PDA

View Full Version : Racing slicks and winter driving

LOLzilla
12-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey all,

User masoncgy has convinced me that there is no benefits to winter tires so lets not even get into that debate. :thumbsup: Thanks for saving me the money dude!

The all seasons on my X3 are down to the belts and I really don't feel like buying new tires just now so I'm looking at taking the M/T's off of my 240 and using them. Has anybody ever attempted this? :dunno: My driving skills are superior to most people in Calgary and I have racing brake pads, should I be worried?

Thanks
TTYL;
LOLZilla

cr-xbrian
12-16-2009, 11:07 AM
your just joking right?

beyond_ban
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by cr-xbrian
your just joking right?

NO, HE IS TOTALLY SRS.

LOLzilla
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Serious! Is there anything in the by-laws that I could get in trouble with?

Thanks
TTYL;
LOLZilla

gretz
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
lol - my RE11 summers required 3 people to push / hold me straight on packed snow to get my car to the garage. Not to mention the clutch could not be let all the way out and the grade of the road was where my rear end went...

It is now stuck on my concrete pad in 2" of snow lol...

but...you should be fine with the M/Ts, they are a softer compound

:thumbsup:

LOLzilla
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by gretz

but...you should be fine with the M/Ts, they are a softer compound

Do you think chains would help too? Would is damage the rubber? :dunno:

Thanks
TTYL;
LOLZilla

pf0sh0
12-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Most likely dmg the road..

CUG
12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Fuck, you suck at driving. I run Goodyears on all 4 corners. 32.0'' x 14.0'' - 15''

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/400/478/478-D1984.jpg

My skills far exceed any of the normal peons I see throughout town.

I have AWD so I need the grip too.

Kg810
12-16-2009, 11:29 AM
LMAO... nice thread hahahahah

But masoncgy convinced me that since anything developed in today's technology is worthless because people lived without them before. So fuck clothes and fuck shoes... I'm going naked and shoeless from now on cause people lived without these things before!!!

Jay911
12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by LOLzilla
Hey all,

User masoncgy has convinced me that there is no benefits to winter tires so lets not even get into that debate. :thumbsup: Thanks for saving me the money dude!

The all seasons on my X3 are down to the belts and I really don't feel like buying new tires just now so I'm looking at taking the M/T's off of my 240 and using them. Has anybody ever attempted this? :dunno: My driving skills are superior to most people in Calgary and I have racing brake pads, should I be worried?

Thanks
TTYL;
LOLZilla

Oh, wow.

Please let us know where in Calgary and area you drive. I want to avoid that area.

... to not hinder you with my 'inferior' driving skills... yeah.. that's it...

Xtrema
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Jay911

Oh, wow.

Please let us know where in Calgary and area you drive. I want to avoid that area.

:rofl: :facepalm:

heavyD
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM

Oh, wow.

This is the one and only response that is required for this thread.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

scat19
12-16-2009, 02:03 PM
^ No, it's stop feeding the trolls

LOLzilla
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM

Oh, wow.

You can find me in pumphill :dunno:

Thanks
TTYL;
LOLzilla

liquidboi69
12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Is this the same troll that pwned 89coupe? Luls in this thread @ broken sarcasm detectors.

luxor
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I returned my winter tires this morning and drove home with my rubber-less rims, no sparks until I hit dry pavement, grip was superior on ice since the ridges dug right down into the ice and snow sheets. Not fun on pavement though.

Thanks masoncgy, saved me like grand today and now I can be a cheap fuck just like you. Better yet, this will give me winter driving experience and polish my already superior driving skills and be that much more ready for the next snow storm.

masoncgy
12-17-2009, 11:49 AM
You're all welcome! :D

broken_legs
12-17-2009, 03:40 PM
:clap: