PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post Sunday delivery??!?

frozenrice
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Since when did they do this? Our doorbell rang earlier today but noone could get to the door right away. By the time my wife was able to get to the front the person was gone. She saw somebody get in a car and drive off. She goes and checks the front door and finds a parcel sitting on the front step. I was surprised as I wasn't expecting it until tommorrow.

Supa Dexta
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
News to me. Maybe it was a neighbour dropping it off, if it got delivered to their house last week?

G-Suede
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I had one Saturday morning, and another this morning. They ramp up service quite a bit for the holiday season.

frozenrice
12-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I doubt it. According to Canada Post's site, it's not due to be delivered until tommorrow. :dunno:

AndyL
12-20-2009, 09:09 PM
No they're out delivering it right now... the christmas rush started last weekend so they're out pretty much 7 days a week now...

Oh... And I should say - it's voluntary (nobody's forced to come in); and the pay sucks this year.

Thaco
12-20-2009, 10:05 PM
yeah, they always ramp it up and do sundays near xmas.

jwslam
12-21-2009, 03:33 AM
if it was someone in a car and not a postal truck they're probably contracted employees
i believe they're just responsible for delivering the packages for the particular area they're assigned at a reasonable time rate
maybe there's something to do with those guaranteed delivery days but i'm not sure

JJLuke
12-21-2009, 03:53 AM
Same situation, I had something delivered on Saturday morning... whether it be contract people or regular staff, I must say I am pretty impressed that Canada Post is actually doing this.

JordanAndrew
12-21-2009, 04:42 AM
This sounds good because my blackberry is due to come sometime before Christmas. :D

malbadon
12-21-2009, 07:58 AM
yup my neighbour and me got parcels yesterday morning. I was shocked but there he was delivering parcels all down my street.

AndyL
12-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
if it was someone in a car and not a postal truck they're probably contracted employees
i believe they're just responsible for delivering the packages for the particular area they're assigned at a reasonable time rate
maybe there's something to do with those guaranteed delivery days but i'm not sure

There's 3 groups at canada post, the letter carriers (drive canada post trucks) RSMC's - who do the super mailboxes, and associated areas - in their own vehicles (different union agreement than the letter carriers). And yes - there are some contractors...

Like I said - they're getting paid really crappy for it this year (less than half of last years rate). But it saves them a monday from hell...

Supa Dexta
12-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Why are they getting paid less? And where does the money go then? It costs the same to ship stuff... :dunno:

AndyL
12-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't go there man :) It's a quazi governmental organization... And no doubt the unions are grieving it right now... :D I get to listen to the wife and her co-workers complaining about it enough :D