PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Telus on new network

msommers
12-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Ever since I got my new BB phone, it's had nothing but problems. I think it largely had to do with the network being new and all, which I anticipated. I finally called again after having a ticket open for quite some time with no response, being not so nice this time, because both BBM and internet access are down. They then explained to me that this was a RIM issue. Fine what about the call quality problems everyone has been having? Apparently they changed the parts and should be working fine now.

It seems like everything is A-OK, right up to the point where I ask, what is to be done about the last ~two months of my phone being only half usable, but me still paying full for it? After being on the phone for quite some time with a guy who basically said there is nothing he could do (example: adding a feature I can pay for, but can't get added for free:rofl: ). So I said fuck this, I was literally about to buy-out my contract. I told them WIND was compensating their customers with technical issues and that I was pretty much going to go there. Well one talk with L&R and the next two months are on their tab.

So, all in all, I'm happy with the outcome provided the technical issues are sorted out. It's pretty pathetic it took genuine threats of cancelling my contract for them to take me seriously. Lets hope things are better in the new year.

Vagabond142
12-22-2009, 09:56 PM
It's Telus... they've always been like that o_O My dad can't get reception half the time, Telus just shrugs and says "not our problem" <.<

msommers
12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Voice problems were nonexistent with my old phone, neither was reception for 95% of the places I called from. It's the new network for sure and they know that.

It was more-or-less a rant but also a way to get compensated for those with Telus having issues.

Vagabond142
12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I was speaking more to the frustration that my dad encounters calling their customer "service" line.

ercchry
12-22-2009, 10:44 PM
yeah these voice issues are annoying! but with the new network i seem to get my texts on time... which is nice