PDA

View Full Version : Help With Workout!

Stephen81
12-18-2009, 02:26 AM
An '03 looking for some help! I read a lot in here but don't post too much.

Been working out at least 3x week for the past several months. Definitely seen gains in strength and some in size. I'm 6'5 and 205lbs up from 195 six months ago. Yeah, definitely a tall, skinny guy haha.

I know I need to lift heavy and EAT but I need some additional advice:

My workout equipment is a set of Powerblocks (5-50lbs) a Flat/Incline/Decline bench and some assorted kettlebells.

I do a variety of exercises but I have NO idea the most effective way to structure them.

Currently do:

Shoulder presses
Shrugs
Hammer Curls
Dips
Skullcrushers
DB Rows
Push-ups
DB press

Squats w/DBs
Lunges w/DBs
Calf raises

Situps (various kinds)

I'm pretty good about not overworking the same muscle group or too frequently but beyond that I really have no organized plan when I lift. I try to lift as heavy as possible while watching my form.

Anyways, I'm not trying to get huge but I think I can get better gains by (eating as much as I can) and making the most effective use of my lifts/time spent lifting.

Thanks in advance if anyone can suggest some type of organized way to incorporate the activities I listed into 2-4 solid workouts per week.

...Sorry, as for cardio, I had been running about 10k per week but recently haven't because of Finals @ school and I really hate this weather.

Thanks!
:thumbsup:

A790
12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Barbell squats, dead lifts, chin ups/pull ups, flat bench. Incorporate those three into the routines. Lose the push ups and skull crushers.

I break my workout into a split: shoulders/chest, arms/core, legs/back. Exercises for each group include:

Shoulders:
+ Military press
+ DB press

Chest:
+ Flat, incline, decline bench.
+ DB bench

Arms:
+ Chin ups (excellent bicep workout)
+ Bench press (hits triceps)
+ Dips

Core:
+ Weighted situps
+ Oblique crunch
+ Hanging leg raise

Legs:
+ Squat
+ Lunge

Back:
+ Pull ups
+ Bent rows
+ Dead lift

Given that you don't have the same setup as a gym (GET TO A GYM), incorporate variations into your routine. I'm not confident that 50lbs is enough though.

4bier
12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
get the add ons to your powerblocks ,should bring them up to 85
do not get the 125 way to akward