PDA

View Full Version : "F1 Live" website

urban.one
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Looks like ESPN has taken over this website...

www.f1-live.com

Welcome to ESPNF1
Claire Furnell December 10, 2009
© Sutton Images Welcome to the new ESPNF1 site. As you can see there are lots of changes to the original Racing-Live and F1-Live sites but rest assured we haven't reinvented the wheel. In Formula One, which changes quickly, we felt it was time to update your favourite site in order to give you something new while still retaining the elements you know and love.

News will remain at the heart of what we do, although you will see that it is now easier to find and more relevant, and will be enhanced by comment and opinion from some of the sport's biggest names.

Features are an important new part of the new-look site, and some popular areas of other ESPN sites - such as On This Day and Ask Steven - will be joined by new ones looking at all aspects of the sport.

Our columnists include Sir Stirling Moss, one of the greatest drivers of all time and someone with a unique view of the world of Formula One. You may not always agree with what he has to say, but he will not stop short of saying it. "Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt" he says in his first offering - it's a perfect example of what to expect.

We have also joined forces with Sutton Images, the best independent motorsport picture agency in the world. Their wonderful photos will reach you within minutes of being taken. We will also be running a regular column from photographer Mark Sutton who, after every race, will bring you the highlights of his F1 "Life Through A Lens".

In the coming weeks and months we will be unveiling even more new areas and features including Statsguru, the statistic-based engine which has won so many plaudits on Cricinfo and Scrum. This will allow you to search every driver, every team and every race since 1950.

I am confident ESPNF1 will be a welcome addition to the F1 scene and look forward to your feedback and comments about the new site.

Claire Furnell is the senior editor of ESPNF1

buh_buh
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
:thumbsdow to ESPN
F1 live was a good source of info. Hopefully they don't ruin it.

A2VR6
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Ah well, I use itv for alot of my F1 news but yea, hopefully F1 live stays more or less useful.

Trini
12-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds promising hopefully they don't muck things up

Team_Mclaren
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
ESPN bought them out a long time ago iirc, this is just the new layout

I am pissed that they no longer have a mobile site tho, it was nice, simple and easy to read

cloud7
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
they seem to have fewer news stories after their site got facelifted.

urban.one
12-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I remember years ago when the site used to have all their high res pics available free without subscription.