiper broke off , when I came out they where on and the metal scartched the shit out of my windsheild on the drives side. Insurance covers replacing it right ? It's deep and I don't think I'll pass inspection is right across my line of vision.

Xtrema
12-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I have a question for you guys, the wipers may have Been on int.
When he hit the side my wiper broke off , when I came out they where on and the metal scartched the shit out of my windsheild on the drives side. Insurance covers replacing it right ? It's deep and I don't think I'll pass inspection is right across my line of vision.

That's the job of adjuster. Make sure you point that out.

I made the mistake being a nice guy before. But never will I try to save people $. I don't care who's at fault, I deal ONLY with insurance company.

vipstyle2
12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
And the damage is around 2000 to 2500 think its a right off
94 rs integra 220 000 km fair body. The door won't close and is completely smashed in but window isn't smashed.

Xtrema
12-15-2009, 07:05 PM
And the damage is around 2000 to 2500 think is a right off
94 rs integra 220 000 km fair body.

Again, it's the adjuster's call. As for repair cost, I find that walk in quote is usually way higher than what the insurance would get quoted for the same job. A bumper cover can be $1000 if you walking but Insurance will only pay $750 and the job still get done.

If it's too much to repair and you don't want pay out, you can't probably insist a replacement vehicle.

vipstyle2
12-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Ok I'll forsure point it all out thanks , I haven't been able drive for the past three days to school or work. :banghead:

GQBalla
12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Ok I'll forsure point it all out thanks , I haven't been able drive for the past three days to school or work. :banghead:

make sure you document all that call the guys insurance and demand a rental

vipstyle2
12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

make sure you document all that call the guys insurance and demand a rental

I tried and they told me to wait for the adjuster to call and come by in 1-3 days. I asked for the adjusters number and was told they will contact me because they're so busy at AMA.

thinmyster
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
just got this in an email. made me think of this thread

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3871/messagex.jpg

Zero102
12-17-2009, 11:16 AM
That's funny because its the second time somebody used right instead of write in this thread