PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Question

flipstah
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi there!

My cousin in the Philippines wants the new BB Bold and I want to get it for him for Christmas.

I was just wondering about some things here:

On the Rogers website, the day-to-day price is $549.99. Does that mean I can purchase that Bold for that price, without re-signing a contract?

Also, is there a cheaper place to buy an unused Bold 9700 besides the Marketplace?

Finally, will there be problems with BIS and BBM if I get it unlocked and he uses it there in the Philippines?

Thanks and hope you can help!

spike98
12-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Whats the carrier the will be with. If it is the right freq then you he will be a-ok.

As for the phone you are looking at $599.99 plus tax if picked up from the rogers website. Mine came to $629 delivered to my door.

If you get one from a tbooth or the like expect an extra $50 added. They are intependantly owned and can charge all they want.

BTW i have one for sale for $550 firm unlocked!

flipstah
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Whats the carrier the will be with. If it is the right freq then you he will be a-ok.

As for the phone you are looking at $599.99 plus tax if picked up from the rogers website. Mine came to $629 delivered to my door.

If you get one from a tbooth or the like expect an extra $50 added. They are intependantly owned and can charge all they want.

BTW i have one for sale for $550 firm unlocked!

The carrier will be either SMART or Globe, which handles 900/1800/1900 spectrum so I think it'll be okay.

I was planning to chat with Rogers Plus but PM'd.