PDA

View Full Version : Autostart AS-1755 help

polypep
12-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello all

I have an Autostart AS-1755 that was installed just over a year ago. It worked perfectly fine until few weeks ago. Now if I want to start my vehicle, pressing the start button will make the car's parking lights flash 3 times and when I press it again, the lights flash once. This routine continues while pressing the start button. I went through the manual that came with the starter and this is an indication of car entering cold weather mode which only activates when start button is pressed for 3 seconds. ( I am only pressing the button once for a second).

I tried using other basic features of the starter, like enabling and disable the valet mode and the idle convenience feature. Those features work fine. Sometimes I can lock and unlock the car but that does not work every time.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that on some mornings the car will start fine but other mornings it will only flash as mentioned above. When I manually start the car and drive it around for a few minutes, the remote starter will start working fine.

I have switched between transmitters and checked the batteries in the transmitters (all batteries are at 2.96V) - have not replaced batteries though. called autostart help line and first of all the wait times are insanely long (over 2 hrs). Once I got through and was advised to replace batteries and call back. I can not take the car back to the installer as I have moved to a different city since then.

Any help will be appreciated.

Strugari
12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Disconnect the unit, wait about a minute and reconnect.

I have has a few of these units "freak out" and unplugging them resets the module.

polypep
12-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Do you want me to unplug the battery first before I unplug power to the starter unit?

EDIT:

Ok, I have looked and can not find the module, may be its hidden somewhere I can not see. As an alternative, can I not unplug and replug the fuses that are connected to the ignition switch (30A fuses). Unplugging the fuses will cut power to the unit and plugging them back will reconnect power.

Any thoughts ?

polypep
12-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Located the remote starter module. It was hidden in a very tight spot. Anyway, unplugged connectors and replugged after 2 or more minutes. Lets see if it works well for the next few days.

EDIT:

Thanks Strugari, the starter is working just fine now. Thanks for the tip.