PDA

View Full Version : Physics Questions help.

mina_03
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey guys,

I know you guys are probably all studying of exams right now but my friend is in a dire situation. Her brother passed away last week and she has a physics assignment she has to do, the dean won't let her defer it any longer than friday. So if anyone can help on the questions on the 4 remaining questions it would be greatly appreciated.

8. A charge of –4.00 μC is fixed in place. From a horizontal distance of 55.0 cm, a particle of mass 2.50 × 10–3 kg and charge –3.00 μC is fired with an initial speed of 15.0 m/s directly toward the fixed charge. How far does the particle travel before it stops and begins to return back?

13. A galvanometer of coil resistance 50.0Ω deflects full scale for a current of 3.50 mA. What series resistance should be used with this galvanometer to construct a voltmeter which deflects full scale for 35.0 V?

14.When connected in series to a 110-V line, two resistors use one-fourth the power that is used when they are connected in parallel. If one resistor is 2.0 kΩ, what is the resistance of the other?

16. A 9.0μF and 4.0μF capacitors are connected in parallel,and this combination is connected in series with a 12.0 μF capacitor.
b.If 32 V is applied across the whole network, calculate the voltage across each capacitor.

Disoblige
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Tell her to paste those exact words (may not use the same numbers) into google search and you might find answers quicker! The reason I know is because I just tried, and these questions look like they get recycled each year but replaced with different numbers. So give it a try.

For example, I pasted "two resistors use one-fourth the power that is used when they are connected in parallel" into Google, and came up with:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090925092928AAd2nk7

And another example:

I searched "What series resistance should be used with this galvanometer to construct a"

and got this:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=131117

Just remember to put quotations in google searches so it searches for that exact phrase and don't put any numerical values in it. A lot of the times, the Yahoo ones help.

Hope this helps man! :thumbsup:

mina_03
12-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks Disoblige, that was actually really helpful. Your help was greatly appreciated. :)

97'Scort
12-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Also, check out cramster.com to see if the text is on there.