PDA

View Full Version : snow removal in wisconsin results in fatality...

JfuckinC
12-14-2009, 11:03 PM
http://www.break.com/index/the-great-wisconsin-snowmen-massacre.html

:(

97'Scort
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Funny, but what a bunch of assholes.

kertejud2
12-14-2009, 11:20 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TL1Ca9u02LQ/SadB1MFsfOI/AAAAAAAAC58/nT8axca5cpw/calvin_hobbes_snowmen2.jpg

97'Scort
12-14-2009, 11:22 PM
^ I didn't even know that there was a colour version of that comic! My book has it in black and white.

JfuckinC
12-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Funny, but what a bunch of assholes.

i totally agree, throwing snowballs at the plows is just retarded. i woulda backed up and ran the snowmen over again :rofl:

FraserB
12-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Funny how they all run away when the plows stop.

kertejud2
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
^ I didn't even know that there was a colour version of that comic! My book has it in black and white.

I don't think they started printing the Sunday's in colour in the books until later.

Gainsbarre
12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

I don't think they started printing the Sunday's in colour in the books until later.

It's a Sunday strip, so it was originally printed in colour. But you're right...the early books were in black and white, with the exception for "The Lazy Sunday Book", which had all of the Sunday strips in colour.

When Bill Watterson began formatting his Sunday comic strips so that they could no longer be rearranged to fit in a normal portrait orientation (around 1992-1993) the later Calvin and Hobbes books were published in this less conventional large landscape orientation rectangular format (such as "The Days are Just Packed", along with "Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat"). Along with the new book format the Sunday strips were published in colour then.

This particular strip is likely not from the last few years of the comic (i.e. not from 1994-1995), as it can be easily rearranged to fit a portrait orientation (if you numbered the boxes going from left to right/ top to bottom, they could be arranged in four rows as follows 1/2,3,4/5,6,7/8).

Such fond childhood memories of religiously reading the strip every day in the Calgary Herald (except for Sundays, as the Herald would always publish the Sunday colour cartoons on Saturday, along with the daily black and white one)...just had to reminisce for a bit :D

On a more serious note, (actual) people have been killed in several separate incidents recently from being hit by snowploughs in Quebec.

Tik-Tok
12-15-2009, 09:45 AM
^^^ Another hardcore C&H fan I see :D

My wife got me the complete collection in hardcover the other year for Christmas. I always bust them out around this time of season and reread it all

Why the hell would those people make snowmen in the middle of the road? They all boo, but if the plows didn't do their street they'd complain to the city the next day :rofl:

nonlinear
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM
now THAT'S a real fucking snow plow.

almerick
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I dropped the hardcover collection on my toe, was not happy.

Too bad Calgary is the complete opposite.

kertejud2
12-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
^^^ Another hardcore C&H fan I see :D

My wife got me the complete collection in hardcover the other year for Christmas. I always bust them out around this time of season and reread it all

I got that as well, but it really only acts as a safe storage archive because I don't really want to open them and expose them to the impurities in the air or on my hands, so I stick to the books I have (I had the entire collection anyway, including most of the 'collection' books, but needed that glossy paged, hardcover set to truly make my collection complete).

They don't make 'em like C&H anymore, that's for sure.

banned3x
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
the sad thing is someone could of died if those plows ran someone over thats really stupid standing in front of thoses trucks. they were really lucky to not get hit.

GoChris
12-15-2009, 01:46 PM
meh, not that funny either. what a bunch of morons.

jonnycat
12-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Wierd, I was just telling a Calvin and Hobbes story 5 minutes ago on break.

This one
http://schwicky.net/calvin/images/snowball_in_june.jpg

I also own every big book format put out. Every Christmas I got them for a few years. Gotta dust them off, it's been so long.

I'm always on the look out for a good Hobbes plush toy for my kid (he looks like calvin) in the mean time I bought him a snow leopard. lol