PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of clarity please

Nerdbot
12-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Alrighty, so I just picked up an '04 Spec V on Saturday and started to install the stereo taken out of my old car today.

The plan is to disconnect the stock sub from the stock amp, and remove that sub, and rewire my G2's into the car as the stock amp runs the rear speakers and sub and I wire up my own amp and RCA's. There should be no problem with the sub's removal. Today I decided I'd just install my DVD deck.

I bought a Metra wiring harness adapter and dash kit, and started to wire up the DVD deck.. the only thing I am confused on is there are no RCA's on the stock deck, yet the car came with a stock sub.

I'm probably over thinking this a tad, but with the stock wiring harness having an output to the sub somewhere, will the adapter screw anything up? (Knowing that the stock sub has been disconnected) I don't think running my own RCA's will be a problem, it's just I've never dealt with an aftermarket install dealing with a stock subwoofer haha. The whole install took not even 5 minutes to do, but I decided against the full sub and amp install until I know :P

Btw, I did not power up the stereo, just checked the fit and the ease of install. The stock one is already back in haha . Any help would be appreciated.

gretz
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
The stock amp is usually hooked up through a "high level/input" IIRC - which is using speaker wire signals for the amp (plus a ground).

Hook up your new deck and see if the factory sub + speakers still work. If they do, hook up your system - not too difficult:dunno:

core_upt
12-22-2009, 03:55 PM
the stock sub runs of a high level converter, there are no RCAs to the stock deck.
just wire normally and you'll be fine.
though, a lot of people on b15sentra.net tend to just unwire the sub completely, stating that the rear 6.5s throw better bass without the sub....
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26615

core_upt
12-22-2009, 04:02 PM
dp