PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to sell a damaged Lexus RX300 car?

mdude
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Hello Guys,

Need some assistance.

A Lexus 2003 Rx300 was involved in a crash and the front bumper and driver side light is cracked. There are probably some damage within the car as it was in a T-Bone accident.

The estimate would cost about 15K to fix....so was just checking to see where is a best place to sell it and get a bit more cash than selling it to a junk yard...since insurance probably won't pony up for that...

Thanks for your help.

JRSC00LUDE
12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Why wouldn't insurance pay? Do you not have collision or were you drunk?

That doesn't make any sense.

Sharpie
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
how much do you want for it?

Xtrema
12-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Let me guess, you T boned somebody, was at fault and have no comprehensive coverage on a 2003 Lexus?

anothers10
12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
I will start the bidding at $500

GQBalla
12-18-2009, 09:11 AM

but hows the thread life on the tires?

part out rims and tires?

mdude
12-18-2009, 07:15 PM
No, I don't believe I was at fault. I guess the court will decide. The insurance is still figuring it out.

No, I was not drunk. I just want to explore my options hoping for some advice to where to sell it but I guess not.

Tik-Tok
12-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mdude
Hello Guys,

The estimate would cost about 15K to fix....so was just checking to see where is a best place to sell it and get a bit more cash than selling it to a junk yard...since insurance probably won't pony up for that...

Insurance won't pay for it to be repaired, but they will write it off.

When they call you and tell you how much you're getting, ARGUE WITH THEM! They are responsible to give you REPLACEMENT value for the vehicle, but will try to low ball you worse than a Beyond member.

Xtrema
12-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mdude
No, I don't believe I was at fault. I guess the court will decide. The insurance is still figuring it out.

No, I was not drunk. I just want to explore my options hoping for some advice to where to sell it but I guess not.

T bone is usually pretty black and white. Why is there an argument? Is it in a parking lot?

Where the $15K quote come from? If that's the repair cost, it's most likely write off.

black13
12-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

T bone is usually pretty black and white. Why is there an argument? Is it in a parking lot?

maybe they both ran red lights. I always wondered who would be at fault if that happened.