PDA

View Full Version : WTB: HP DV2Z-1199us Ultraportable notebook

helrazr
12-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi all;

Apparently HP has dropped the DV2 line of 12 inch laptops in light of the recently released DM3 13.3 inch units. To add insult to injury, Ordering from the Canadian HP website is a huge letdown in consideration of the fully customizable US website, which sadly, will not ship to Canuckada from the US site either. Oh and one other thing that is absolutely maddening is that any consumer HP notebook product you can get in Canada all their model designations end with a 'ca'. These models have a horribly bastardized bi-lingual keyboard that I simply cannot use. Thus even if BestBuy/Circuit City etc., did sell the configurations I want (they do not) I wouldn't buy one based upon that nasty keyboard.

Having said that I am wondering if anyone can help me source an HP DV2.

The model I need is dv2-1199us and is the only model I can see that comes equipped with:

-Turion Neo x2
-ATI HD 3410 graphics

I don't need the external DVD player, and either of the available colors Black or white are fine.

I would also consider the DM3 model, but once again the only ones in Canada do not have the configuration I need. The model I would love to see in Canada but cannot is the DM3 with the Turion Neo X2 cpu and ATI Radeon 4330 graphics.

If anyone knows a reseller that would ship these models to Canada I would be eternally greatful!

WhippWhapp
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM
The ASUS low voltage ultra portables aren't a viable alternative?

They ship with a US k/b...

helrazr
12-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
The ASUS low voltage ultra portables aren't a viable alternative?

They ship with a US k/b...

I would be open to an intel culv solution for sure, but it's not battery power per se that I am after. there are only a handful of ultra portables that have discrete graphics. Everything else ships with Intel 4500 IGP's. I'm not really after longevity of battery but some WoW and a some video encoding in a 12 inch form factor. Nothing too serious but defintely not something the intel IGP's will do for me in a satisfying way.

WhippWhapp
12-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Hp mini 311 @ staples for $380ish then.

helrazr
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
Hp mini 311 @ staples for $380ish then.

I'm wanting an ultraportable though not a netbook, thanks nevertheless.

scary_perry
12-18-2009, 09:39 PM
nvm