PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star vs Hyatt buying experience

Waldi
12-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I am planning to do testing of C-class and given that I might end up buying one, wanted to get you experience and opinions on which dealership I should approach.
Thanks
:confused:

Sorath
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
not too sure about mercedes. but i know the hyatt infiniti and mitubishi are a bitch to deal with.

heard good things about lone star, if you're there i have an ex co worker who's a good guy, his name is dale but i believe he`s a business manager not sure how much he can help you.

jjmac
12-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
not too sure about mercedes. but i know the hyatt infiniti and mitubishi are a bitch to deal with.

heard good things about lone star, if you're there i have an ex co worker who's a good guy, his name is dale but i believe he`s a business manager not sure how much he can help you.

When I bought my G, Hyatt Infiniti was great....buuuuuutttt when it came to service my car thats when great became GREATLY HORRIBLE.

I believe every sales dept. of any dealership are always great since they have to be to make a sale, yet the service dept. are always bitches to deal with.

Impreza
12-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I had previously thought that it was only BMW that had an atrocious service department, but I'm beginning to think that most dealerships have a shitty service department now...

2EFNFAST
12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Positive sales experience at Hyatt, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service experiecnes there.

max_boost
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
It just depends who you deal with. Establish a connection with the sales and service and you should be set.

For Lonestar, talk to Dominic Wong in sales and just tell him rage2 sent you. If he doesn't know rage2, tell him the guy with the Matte black C63. For service, Lianne Asquin is who I usually deal with. Dionne has been there the longest I think but she can be a bit moody at times haha

Waldi
12-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It just depends who you deal with. Establish a connection with the sales and service and you should be set.

For Lonestar, talk to Dominic Wong in sales and just tell him rage2 sent you. If he doesn't know rage2, tell him the guy with the Matte black C63. For service, Lianne Asquin is who I usually deal with. Dionne has been there the longest I think but she can be a bit moody at times haha

I went with your advice, however, when I called to make arrangement Dominic was off so I went to Dennis. he was pretty fair, and had good experience and bought C300.

Skyline_Addict
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Waldi

I went with your advice, however, when I called to make arrangement Dominic was off so I went to Dennis. he was pretty fair, and had good experience and bought C300.

how do you like your c300? i'm considering one!

what other cars were you looking at (if any) and what made you choose a c300?

edit: nevermind, read your other thread.

will look into an a4 now as well!

Waldi
12-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

how do you like your c300? i'm considering one!

what other cars were you looking at (if any) and what made you choose a c300?

edit: nevermind, read your other thread.

will look into an a4 now as well!

I like it, it has a bit sporty feel and rides pretty good. I was also looking at Lexus IS250 and Volvo S40 T5 AWD. Almost went for Volvo as I liked manual transmission (6speed) and the finish was pretty nice. I have one Volvo already so was bit reactant bu man transmission was big thing for me. Unfortunately did not work, so I went back to MB. Love the performance on snow (good time to test right now) and overall space (rear seats are perry o.k.) :D

cycosis
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I was in Hyatt for 45 minutes two summers ago and no one gave me any attention, when I finally asked for help, I got minimal service. Went to lonestar and had great service. Within two minutes of being in the dealership, I was offered coffee and was being given a complete tour of a C230 which I later bought.

Lonestar's service people though are fucking useless tits. Theres a big fat lady there whos pure evil.

boxer23
12-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
I was in Hyatt for 45 minutes two summers ago and no one gave me any attention, when I finally asked for help, I got minimal service. Went to lonestar and had great service. Within two minutes of being in the dealership, I was offered coffee and was being given a complete tour of a C230 which I later bought.

I concur on the Hyatt remark, hardly any sales service.

kwazy
12-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Best thing to do if you are not sure where to go is send email to both dealerships and let them know what you are prepared to pay (make a lowball offer, but not too low) and see if any jr sales associates is desperate enough for your business.

Or some dealerships have online/fleet managers, speak with them and you can usually get a better deal.

Waldi
12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by kwazy
Best thing to do if you are not sure where to go is send email to both dealerships and let them know what you are prepared to pay (make a lowball offer, but not too low) and see if any jr sales associates is desperate enough for your business.

Or some dealerships have online/fleet managers, speak with them and you can usually get a better deal.

I had similar approach, basically phoned them ahead of time and asked about stock and afterward, after testing, proposed my price.

B18C
12-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Waldi

I got my C350 from Dennis last year. I found he was alright. Nothing really good or bad to say about the guy. Kinda wish I would have went with Dominic though because all I hear are good things about him. Dunno if it really would have made any difference in the end though.

lizeeh
12-30-2009, 11:22 PM
I was just at Lone Star today and was helped by a salesman named Alex. Out of all the luxury dealerships that I have been to so far, I must say that Lone Star rates the highest in my mind. Even though Alex was working alone and had various walk-in customers, he was able to keep his cool and made sure that everyone was attended to. Because of that, I would highly recommend Lone Star.

asfjasljj
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
i think lone star is better then hyatt cuz i bought my c300 from dennis and he's not bad but a little bit cheap LOL. and i think the sevrice isnt bad eaither

Waldi
01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by asfjasljj
i think lone star is better then hyatt cuz i bought my c300 from dennis and he's not bad but a little bit cheap LOL. and i think the sevrice isnt bad either

Agree here, got the same impression, but they were willing to deal. I did stop once on the way at Hyatt in the fall and got impression like they did not wanted my business ... . At That time I only wanted to know what is available but lack of interest left me wondering and pushing toward LoneStar despite being closer to Hyatt.

Waldi
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by asfjasljj
i think lone star is better then hyatt cuz i bought my c300 from dennis and he's not bad but a little bit cheap LOL. and i think the sevrice isnt bad either

Agree here, got the same impression, but they were willing to deal. I did stop once on the way at Hyatt in the fall and got impression like they did not wanted my business ... . At That time I only wanted to know what is available but lack of interest left me wondering and pushing toward LoneStar despite being closer to Hyatt.