PDA

View Full Version : P90x 2010 Edition

Pages : [1] 2

chathamf
12-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey,

I am going to be starting P90x in the New Year. Likely start Jan 2, as I will be too hungover to start on the 1st. Was just wondering if maybe some other people are interested and we could have a thread going on how we are getting along, the diet aspect, recipes, etc.

I am going to Home Depot today to buy supplies to build a pull-up bar (let me know if you want to plan) as I don't care for the door frame kind, and my doorways where I want to workout won't really work it it anyways. I just got the Beachbody Resistance bands in the mail today, plan on using both the weights and the bands from time to time.

Anyways, let me know if anyone is interested.

CaptainReboot
01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I will be starting this within the next day or two. I need to get some of the equipment though (pull up bar, push up bar, mat, etc)

Anybody know of a decent place to get this?

RecoilS14
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
i dont have the 2010 version, but i plan on starting this soon aswell. I need to get a chin up bar tho.

chathamf
01-02-2010, 04:07 PM
It's not an actual 2010 edition, I was just using that because I would be starting in the new year. Starting tomorrow if all goes well. Picked up my supplements and whatnot that I needed today.

CaptainReboot, I picked up my pull-up bar at Canadian Tire and they have the push-up stands there as well. Along with yoga mats, blocks, etc. Wal-Mart pretty much has all the same gear as well.

I ended up not having a door frame that would work with the door frame bar, so I ended up building one based on a design I had found on the internet. Cost about 20 bucks and is a much better setup then the door frame ones in my opinion.

Anyways, I'm starting tomorrow if you guys would like to use this thread for updates, support, etc. Good luck, were gonna need it.

CaptainReboot
01-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I will try to start tomorrow, I still need to pick up the chin up bar though and probably some resistance bands.

I'll post my progress in this thread. Looking forward to the challenge.

CaptainReboot
01-03-2010, 05:28 PM
So started today with classic workout with Chest and Back. Man, I was exhausted. Then I tried the ab ripper X right after and I struggled with a lot of them of the exercises. Could not do 25 reps of each, so I was doing around 10.

Would it be better to split these up and do them at different times in the same day so I get a bit of a break?

chathamf
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I've read of quite a few people splitting them up so they have more energy for the ab-ripper. I'm still yet to get started, going to get at it after the Raptors game tonight.

Did you get the door frame pullup bar? Any tips for when I try it later? lol

CaptainReboot
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes, I got the door frame pull up bar. Not the one recommended by them, but some other one. It's blue and available pretty much anywhere. Got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart for $35.

A little afraid to pull on it at first, but it works alright. I do need to use a chair though when I do it. The wide pull ups are a little hard to do though, because of the way the bar is against the door frame. Isn't much room for your hands to hold onto it.

I'm going to do the Ab ripper again tonight as my form was horrible when I did it earlier.

chathamf
01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Yea, I've been practicing the pull-ups and I will definetly need to use the chair as well.

What kind of shape are you in currently? I'm sitting at pretty much the worst I've been in in a long time, so this is gonna kick the shit out of me.

CaptainReboot
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I can start to feel my arms getting sore. Did Ab ripper again and it was easier, but still struggling on a few of the exercises. I was in good shape over the summer as I do a lot of running outside, but I've been getting lazy. Started working out again mid November.

I've always focused more on cardio than muscle building so this will be a challenge. Plyometrics tomorrow.

urban_chic
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
hey guys i have a question. Does anyone here know how to transfer the p90x dvds onto an ipod? im not allowed to have the equipments at home and would like to do it at a gym and this the easiest way I could think of right now. Cant wait to get started!!

(I have another thread going on in the computers section..so Im really sorry for the repetition if anyone has read it).
Thanks guys!

no_joke
01-03-2010, 10:55 PM
^^ Just look up P90x and ipod on any torrent site. Or look up ripping dvds to ipod format on Google. Shouldn't be difficult.

chathamf
01-03-2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That is the link to a program that can convert videos to the i-pod format. It could be kind of hard watching the videos and trying to perform all of the moves while at the gym.

Why can't you use the needed equipment in your home? All you really need is a chin-up bar and weights/bands. You can even get by without the chin-up bar, but there must a doorway you could use where you live.

urban_chic
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
thanks for the input guys...im really a noob when it comes to these things.. haha even if there's a step by step guide...but ill do my best

i live with my parents and they don't want the chin up bar anywhere in the house lol...i brought my dad to fitness depot and showed him the chin up bar...their destroyed doorway where the chin up bar was displayed definitely did not help...plus i have a gym membership so yeah :)

good luck fellow p90x-ers!

chathamf
01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Finally got started today after putting it off a couple days longer then I planned. Just finished chest and back and I am pretty burnt out.

I did much worse then I thought I would and I needed the chair for all of the pull-up exercises. I was also maxing out at around 10 and under for push-up reps after my first burst of energy died off. I found that diamond push-ups to be extremely hard and was hardly able to do any at all.

almerick
01-04-2010, 02:04 PM
The stretches are very important, if you ever decided to stop halfway because you are too tired, skip to the end and just do the cool down stretches! My two cents.

stevieo
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
if you guys are using the p90x bar (the one that they sell for the p90x workouts w/ wide grip and all that jazz..) make sure you mount it properly with those metal brackets that hang above your door. hahaha last year i did a little jump tug for a pull up and i fell on my head

CaptainReboot
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by urban_chic
thanks for the input guys...im really a noob when it comes to these things.. haha even if there's a step by step guide...but ill do my best

i live with my parents and they don't want the chin up bar anywhere in the house lol...i brought my dad to fitness depot and showed him the chin up bar...their destroyed doorway where the chin up bar was displayed definitely did not help...plus i have a gym membership so yeah :)

good luck fellow p90x-ers!

I think with the chin up bar at Fitness depot, you have to mount it, as per the post above.

Here are some pictures of my bar and how it's setup:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/IMG_4502.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/IMG_4503-1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/CaptainReboot/IMG_4505.jpg

atx840
01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
nice bar

anythingcanada
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Keep at it guys, just keep pushing play.

I am on day 53 and have seen some great results so far. I was never fit or athletic, 20 pounds overweight and all around lazy. I couldn't do a single chin-up and maybe 15 pushups. Now 5 chin-ups without a chair (sounds low but a big improvement from none) did 2 sets of 50 pushups in a row last night without any issues. But most importantly I am more flexible, cardio is 1000% better and I feel great.

I am not following the food guide because i have a wife and kid that cant really eat that stuff......but i do eat healthy now. Key if you are not going to follow it is to eat several smaller meals a day, 5-7 small meals, eat breakfast and add some fruit to your diet.

I also have added some protein shakes, get a high quality all natural brand, I make one in the morning with fruit juice and add some bananas and berries and then make one again around 7 at night.

Recovery drink is important, helps your body get what it needs after such an intense workout, i went to Popeye's and got their recommendation.

If you have any questions email me at [email protected]

Dumbass17
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
good for you

i have the p90x but i haven't tried any of it besides the ab ripper x, which i try to do at least twice a week

i hate the v-leg roll ups i think it's called. those are hard as hell!!

anyone else's legs/thighs get sore doing these ab exercises lol

keep this going, i've always just preferred the gym to working out at home

chathamf
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Just finished day 2. Plyometrics with the flu. What a treat that was. Haha. It actually was not quite as bad as I thought it would be, need to push harder next time and make it a bit tougher on myself. I know I will be super sore tomorrow though.

CaptainReboot, that is the same pull-up bar I have as well, but unfortunately no door frame in my workout area where it will work. How is it working for you? I will take pics of my home made setup.

Hows the diet been going? I continue to eat healthy, but I find it really hard to eat enough and get three decent meals in a day.

dkmlam
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot

I think with the chin up bar at Fitness depot, you have to mount it, as per the post above.

I bought this exact same bar from fitness depot a few months ago. The only drawback is that you can't do wide-grip pull-ups.

natejj
01-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I made it to day 12. Then met a girl. Then stopped. This was 3 months ago... girls long gone... moving to Edmonton in 3 weeks, will start fresh when i get there... I hope.

CaptainReboot
01-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by chathamf
Just finished day 2. Plyometrics with the flu. What a treat that was. Haha. It actually was not quite as bad as I thought it would be, need to push harder next time and make it a bit tougher on myself. I know I will be super sore tomorrow though.

CaptainReboot, that is the same pull-up bar I have as well, but unfortunately no door frame in my workout area where it will work. How is it working for you? I will take pics of my home made setup.

Hows the diet been going? I continue to eat healthy, but I find it really hard to eat enough and get three decent meals in a day.

The bar is good, but like someone said, you can't do wide grip on it.

I'm not following their diet, but I am eating healthier.

Did plyometrics which was fun and shoulders, biceps, triceps I think it was yesterday. Didn't find this one as bad as the chest exercises, but I think I need to increase the weights.

Doing yoga tonight.

chathamf
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Reboot, since there is just the two of us on here doing P90x right now I've joined a thread on the beachbody website of a few people that just started recently if you would like to join that one. Let me know and I'll pm you the address.

Supa Dexta
01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by natejj
I made it to day 12. Then met a girl. Then stopped. girls long gone...

So what you're saying is, is it works? If you didn't stop you'd have a girl and not have to move to edm :rofl:

CaptainReboot
01-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
Reboot, since there is just the two of us on here doing P90x right now I've joined a thread on the beachbody website of a few people that just started recently if you would like to join that one. Let me know and I'll pm you the address.

Sure, send me the address and I'll follow it through there.

2nd week started today. I was able to do more reps with the chest and back exercises. Dropped 5 - 6 pounds so far, so things are progressing.

chathamf
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow. Nice work with losing that much weight. I have actually gained a pound or two after my first week.

Here is the link:
http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/38423140;jsessionid=03584C25C258D3AEB36C828C1AA3E6A3.node4?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&cur=1

See you there!

Clever
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Bump, the wife and I are are going on 4th week starting today, Monday's are rest/strech day. She does real well with the ab ripper and of course yoga and plyo, I like doing the everything that involves lifting or pull ups, plus Kenpo. I suck at Yoga, can barely do anything even after 3 weeks, but I try. Seeing results is probably the best reward after all the pain.

chathamf
03-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Forgot about this thread, but here is an update!

I went hard for the first month, got 30 days in and was really starting to notice a difference. This workout really works.

BUT..

I ended up taking a few days off because I had tickets to the Guns & Roses concert in Halifax. Ended up getting into a scrap with some jackass in the beer line, and breaking my hand in doing so (boxer's fracture). I tried to modify the moves, but ended up having to wait it out and let the injury heal. So, I haven't been able to work out since and am back in bad shape again. Haha.

Will be giving it another shot though, and recommend it for sure.

core_upt
03-24-2010, 01:23 PM
well, hopefully the boxing workout helped!

big A
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I am trying to start p90x but on a budget though so I am hoping for advice.I've acquired all the DVDs and book info and I have adequate equipment and weights.
My question is about the supplements. I don't think you really need all their stuff but is the protein drink and creatine you get at Costco good enough or is it really full of filler and useless like the people that want you to buy their expensive product want you to believe. If so is there something in between that is decent and affordable. How about that power bar that they want you to replace one meal a day with, what's is good for that.
Any other advice is appreciated.

Tik-Tok
04-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Does p90x work for anyone? Thinking of trying it, I'm 6' 190lbs, a little muscle, more stomach than I should have... or it just for people who are already fit?

I have no problems hitting the bike for 30 minutes a day, and free weights for 20, but it didn't seem like it was doing too much for my fat, I'm early 30's now, and metabolism has slowed down a lot.

big A
04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
^^^ When you check out the p90x sites they all stress that it is not for beginners. Look at this http://www.pdfgeni.com/book/P90x-guide-book-pdf.html
and take the fit test. As long as you don't completely fail everything you will be OK but up for a challenge.

Anomaly
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm on week 7, starting to notice results now. Mostly in the back/shoulders and stomach. You need to be relatively fit...but as long as you're not 300 lbs and can do some chin up and push ups you'll be fine.

I can understand how it wouldn't work for some people. You have to be self motivated and not cheat on the routines. No one is there to watch you, so you have to be willing to push yourself.

nj2Type-S
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
i'd like to give props to those who can actually follow through with this program. i tried it for a couple of weeks and i got soooo bored working out at home. honestly, i wish i have the motivation to work out at home. :cry:

syeve
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
well, hopefully the boxing workout helped!

Cokie the clown! AWESOME!

89coupe
04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Does p90x work for anyone? Thinking of trying it, I'm 6' 190lbs, a little muscle, more stomach than I should have... or it just for people who are already fit?

I have no problems hitting the bike for 30 minutes a day, and free weights for 20, but it didn't seem like it was doing too much for my fat, I'm early 30's now, and metabolism has slowed down a lot.

I'm 6' tall and weighed 200lbs when I started, by the end I was 170lbs. Now back on the weights and I'm up to 178lbs in the morning and super lean. Goal is to get back to 185-190lbs and lean.

89coupe
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Guys looking for a good chin-up bar, I bought mine from here.

http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-609-c--premium-chin-up-bar.html

Shows up a week later.

Clever
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
My wife and I decided to restart the program from the beginning after reaching week 6, we are on week 1 again, this time following the nutrition plan as much as we can, we eat healthy but not as clean. But even without the nutrition plan, we saw some decent results, and our over all fitness and health have greatly improved, but we want to get better results doing the first phase over again is a lot more fun the second time around, we can keep up with the guys in the video now:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm going to see if that chin up bar is sold locally, if not, I'll grab one from the site, thanks 89Coupe.

no_joke
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
You can keep up with Dom in plyo? "He's mad. He's a wild man!"

Clever
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I strive for perfection, like Pam "The Blam!":rofl:

gqmw
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Anyone starting when school is out?

Crymson
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Does fitness depot have the resistance bands as well? What are good bands?

Clever
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Any particular reason you want bands? We bought a couple for my wife to use and she ended up using weights instead, even for pull/chin ups, she switched to the bar as well.

Crymson
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
It's a space thing. Don't have room for a set of weights and i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the adjustable ones.

89coupe
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
It's a space thing. Don't have room for a set of weights and i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the adjustable ones.

Try power blocks & a pull-up bar. You can do all the necessary exercises to build muscle with these two things.

chathamf
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Order the bands from the Beachbody website. I got them because I didn't want to spend the money to get a whole set of dumb bells.

They are of high quality, and I like them for some exercises.

I did end up buying a few sets of dumb bells as well, but some exercises the bands work great for.

cdnsir
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
So do most people actually lose a lot weight with this program? All I want out of this is to build up a good core for lifting a few months down the road. I'm 6', 175lb, with 22% BF right now. If I can lean up and drop down to 170lb at the end, I wouldn't mind. But if I drop 15 lbs or more, it'll be pretty hard for me to bulk up again cuz my goal is to hit 190lbs in 6 mths.

shakalaka
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Need some advice here. I have been bulking for the past few months and seen good results. I plan to bulk for maybe a month or so more, as along with the muscle gain, I've also notice fat gain. Which I know comes with the territory and can't be avoided but I hate it. I am 6.1 and I went from about 190lbs to 217lbs since February I guess. My goal was to keep bulking till I hit 230lbs and then stop and start cutting. But I am getting double minded now as I absolutely hate the fat gain, I've seen more muscle, and just more bulk in general as well, but just not down with the fat. My ultimate goal is to be 220lbs under 10% bf. But now I am thinking that whatever I've bulked is enough and I should step up the cutting so that I can maintain what I have and lose the excess fat. And I will be doing weight training regardless so not like I won't be gaining anymore muscle. I have noticed I can lift a lot heavier than what I used to, so obviously that's going to stay and I probably will keep on increasing that.

Anyway about p90x from what I understand it's for cutting/ripping/shredding fat? I will probably be downloading the program from some torrent website. Do you guys recommend doing this alone is enough for shredding or should I be doing tons of cardio on the side as well, as I would say if I was cutting on my own? Just looking for general advice/suggestions from the people that have already done this, as to what is a good way of doing it? I will also be doing my weight lifting at the same time as I would have while cutting. Generally I would just start doing tons of cardio along with my weight training to cut and alter the diet accordingly. I don't want to stop doing the weights, so wondering if it's possible to do the program along with the weights routine and everything?

chathamf
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
There is a lean version of P90x (you still download the same program, you just use a different schedule). You could probably follow this, and shred the fat you want. If you will be lifting all the time anyways, then there isn't really any need of you doing the weight workouts involved. There is also a doubles version, where more cardio and whatnot is added.

Download the program and read the PDF's and whatnot included, and you should be able to decide what is best for you.

I did the first month of it, and didn't lost any weight. I noticed alot of fat going, but the weight was getting replaced with muscle. I was also using a protein powder that was used to gaining weight as well.

Likely if you keep lifting, and do the lean version of P90x, and maybe keep your calorie intake pretty low you should be good to go.

shakalaka
05-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Ok so I downloaded the program and it was like almost 8 gig. First result that comes on piratebay. There are no pdf's in it or anything that explain anything about the lean version program and stuff. All it has is 12 different videos of different body parts and it gets right into the exercises. Now I am not too keen on following it the way it is right from the start to the end. Like I explained in my earlier post, I would still like to do my own weight routine that I do (heavy weights/low reps for every exercise). For example Monday being the Chest day, rather than following that video 1 on the p90x I rather do my own chest routine, which is pretty 'extreme' as it is lol

The only reason I don't want to follow their weight routine they start is because the one I do seems harder than what they are doing. Like they stick to basic pushups, chin ups and such, while I do those and a other exercises with lot of heavy weight. That makes me think if I start following the program properly I would actually be doing less work than what I do currently. So my question is what is this lean version then? Does it include same exercises that they show in the 12 videos? I am thinking if I am going to follow my own weight routine, the p90x isn't really of much use to me? If anyone has any of those pdf's and can email to me, let me know.

Is there just a cardio version of p90x? That shows you how to lose weight while maintaing muscle and stuff? Perhaps I could just do that and incorporate that with my own weight training or something you know?

cdnsir
05-10-2010, 10:32 AM
The one that I found online had the Classic, Lean, and Double I think it's called. The exercises seem the same in all versions, it's when and what to do that varied between the 3 calendars. Oh and mine was 4gb, with vids and all the pdfs as well.

I do agree, looking at the videos, I'm pretty sure I'll be working less. It looks to lean slightly closer to aerobic than anaerobic. I guess at the end, I don't really mind getting a bit more lean before bulking again. It's only 3 months anyways, good opportunity to reset my body from the regular routine I guess.

So yeah got all my measurements written down now, gonna give it a go starting tonight. Minus the diet plan though. I'll stick to a regular diet plus protein powder as supplement.

403Gemini
05-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot

how did you get the foam on in the middle? fucking thing was too tight (thats what she said :rofl:) and i got frustrated and gave up and just wear my gloves when i use that bar.

Originally posted by cdnsir
So do most people actually lose a lot weight with this program? All I want out of this is to build up a good core for lifting a few months down the road. I'm 6', 175lb, with 22% BF right now. If I can lean up and drop down to 170lb at the end, I wouldn't mind. But if I drop 15 lbs or more, it'll be pretty hard for me to bulk up again cuz my goal is to hit 190lbs in 6 mths.

When I did it last year i went from 209 lbs to 183 in about 6 weeks

89coupe
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Ok so I downloaded the program and it was like almost 8 gig. First result that comes on piratebay. There are no pdf's in it or anything that explain anything about the lean version program and stuff. All it has is 12 different videos of different body parts and it gets right into the exercises. Now I am not too keen on following it the way it is right from the start to the end. Like I explained in my earlier post, I would still like to do my own weight routine that I do (heavy weights/low reps for every exercise). For example Monday being the Chest day, rather than following that video 1 on the p90x I rather do my own chest routine, which is pretty 'extreme' as it is lol

The only reason I don't want to follow their weight routine they start is because the one I do seems harder than what they are doing. Like they stick to basic pushups, chin ups and such, while I do those and a other exercises with lot of heavy weight. That makes me think if I start following the program properly I would actually be doing less work than what I do currently. So my question is what is this lean version then? Does it include same exercises that they show in the 12 videos? I am thinking if I am going to follow my own weight routine, the p90x isn't really of much use to me? If anyone has any of those pdf's and can email to me, let me know.

Is there just a cardio version of p90x? That shows you how to lose weight while maintaing muscle and stuff? Perhaps I could just do that and incorporate that with my own weight training or something you know?

I guess it all depends on what you want to look like. All the weight programs in p90x tell you that if you want to build muscle use enough weight so you can only do the exercise a maximum of 10 reps.

I find it very hard to believe that the p90x program doesn't work you as hard as your normal routine.

cdnsir
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

I guess it all depends on what you want to look like. All the weight programs in p90x tell you that if you want to build muscle use enough weight so you can only do the exercise a maximum of 10 reps.

I find it very hard to believe that the p90x program doesn't work you as hard as your normal routine.

Well I tried the first routine yesterday, I think I know what he meant by you don't work as hard. It's definitely a different type of work, basically it's doing supersets on a partial circuit on the lifting days. You'll sweat and you'll be exhausted, but it's not the same lift hard, rest, lift hard again that most people are used to.

It seems ok to me so far. Kinda fun to try out all the different exercises. But to prevent myself from losing too much weight, I made sure to limit my reps with heavier weights, and I'm taking in more protein after the workout. I'll see how that goes.

shakalaka
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Anyone have the p90x pdf files they can email me? Cause like I said they weren't included in what I downloaded. So perhaps I am all confused because I didn't read it all and after reading it may make more sense? If someone has it, can you PM me and I'll give you my email address. Thanks.

From what I gather so far I would rather use the p90x stuff when I want to tone/rip. Right now I am aiming for getting more bulk, which is why I try to go as heavy as I can in the gym. But after briefly looking at the video, it doesn't look like it would give you any bulk. My plan was to bulk for about a month or so, which ends pretty soon. Then perhaps I'll give p90x stuff a shot and see if it gives me the tone and get's rid of the excess fat I ended up gaining during the bulking phase.

People that have started doing it, do you think it's possible to follow the program in the actual gym if you write down the routine for each day and take it with you?

89coupe
05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm very confused about this whole "bulking" thing. Are you guys all extremely tiny guys with no muscle?

How big do you want to be?

Tony Horton looks the way he does from his program. He has a perfect body IMO.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/kajundc12/2908_94107262574_786487574_2458270_.jpg

shakalaka
05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't know in the pictures he looks good, but I saw the videos and he doesn't look that big in those. Just really well defined. I am 6.1 right now and weight about 217lbs, but bf percentage must be much higher which is why eventually I need to tone/shred excess fat. My ultimate goal is to be 220lbs with under 10% bf or somewhere around there.

cdnsir
05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Anyone have the p90x pdf files they can email me?

People that have started doing it, do you think it's possible to follow the program in the actual gym if you write down the routine for each day and take it with you?

PM me your email, I'll do it when I get home.

On the pdf's, the exercises are actually all lined up in a worksheet that you use at the gym for marking down your reps already. I think you do need the video playing just so you won't lose pace and end up slowing down the routine.

Since I'm still a noob, I put all the vids on my PSP to learn the exercise for now. But after a couple of weeks, I think I can rip the sound to an mp3, then listen to it so I can keep up with the right pace.

89coupe
05-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't know in the pictures he looks good, but I saw the videos and he doesn't look that big in those. Just really well defined. I am 6.1 right now and weight about 217lbs, but bf percentage must be much higher which is why eventually I need to tone/shred excess fat. My ultimate goal is to be 220lbs with under 10% bf or somewhere around there.

He's 5'9 174lbs

To look like that at 6' 1" you need to be around 190-195lbs.

shakalaka
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
^Yeap exactly, that's why I am aiming for about 210lbs to 220lbs. That's more what I would want to look like.

89coupe
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
^Yeap exactly, that's why I am aiming for about 210lbs to 220lbs. That's more what I would want to look like.

So you want a bodybuilder look?

cdnsir
05-12-2010, 03:35 PM
2 days in and i think I've a problem with dehydration already! I usually drink 1.5L of water, plus about 500ml of milk per day. Which all goes through me pretty quickly, an hour tops and I'll need to piss right. Last night I drank 3 tall glasses of water in about 2 hrs, and I barely had anything to pee out!!!

Sick program, I work out pretty regularly but this is already kicking my ass. The soreness and dehydration I'm getting is ridiculous. Really looking forward to see my measurements at the end. If I can get my BF% down to mid-teens, It'll all be worth it!

gqmw
05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
^ Sweet man...sounds like its working.

I haven't gotten around to getting started yet...but I think I'll be starting soon.

bigbadboss101
05-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
^ Sweet man...sounds like its working.

I haven't gotten around to getting started yet...but I think I'll be starting soon.

Start now, start now! You and me both!

shakalaka
05-12-2010, 06:58 PM

So you want a bodybuilder look?

I don't really consider that the bodybuilder look though. Those are way too huge.

Check this guy out, he's 210lbs and under 10% bf. I think he looks pretty freaking awesome (if I can say so without sounding like a homo) lol. I may not want AS much definition though.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123073521

I am gonna start the p90 stuff starting June. Gonna follow it right to the dot including the diet as much as I can. Not sure if I will be doing the Classic or doubles yet though. Perhaps start from classic and then see.

A guy I spoke to who's on day 39 of it said he was 200lbs when he started it and now day 39 he's still at 200lbs but look much more muscular and has lost the body fat and gained muscle. Which is EXACTLY what I am hoping to achieve!

89coupe
05-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Well natural body builder look ;)

I consider that guy in the body builder category.

Here is a guy that I think fits your idea. He's 6' 2" 194lbs 5.3% body fat.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=421985671&postcount=210

Too big IMO, getting to the point where it doesn't look natural.

Clever
05-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I have read a few posts similar to yours on the P90x message boards, you should register and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to give you a better idea of what you can attain with P90x. My wife and I are on week 7, my over all health, core and strength have greatly improved, and everyone I know see the difference. I started at 205-208lbs. still at the 200lbs mark but but my clothes don't fit me anymore. I think that if you want to work on your health, athleticism and strength, this is the right program for you. I know a few guys that look like the guy on your link that don't do plyometrics or yoga, they can probably out bench me but I'm sure I can outlast them in any sport, and don't forget kempo is in the program as well, I can probably kick their asses too:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shakalaka
05-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Well natural body builder look ;)

I consider that guy in the body builder category.

Here is a guy that I think fits your idea. He's 6' 2" 194lbs 5.3% body fat.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=421985671&postcount=210

Too big IMO, getting to the point where it doesn't look natural.

Haha personal opinion I guess.

I think the guy in the link you posted looks good. Maybe just a wee bit too big for my taste. The back in the last pic looks massive. But yeah..

Originally posted by Clever
I have read a few posts similar to yours on the P90x message boards, you should register and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to give you a better idea of what you can attain with P90x. My wife and I are on week 7, my over all health, core and strength have greatly improved, and everyone I know see the difference. I started at 205-208lbs. still at the 200lbs mark but but my clothes don't fit me anymore. I think that if you want to work on your health, athleticism and strength, this is the right program for you. I know a few guys that look like the guy on your link that don't do plyometrics or yoga, they can probably out bench me but I'm sure I can outlast them in any sport, and don't forget kempo is in the program as well, I can probably kick their asses too:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha see that's where my goal differs. I am not too bothered with stamina and all that. For now I am just only aiming for the aesthetics. lol

Cool, I'll deff. check out the p90x forums. Thanks for the suggestion. What's their website for the message boards?

Clever
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Forgot about this thread, the website is teambeachbody.com if you haven't found it yet. Also if you are not looking to do plyo, yoga or kempo, their is cardio x as well that can be used as a substitute if your main focus is purely aesthetics. I'm thinking of going that route myself in the 3rd phase of the program, to be honest, I really hate yoga and plyometrics, it's not like i'm trying out for a sport or anything.

shakalaka
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Sounds awesome, deff gonna have to replace those yoga and plyo stuff with cardio then. I am gonna start this pretty much within a day or two now. Free to read up on it now so gonna go do that. The only thing I am missing now is the diet guide and I was thinking of following that as well considering it's the joint diet and physical work that makes the program what it is.

cdnsir
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Plyo is leg crippling, kempo is kinda fun cuz there's a bag at the gym that I can actually throw punches at.

Yoga... it does make me sweat and it helps releases any soreness that I accumulate on the previous days. But like others mentioned, it's 1.5hrs of twisting and bending gheyness is definitely the lowlight of this program.

So Cardio X is a good sub for yoga? So we'll lose a bit of flexibility in exchange for a few more calories burnt... Not a bad trade off I guess. I might give that a go.

cdnsir
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Did some research on teambeachbody.com... found this excerpt. Maybe it's not a good idea to swap out yoga with cardio. BTW, the Tony from the quote is the actual trainer on the video.

RE: Problems with Yoga? Me too.

4/18/10 1:13 PM as a reply to mjagitsch. .I saw your post and I thought I'd share a response from Tony about switching out Yoga. I, too, hated Yoga and I did switch out Yoga for other routines. I didn't get the kind of results I wanted. I changed my view of Yoga and fought through it and now I actually enjoy it. It is hard to do it you try to do it right.

Anyway, here is Tony's response.

TONY; Can I skip out on yoga and substitute CardioX or Plyo?

My short answer is NO! No you can't skip out on yoga and substitute CardioX or Plyo. These are not substitutes for yoga. They are completely different than yoga. Yoga's effect on your body is 180º from standard cardiovascular training and jump training. Each one of these routines feeds off the other. The crazy mix of routines creates the variety the body needs for real change and overall conditioning. The whole point to P90X is to work on your strengths and weaknesses. The fact that yoga is a pain in your butt right now is the reason why it will change your fitness, aid in your weight loss, make you less vulnerable to injury, and improve the effectiveness of all the other workouts.

Don't feel bad, because most people dislike yoga at first. It's the anti-American workout. No punching and kicking. No jumping, or running, or lifting, or dancing. It's slow and quiet and requires time and patience. It's the other side of a (complete fitness) two-sided coin. It's the yin to the yang. It's the tortoise not the hare. It forces you to look inward and not outward and/or all over the place for a change. It's balance, strength, coordination, and flexibility all wrapped in one, and sometimes all at the same time. It will and has messed with your mind like no other workout can. It's perfect! When you can turn this foe into a friend, then and only then will you be able to understand it and appreciate its purpose.

Does this mean you need to continue to suffer the way you have? No. You conquer (tame or understand) yoga by modifying it like any and all other routines that are difficult. If you don't want to do the whole 90 minutes then don't. Use your remote to help you decide which 60 minutes you feel like doing. Keep a secondary timer close by to keep track of the full hour. You also have to change the way you feel about the experience. Stop caring that you're not good at it and start understanding that the "struggle" is where the action is. The Struggle is how your mind and body change for the better. The Struggle is why you're doing P90X. The Struggle is the magic that separates the old you from the new you. Struggle but don't give up. The other short answer is... Do Your Best And Forget The Rest!

shakalaka
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Okay wow perhaps it's just best to stick to the routine just the way it is then.

Clever
05-26-2010, 06:11 PM
After doing a bit of research as well, cardio x is not a substitute but a supplement exercise to the program, but then again there is two ways of doing P90x, Classic or Lean and in the lean program, it looks like cardio x replaces plyometrics which for me might be a better way to go, you should check out both and decide if classic or lean is better for you.

EDIT:

Actually there are 3 different choices, Doubles is the thirds option aside from Classic and Lean, mainly for strength training.

403Gemini
05-26-2010, 10:09 PM
For anybody wondering the results I posted this awhile back, this was me after 1 month doing p90x

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/progressmonth01.jpg

I kept with the program for about 2 months and dropped down to 183, and I was pretty happy with where I was and I just kept going to the gym, took a bit of a break but I'm back to working out now again regularly. The biggest thing was eating more consciously and I haven't put on ANY weight since last year. The highest I spiked up to this last year was maybe 192 but I'm down to 181 now and I just came back from holidays where I indulged a bit ;)

Am I big? No. Bit I'm fit and getting firm again , and in the end, that's always been my goal. Just gotta start tossing some ab ripper X in there again to get my core strong :)

shakalaka
05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
^Deff some good gains there man, well done. Although that's the only thing that worries me at this point. You dropped so much weight and that great if that's what you want. I have been bulking for the past couple of months and and I want to be the weight I am right now, but shred the fat and have more muscle definition. That's the only thing that worries me and because of which I haven't started this program yet. I don't want to get thin or skinny by any means you know. I need to read up more and see how I can get the goal I want before I actually start it I think.

cdnsir
05-27-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm almost finished my 3rd week, I'll see if I can post some pics at the the end of the first 30 days. For now, here's what I'm doing. Not following the diet, but did change from 3 full to 5 smaller meals per day, and drinking double protein shakes after the all work outs, then singles on the morning after the lifting days.

Lifting wise, if it has weights I'll do heavy enough so that I can only squeeze 10 reps max. If it's the body weight exercises, I do anything from 10-20 depending on my point of failure.

So far, I manage to keep my weight exactly the same as I had started, with small fluctuations of bf% week over week. I think I see better cuts under the pecs and on the abs... I'll have to do some before and after shots to see if there are actual improvements, or is it just my imagination.

403Gemini
05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
^Deff some good gains there man, well done. Although that's the only thing that worries me at this point. You dropped so much weight and that great if that's what you want. I have been bulking for the past couple of months and and I want to be the weight I am right now, but shred the fat and have more muscle definition. That's the only thing that worries me and because of which I haven't started this program yet. I don't want to get thin or skinny by any means you know. I need to read up more and see how I can get the goal I want before I actually start it I think.

I BELIEVE they have different diet plans, and I chose a bear minimum one so I planned on burning fat - I also did lighter weights / more reps to burn the weight, in the video they recommend if you want to build muscle mass do heavy weight, less reps. It's a lot of good workouts, and its a great way to get started. IMHO it may be better for losing weight than building muscle, but thats just from my experience.

This is going to sound like a bit of a joke, but I watch The Doctors from time to time and last night they had one of the publishers from Mens Health magazine on and he said you can cut 25% of your daily calories from just changing what you DRINK, you don't have to change what you eat at all. Thats huge, I've cut pop out almost entirely since last year (i have maybe 1-2 cans a week now TOPS and mostly just water) and I think that is what is keeping my weight off.

I think if you up your protein intake from what the p90x program offers , then you should bulk up quite a bit.

canadian.eh84
05-27-2010, 11:32 PM
i downloaded it from the torrent site..
and its in mp4 but it wont sync with my iphone??
and how does the schedule work?
damn its alot of reading for this

Clever
05-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Here is the schedule for all the 3 different "editions" you can do, click the pdf file in the middle of the page.

http://anothermaria.com/wp/2009/04/p90x-classic-vs-doubles-vs-lean-routine/

cdnsir
06-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Following the program to the tee minus the dieting plans and got some interesting results. Week one and two I've managed to keep my weight steady. But on the third week, I suddenly dropped 4lbs in that one week! I'm thinking maybe my body took some time to adjust and the program finally changed my metabolism maybe? Because I do notice I'm actually sweating more during the workout now compared to the initial couple of weeks.

Pretty fun program, I actually like how things are scheduled. My only complain is that my quads are always tired. It seems like everyday, no matter what the muscle group it's being targeted, legs always seem to play a secondary role (thru lunges, horse stance or even during ab ripper). So at the end, they never really get a full chance to recover.

Anyway, here are my results for phase 1. Phase 2 starts tomorrow! Woohoo!

Day 0 - 178.4lbs, 23.2%BF
Day 30 - 174.8lbs, 22.3%BF

shakalaka
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Nice, congrats on the great results man. I haven't even started yet and I had planned to last week. But took me a while to read the nutrition guide, do the grocery shopping and get everything in order. From tomorrow I will be kicking it off, doing it right to the tee including the dieting plans. Will keep everyone posted about how things go.

shakalaka
06-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Ok so today was my first day starting the program and WOW....was I ever wrong about it being not hard enough. Like honestly I underestimated the thing big time. So many times through the video I felt like I was going to pass out pretty much. And in the end I couldn't even finish the whole thing. I only got through the round one part and after that it felt like if I continued I am going to throw up. All in all I was pretty disappointed at myself for not even finishing the damn thing, although I know its the first day and it's going to take some getting used.

A question though, when you guys first started, how many reps of each exercise were you guys doing? Cause Tony says set a goal in your head and do that many and those guys were doing like 20+ and I was only doing 10 for each exercise and still felt like I was going to die. I am thinking when I get back to this day, next monday, maybe do even fewer than 10 so I am able to finish the whole thing? I am not sure what do you guys think? And I didn't even remember you are supposed to do Ab Ripper X as well, so didn't do that either. Wondering if I should start with it again tomo or just move on to Plyo?

Also are you guys writing down the stuff after each exercise as well? I never bothered doing that and just kept following the video.

rx7boi
06-08-2010, 12:54 AM
hey shakalaka,

dont give up. the first week will be hard. you might feel discouraged from it because you weren't able to keep up to them in the video. but, keep this in mind. the guys and girls you see in the video already completed the p90x program. you will get stronger over time if you keep working at it. you have to be in the right state of mind. you have to know what your goals are and why you are doing this.

my first day was pretty disappointing as well. a week before i started the program (chest and back), i decided to try the arms and shoulder program. i wasn't able to keep up and i had to stop half way because i was exhausted. but i didn't give up. i told myself if i work hard, i will see results. im going into week three now and i can see my body getting slimmer and muscle is starting to build.

if find yourself slowing down and you cannot keep up with them, remember quality over quantity. good form is everything. if you can only do 10 reps... then do 10. if you thought you could curl 20's but can't, lower the weight. there is no shame in going backwards. sometimes you have to take a step back in order to advance forward.

plyo will kill your legs. take it slow. the first time i did plyo, i passed out after round two. i was sweating like crazy and i could barely breath. but i didn't give up, next week i did it again and i was able to finish it, barely. i paced myself and i said i'll do as much as my body allows me and a little more.

i wrote down everything just because i like to track of my progress.. also.. if you are really serious about it.. why not?
it only takes 10 secs to write down how many reps/weight you did. if you want the sheet, you can find it here

http://www.extremely-fit.com/downloads/P90XWorkSheet.pdf

shakalaka
06-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks man, appreciate the great advice.

I think I am gonna start with day 1 chest/back again tomo before moving to plyo and actually finish it this time. Since I was only able to finish round 1 today, once I finish the whole thing I will feel better moving on to the day 2 part and so on. Today I was doing 10 reps for each exercise, tomo I am gonna aim for 8. Just wanted to get an idea about how many reps on average other people starting out were able to do? Also plan to go in the morning after breakfast or something, cause today went at 8.30 and you're pretty tired by then as it is.

Clever
06-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes I would recommend writing everything you can download the work out sheets online, I recently hurt my left foot so I haven't done anything in over a week. I'm thinking or restarting the program again for the 3rd time, but we shall see. As long as you can feel the burn on your last three reps you should be fine. My first day the workout took almost 2 hours took a ton of breaks just so I didn't pass out, I you have the time I recommend doing the same thing.

cdnsir
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
My reps depends on the exercise. I do 20 for all the pushups, but can only do 10 for the pullups cuz my back's pretty pathetic. The rest of the lifting I generally aim for 10, except for the biceps where I go 15 cuz I want the veins to pop.

Yes, I do use the worksheet because if I don't reach my goal, I'll try to beat my rep tally by one the next time. Or if I shake on the last rep, or weights seems too light or heavy. You know just something so that I won't forget.

You have to realize, the first week's tough because the exercises are still new. By next week your motion will be more natural, and you can then focus on engaging the actual muscles a bit more which will up your reps as well. This is normal. Like yesterday I just started phase 2, and I kept collapsing in the middle of the pushup sets cuz I've never ever done those kinds of pushups in my life. But next week, I'm sure I can get the form better. Keep up the hard work!

One tip, use the water breaks wisely and drink that water! Remember I said I got crazy dehydrated when I first started? I find going through a full bottle of water during the workout, then chug 1L of protein drink right after really helps me out. Otherwise, I'll have nothing to piss out for the next 4 hours. LOL

Clever
06-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks man, appreciate the great advice.

I think I am gonna start with day 1 chest/back again tomo before moving to plyo and actually finish it this time. Since I was only able to finish round 1 today, once I finish the whole thing I will feel better moving on to the day 2 part and so on. Today I was doing 10 reps for each exercise, tomo I am gonna aim for 8. Just wanted to get an idea about how many reps on average other people starting out were able to do? Also plan to go in the morning after breakfast or something, cause today went at 8.30 and you're pretty tired by then as it is.

How's the program working for you? I decided to restart again from the beginning since I injured my foot, been off the program for about 3 weeks now, so there is really no point continuing from where I left. It really sucks because I was just about to hit week 9, the first time I made it to week 7 before restarting from the beginning and to follow the nutrition plan.

cdnsir
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Oh I hurt myself last week too. Got too low on the frog during yoga, agitate it with lunges the next day, and pulled my groin. One of the worst pain ever, it's been a week and I'm still not 100% yet.

I actually stopped the workouts for first 2 days, then did very isolated weights on the upper body only, then finished with yoga and kempo towards the end of the week. I think I might be safe to pick off where I left off... I was only on week 5, so my plan is to redo week 5 then continue to follow the program as usual.

Anyway, good to hear you're going back at it Clever! 3 week's not that long of a pause. Your body should be able to pick it back up real quick.

Clever
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I just want to be able to finish the damn program, lol, but you know what they say 3rd times the charm. I think you have the right idea, if I only had a few days off I'd would just redo the week, and I was hoping to do that, but it's been almost 3 weeks now and my foot is still not 100%. This week I'm going to do a few of the work outs, just to see how my foot and the rest of my body will hold up.

Hope you feel better yourself, I know how painful a groin injury is, frog is a PITA, I sometimes forget to go forward to get up and that is not fun at all.

shakalaka
06-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I haven't even 'properly' started the program. Well I did, but I am doing it a little differently. Since the very first week I wasn't even able to finish my 1st day exercise and got really tired on the couple of other days, I figured my body just wasn't up to par to do the program as it's meant to be done.

And I didn't want to start counting the days and weeks when I wasn't doing it properly or was being forced to leave the work outs in between. So I figured I'll do it this way. Pretty much what I am doing is, trying to follow the program as much as I can, try to go everyday and do the routines on their corresponding days. I just don't bother with the writing down stuff and any of that. The day I am able to do the routines properly, i.e. without having to leave in between and finish them all the way, I am gonna start the actual counting of days and weeks from then on. Technically this is the 3rd week or something (although haven't done 6 days in a row so far) but I am not counting days at all.

So when I feel I am sort of ready to do all the exercises as they come and stuff (a tleast be able to see them all the way through, without quitting), I'll start that as my Day 1 and then so on....In the meantime I've been adhering to the diet as much as I can as well.a

cdnsir
06-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah do as much as you can handle, no need to rush and end up getting hurt. Those guys on the video are all in way better shape than us, or for me at least. There's no shame in not being about to keep up.

Interesting, so how's the diet part going, see any huge drops in weight? I got a feeling you'll actually lose more through the diet, rather than the through exercises.

shakalaka
06-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Actually I have, when I started it I was at 213.8 lbs. After maybe 2 weeks of some exercising and following the diet (usually able to do it for 5-6 days out of the week) I was at 208.6lbs. Then I didn't go to the gym for like 3 days and yesterday my weight was just under 211lbs.

Even following the diet, although I fall in their Level 3 category I am not eating as much quantity as they say cause that's just WAY too much for me. So I just eat what I can and eat it in my own quantities. The problem though is that I am not really interested in losing weight, I am by no means overweight and the reason I started doing this is cause I want more muscle. Yes I want to reduce my body fat content but not muscle. My ultimate goal is to be around 210-215lbs with under 10% body fat. So I am actually kinda hoping that I just don't end up losing weight through this program and not gain any actual muscle/get rid of fat content. I by no means want to be 'smaller' you know. I had been bulking for past 3 or so months, don't want to go back to that weight and have no muscle either, would be sort of like going back to point 0.

shakalaka
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
So a question for those who do this at home. My gym membership is about to run out and I don't really want to pay up $700 something for it again, if all I am gonna be doing is the p90 stuff for a while.

I plan to stick to p90 for a few months at least, so I figure I might as well start doing at home. The only things I figure I need is that chin-up bar and couple of different weight dumbells. Where did you guys purchase your chin-up bar from? I was thinking of getting it online from the beachbody website, but wondering if there's anywhere locally I can do that? Is it actually practical and usable?

Same thing with weights, where can I get some decent one's from locally or is ordering online the only way to go? I am assuming I only need a couple sets, one for the arm day which for me is usually heavier than the one's used on legs day or shoulders day or something.

Clever
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
89coupe posted a really good pull up bar a few pages back, my dumbbells and pull up bar are from Sportscheck and Canadian Tire, bought the first ones I saw, I wish I looked around more. Try to grab a few sets/different weights, I started with 15-20's, after 2 weeks I needed 25-30's. Some exercises your going to need lighter ones, like pour flys and weighted circles, 10-15 lbs, for those, unless you are pretty jacked, then go hard:nut:

here's the chin up bar that 89coupe posted:
http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-609-c--premium-chin-up-bar.html

I say get that one.

shakalaka
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Yea that chin up bar looks pretty similar to the p90 one they have on beach body. I wonder if it's easy enough to fit on the door.

I will be getting a few different weights actually. I pretty much already know how heavy are going to be, since I've already done it in the gym and noticed how much I was able to use. For arms day I'd probably get about 40lbs. And then 25lbs for the other days I need to use the dumbells. So perhaps one set for 40 and another for 25 should be a good starting point.

So am I able to get the freeweights at sportchek then?

Clever
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
That's where I got the pull up bar and 10-15lbs and my heavier dumbbells are from Canadian Tire, 20, 25, 30lbs. they are just the metal ones. If you can do pour flys with more than 15's, you probably need to be doing the P90x Doubles program.