PDA

View Full Version : Best windshield wipers for winter???

ekguy
12-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I got those silicon ones or whichever at C-Tire. The all edge ones.

But they seem to both be missing key points on my windows. What are you beyonders running for winter wipers???

dj_rice
12-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Nissan OEM

Sentry
12-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Any wiper will do a great job if you don't run them over ice and destroy the edge.

ekguy
12-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Sentry
Any wiper will do a great job if you don't run them over ice and destroy the edge.

im not...These wipers just seem to be really really crappy. Even this summer in rain (right after I got them) they still missed the same spots as now.

Just seeing if someone can recommend something where I won't be wasting my money.

nobb
12-22-2009, 08:27 PM
My rain-x blades are nearly 2 years old and still works great (Im very surprised). Of course with the traditional design, when ice gets on the blade, then it wont perform as good.

Ive also tried those one piece reflex blades from Canadian Tire and they were ruined after just one winter. Those blades seem over-hyped...didnt seem to perform or last longer than any standard blade. Only benefit I see is that it is easier to clean the ice off with the one piece design.

CRXguy
12-22-2009, 08:58 PM
The Michelin's I got from Costco lasted 2 full years. You can get them on sale every now and then. It was recently $9/each.

Sentry
12-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
im not...These wipers just seem to be really really crappy. Even this summer in rain (right after I got them) they still missed the same spots as now.
Just sayin. If they're run over ice they go to hell real quick.

DannyO
12-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I had the CT Reflex blades on my Prelude and they were awesome and are still on there and do a good job, got the same for my Subaru and they suck, threw them out the other day and tried out those Armor All blades from CT, and they are ok, but still pretty much suck, it amazes me that with the technology we have these days, nobody seems to be able to make a decent piece of rubber, I still get ice sticking on these new wipers, can't they come up with something that's guaranteed not to have ice stick to it, so as soon as it does one wipe, any ice sitting on the blade just falls off?

ekguy
12-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Just sayin. If they're run over ice they go to hell real quick.

I'm from New Brunswick I know how to clean off ice off my windshield and wipers hehe. Trust me on this. Just don't want to go spend another 20/30/40 or whatever on new wipers and have them be shitty like these reflex all blade ones I have.

dj_rice
12-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
I had the CT Reflex blades on my Prelude and they were awesome and are still on there and do a good job, got the same for my Subaru and they suck, threw them out the other day and tried out those Armor All blades from CT, and they are ok, but still pretty much suck, it amazes me that with the technology we have these days, nobody seems to be able to make a decent piece of rubber, I still get ice sticking on these new wipers, can't they come up with something that's guaranteed not to have ice stick to it, so as soon as it does one wipe, any ice sitting on the blade just falls off?

Heated blades from HeatFlexxxx

CivicDXR
12-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
The Michelin's I got from Costco lasted 2 full years. You can get them on sale every now and then. It was recently $9/each.

+1, got mine from Costco in March, they've been great since.

rockanrepublic
12-22-2009, 11:52 PM
i made a thread like this 2 months ago try using search.

most people recommended the michellins from costco i bought them and they worked great so far.

DannyO
12-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Thanks man, those look like they might do the trick, will have to get some for sure, you got any experience with them at all?

samo147
12-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

http://www.everblades.com/heatflexx/

$60 a set?
wonder how long they last

FiveFreshFish
12-23-2009, 01:43 AM
I bought wiper one inch shorter than the manufacturer's spec. This seems to put a bit more pressure on the glass resulting in fewer missed spots.

KandabashiDevil
12-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Besides OEM replacement, the best wiper blade money can buy comes from BOSCH.

Tunerworks sells them for almost every vehicle. :thumbsup:

CRXguy
12-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I bought wiper one inch shorter than the manufacturer's spec. This seems to put a bit more pressure on the glass resulting in fewer missed spots.

Never thought of that. Makes sense though. :thumbsup:

BigDL
12-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

Thanks man, those look like they might do the trick, will have to get some for sure, you got any experience with them at all?

This is why I like my heated windsheild on my 09 impreza.

CivicDXR
12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
^Until the windshield cracks, and it costs $800+. You saw mine. :banghead:

max_boost
12-24-2009, 10:34 PM
^^

Only $550 installed from Centaur and it's inevitable. All windshields will get cracked. :D

5000Audi
12-25-2009, 08:26 PM
i use the rain x winter blades.. the one with the rubber cover over the metal part... they best wipers ive had before..

*idea for some of you*

when you park your car over night or longer then an hour. lift your wipers blades off your windows.. so they up in the air.. thus no ice with form on them...

CivicDXR
12-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^

Only $550 installed from Centaur and it's inevitable. All windshields will get cracked. :D

I know the older heated windshields came down in price, but last I checked the 08+ is still highly priced.

max_boost
12-26-2009, 12:52 AM
^^

Where did you call? That was the price installed, tax in for 09 WRX from Centaur. I called to ask because I sold mine and was going to replace it for the new owner. I miss my 09WRX, might buy another one very soon if I can sell my06.