PDA

View Full Version : Ed's Chicken wing's

cancer man
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
We were the only ones in there tonite and i can see why..
The wings were still frozen inside we sent them back twice and then they were like shoe leather.

DIdn't charge us for the wings but dinged us for the 2 beers.
We ate maybe 4...Never Again
The waitress was nice and i can't believe we even left a tip.
Not her fault.

mowglee
12-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Did they just open? I've never heard of it.

Disoblige
12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I think he means the Ed's on 17th?

Ed's Restaurant
www.edsrestaurant.com

202 17 Avenue Southeast
Calgary, AB T2G1H4
(403) 262-3500

I'm surprised because its the kind of wings you buy by the pound, and not per wing.

FiveFreshFish
12-17-2009, 12:53 AM
They've been around for over 20 years I believe. They used to have great wings.

Mixalot27
12-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Yeah they've been around for many, many years. I have only been there once and it was for my 13th or 14th birthday. We ordered the hottest wings they had, like triple suicide or something. Its been many years so I can't quite remember the quality of the wings or too much about it. I do remember that I blew my nose with the same napkin that I had used earlier to wipe my mouth. Some of the hotsauce got inside my nose and I was in extreme pain for a few hours afterwards.

2002civic
12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I've been there a few times and loved it everytime :dunno:

Royle9
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I went there about a month ago before a hockey game :goflames: , before then it was about 2 years ago when I first went. Place has changed dramatically, the wings are nothing what they used to be, in fact.. it would appear they get the wings from the smallest chickens available,.. possibly pigeons. I ordered 2 dozen split with my father and ordered a salad (which was good).

Not worth the money at all, they are super friendly, and always busy but I really don't know how people can enjoy them considering how much you pay for what you get.

Just my 2 cents :dunno:

cancer man
12-17-2009, 11:33 AM
What upsets me is that place was really good and i'am going to give it one more time.
Everybody has a bad day.
But your right about the size of the wings and legs.

cancer man
12-18-2009, 05:05 AM
I went last night before the game and never again.
Frozen on the inside...............and it took 45 minutes to get
a beer.
Anybody else go there last night?
I know a few of you used my parking lot and just wondering
where you went to munch.

johnr
12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Ed's has gone so far downhill that I am not sure I would ever go back.

I used to go to Ed's before hockey games from 1997 - 2006, enjoying suicide wings and pints of beer.

I stopped going to games unfortunately, but returned to the Dome and to Eds last May, and it was disgusting... Very disappointing. Poor ingredients, presentation, and service.

If anyone wants a refreshing pre game meal, head over to the Lion's Den. Great home cooked food.

/no affiliation, just saw this thread regarding Ed's... I still have a bad taste in my mouth... no pun intended.