PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Sucks Balls

bituerbo
12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
So I've been trying to get setup with cable for the past 3 weeks. Original call was on Saturday Nov. 28th. Book shaw appointment for next opening: Sunday Dec. 6th. 1-5pm for Cable Television and and High Speed internet. Well 5pm Sunday comes and goes, nobody shows. I give them til' 6 and I phone in. "We can't tell you why he didn't show, it won't make a difference, all we can do is book you another appointment". I say fuck it, cancel the television service, I'll go with someone else. This gives me a smaller window and also makes my call being fulfilled more likely.

So I go ahead and book another appointment, Sunday Dec. 13th 1pm-3pm. So today at 3:01 I phone shaw. "We see the appointment and we don't see any cancellations... I'm sure the tech will arrive shortly, I will email dispatch and make sure someone is on their way". 4:00... phone Shaw again, given the same story. 5:00p... phone shaw again. Now it turns out my order was never printed and handed to a tech, so nobody even knew to come see me today. Me: "FFFFFUUUUUUUU-" Tech: My next opening is December 27th, do you want me to schedule that for you?"

WTF!!!
A fucking month.
A mother fucking MONTH and two unkept appointments.
Any other ISP's offer same speeds as Shaw? Fuck this noise.

also: shaw HD-PVR for $300 firm.
dual-tuner 160 (?)gb hdd.

C_Dave45
12-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I hate those guys. But I decided to stick with them rather than go to Telus (the only other full package bundle) and to keep me, Shaw offered the HD PVR for 6 months free and then I can buy it for $249. $300 firm sounds like a bit of a rip off...when telus offers it for free. (have to sign up for 3 yrs though)

BlackArcher101
12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear this. Usually the tech calls me 5 minutes before the window to confirm the time he'll be there. From one extreme to the other I guess.

punky
12-13-2009, 07:08 PM
thats really strange, my experience with shaw is almost 100% opposite. They're always within the time window, and always solve the issue i have.

kevie88
12-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I've had nothing but awesome service from Shaw. They've helped me out quite a few times over the years and they've always shown up on time. :dunno:

anarchy
12-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Op: You've got PM.

garthalgar
12-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I've had nothing but awesome service from Shaw. They've helped me out quite a few times over the years and they've always shown up on time. :dunno:

Ditto... Hope you get it all worked out OP.

FiveFreshFish
12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by punky
thats really strange, my experience with shaw is almost 100% opposite. They're always within the time window, and always solve the issue i have.

Originally posted by kevie88
Ditto. At least with Shaw customer service, you're talking to someone local.

sr20s14zenki
12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I live in crossfield, and still they were here when i made the appointment, no questions asked, great tech's.

Kobe
12-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Call them at 8:00am each day and ask if there is any avaliable spots for the day... thats what they told me 2 do when i missed my apointment.. I ended up getting it 2 days later instead of 2 weeks later

TomcoPDR
12-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of Shaw techs are "contractors" (i.e. they get the techs to incorporate/sole proprietor). So therefore, you just need to save these techs cell # privately :D

PM me if you need some tech contacts.

ExtraSlow
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I've had great service from the shaw techs. I'm running shaw phone, tv and internet and I love it.

SRT8
12-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I just moved from a place with Bell services to a house with Shaw services. Bell was far superior in terms of HD and channel line up. Their PVR worked much better as well.

To Shaws credit, when I called and told them about the issues with the PVR, they fixed it immediately and offered a free additional HDPVR for another room in the house.

AndyL
12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
ask about m-f 8-5 service... suck it up take a day off work; we can usually have a shaw tech onsite next day when we're having problems (damn squirrels - they seem to like the shaw wire - regularly having issues up the pole in the neighbourhood)

FraserB
12-14-2009, 12:02 AM
When SHAW techs do show up they are great. Never ring the doorbell, always knock, shoes off at the door without being asked, never leave any debris at the work site, explain what they are doing and stick around to make sure the fix is good.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its just convincing the phone tech that it is not my computer that is fucking up but their connection and I really do need a tech to show up. 2 weeks to convince them to send a tech and another week for him to show up.