PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Vote Stuffing assistance! Help out some Rollergirls!

reiRei
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I hate these threads as much as others, but my Roller Derby team needs some vote assistance.. now here's the difference between me, and the other vote stuffer requests..

I'm posting this for myself, click the link... look at the cute rollergirl in the geeky christmas sweater, you only have to do this once.

I am a long time beyond member.. I didn't just join to post this thread :D

We (the Okanagan Peach tarts) would love for your vote to win some money to get a new practice venue, so that we may practice to beat the crap out of all other roller girls abound!

Here's the link:
http://12christmassweaters.com/index.php?section=julie

and here's the link to some info about the Okanagan Peach Tarts:

http://okrd.ca/

Thanks guys! Much love ;)

cet
12-17-2009, 01:50 PM
voted

van
12-17-2009, 01:56 PM
voted

beyond_ban
12-17-2009, 01:58 PM
voted. is that you in the pic?

A790
12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
voted :)

urban.one
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Whats that all about? Many of the other entrants are charities. How did a roller derby team end up in that?

reiRei
12-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
voted. is that you in the pic?

nope, not me.. that's one of our girls Optimus Prim

Originally posted by urban.one
Whats that all about? Many of the other entrants are charities. How did a roller derby team end up in that?

Our Roller Derby team is a non-profit organization, we're run by the skaters for the skaters, so we have no sponsorships or other money coming in other than what's paid for by the skaters (usually the bare minimum for rental space) and any donations that are made to us

Thanks for the votes guys, and even if you don't vote for us, thanks for supporting a good cause

JfuckinC
12-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by urban.one

haha yah not to be a haterrrrrrrr but..?

I cant stress enough how im not trying to be rude here, but a non-profit team compared to BCSPCA? i dunno. I'm not trying to down play your roller derby team, that's cool. That's just the weirdest group of contest participants :nut:

Ntense_SpecV
12-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Voted.

TimeAttack
12-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I have to see pics of the entire team before I can vote.

Tik-Tok
12-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

I cant stress enough how im not trying to be rude here, but a non-profit team compared to BCSPCA? i dunno. I'm not trying to down play your roller derby team, that's cool. That's just the weirdest group of contest participants :nut:

Yeah, sorry, but I kinda agree. You want other people to pay for your hobby, when you're up against charities. Good luck to you, and I'm not going to vote AGAINST you, but seems a little mehhhhhhh

reiRei
12-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

haha, I know.. it's a little odd, but we're doing anything we can to get a better practice space for the team

.. as far as pictures of the rest of the team, we don't have any quite yet.. we're still very much getting started

dexlargo
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
So it's a contest to determine which not-for-profit receives a $1,000.00 donation (seems like a lot of work for such a small donation). The organizations in the running include:

Braintrust - a group that supports individuals with brain injuries
Rotaplast - a group that provides plastic and reconstructive surgery for children with cleft palates
The Elizabeth Frye Society - an organization that assists women and children to escape from domestic violence

and others.

The runaway leaders? #1 - Okanagan roller derby, and #2 - Ballet Kelowna. It seems to me that these two organizations help themselves mostly, while the others actually do things for the disadvantaged.

I'm not voting for you. Too bad you'll probably win anyway.

scat19
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by dexlargo
So it's a contest to determine which not-for-profit receives a $1,000.00 donation (seems like a lot of work for such a small donation). The organizations in the running include:

Braintrust - a group that supports individuals with brain injuries
Rotaplast - a group that provides plastic and reconstructive surgery for children with cleft palates
The Elizabeth Frye Society - an organization that assists women and children to escape from domestic violence

and others.

The runaway leaders? #1 - Okanagan roller derby, and #2 - Ballet Kelowna. It seems to me that these two organizations help themselves mostly, while the others actually do things for the disadvantaged.

I'm not voting for you. Too bad you'll probably win anyway.

You've made me feel bad for my voting choice.

I will fix this by voting another team twice to negate my original vote.

bulaian
12-17-2009, 04:04 PM
i voted for braintrust

QuasarCav
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Not sure what a roller derby is doing with other not for profits.

Voted for BCSPCA.

cet
12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by scat19

You've made me feel bad for my voting choice.

I will fix this by voting another team twice to negate my original vote.

Me as well

89s1
12-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
i voted for braintrust

X2.

Sorry lady.

adidas
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I voted for you still...571!

97'Scort
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
If you look at it, it's going to be between the ballet or the rollerderby. Frankly, if it comes down to those two, I'd prefer the derby girls win.

The_Rural_Juror
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
What a dumb contest. Go Braintrust.

brucebanner
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
If you look at it, it's going to be between the ballet or the rollerderby. Frankly, if it comes down to those two, I'd prefer the derby girls win.

x2
Voted for the derby team.

FraserB
12-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I scrolled through all of them to make sure I was voting for the hotest charity. Won't be long now until these online contests ban linkbacks from beyond.ca:nut:

7thgenvic
12-17-2009, 05:47 PM
sorry i voted for a different charity! :(

futurecivic
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
voted for you

Kavy
12-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I feel terrible that a great charity that helps children is going to lose to a roller derby team.

I personally could not sleep at night if my hockey team took $1000 from a charity like brain trust.

ExtraSlow
12-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Post Photos of the team, or of the members of the team. Don't worry if you don't have some fancy photo of you all in your uniforms or anything. something more candid would work too.

My vote can be bought, and surprisingly cheaply. . .

se7en
12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
geez, some of you guys are nasty....I voted for the ROLLER GIRLS!!!

stevelou
12-18-2009, 11:07 PM
voted

reiRei
12-18-2009, 11:08 PM
thanks for the votes gents....

Stealth13
12-19-2009, 12:27 PM
voted :burnout:

Tik-Tok
01-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Wow, Ballet beat you out by 2 votes, and left all the decent actual charities in the dust. Kind of sad.

TimeAttack
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
beyowned