PDA

View Full Version : Reset Tire Monitoring

cooperS
12-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi guys,

I got a 03 Escalade ESV and i just went to get my tires rebalance.
my "service tire monitoring" light have been on since.

Does any of the beyonders might know how to reset the light rather than going to the dealership?

Thanks in advance!

Kloubek
12-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't know about that truck, but on my Sequoia there is a button right under the steering column which resets the system.

civic_EK
12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
if your tpm light is on, you should go back to the place where you got your tires serviced and ask them to relearn your sensors( incase they rotated your tires when they balanced it) or double check your pressures and make sure they match to your vehicle specs

im2fst4u
12-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Does the 03 have a DIC (driver information center) in the instrument panel?
I have a 08 Denali XL and to reset mine as well as monitor them I use the DIC and reset or view the system status.

Found this as well on a quick Google search:

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Apply the parking brake.
Turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds.
A double horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash indicating the TPM learn mode has been enabled.
Caution: Over inflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels.
When increasing tire pressure do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.
I WOULD USE THE DEFLATING METHOD INSTEAD SEEING ITS QUICKER

Important: If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors,
turn the ignition OFF to exit the learn mode and repeat the procedure from step 1.

Starting with the left front tire, increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds,
or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached,
or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:
5.1. Right front

5.2. Right rear

5.3. Left rear

After all sensors have been learned,
exit the learn mode by turning OFF the ignition.
After the learn mode has been exited,
adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi. Refer to Vehicle Certification Label

Hope this info helps

cooperS
12-16-2009, 09:40 AM
thanks guys! Its all reset and good to go now

Zhariak
12-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by cooperS
Hi guys,

I got a 03 Escalade ESV and i just went to get my tires rebalance.
my "service tire monitoring" light have been on since.

Does any of the beyonders might know how to reset the light rather than going to the dealership?

Thanks in advance!

Mmmm, the older style ESV's are sooo effin gangster! love em!