PDA

View Full Version : toyota supra with jdm engine, help!

toyguy
11-23-2003, 02:38 PM
Whats up everyone? Maybe one of you can help me out. Recently i have have dropped one of those jdm pullouts into a 88 toyota supra and it just isnt right. This is the first time that I have ever done the jdm thing. So this is how it goes, the car runs really sluggish, it seems to be running really rich and has teh feeling that it is missing but it isnt, it does seem to rev up fine in park but when in gear its slow and crummy. I know that all the timing is correct and all teh obvious stuff, although I do think that the egr valve is sucking a little air but I doubt that it is enough to create this sort of problem. ive gone through all that I know and had other people look at it too with not much help. Some one please give me a clue to this because I am lost.

mx73someday
11-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Did you swap harnesses? You might want to check that all the injector wires are snug in their connectors and that the injectors are firing in the correct order (might explain why its reading rich). No check engine lights? Maybe go into a little more detail on the symptoms and the things that you've checked. How well does it start up?