PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Service Quality/Parts

nos_efx
12-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Question for all the subaru owners out there.

What are your two cents on the service received and the cost on replacement parts for a subaru vehicle.

I'm looking to purchase a subaru in the near future and would like to know that I am going to be getting some quality service.

Thanks!

max_boost
12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Service received? Depends where you go but almost any mechanical shop can work on these cars. Cost on service will vary. Other than the basic stuff, brakes, tires, oil change, fluids, all the Subaru's I've owned are solid over time.

As for parts, I use www.subarugenuineparts.com
Fast shipping and cheaper than dealer.

alloroc
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
5 yrs old and haven't had anything go wrong with it.

All Makes for service and use synthetic oil.

:closed:

Canadian 2.5RS
12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Service received? Depends where you go but almost any mechanical shop can work on these cars. Cost on service will vary. Other than the basic stuff, brakes, tires, oil change, fluids, all the Subaru's I've owned are solid over time.

As for parts, I use www.subarugenuineparts.com
Fast shipping and cheaper than dealer.

I was getting my parts from subarugenuineparts cheaper than all makes was getting their parts (they asked me to put them in contact with Chaplin's so they could buy their parts from them too) and about half the price the stealership was charging. It was nice to bring in my parts quote from subaru calgary and a box full of parts from Chaplin's subaru (genuine subaru parts) and show them that i bought all oem parts, using their part list, from another dealership. The lady's face was priceless when i showed her that I paid less than half of what they quoted me. then i turned around and told them that they will not get a single penny from me and took my car to all makes.

fuck them!

BigDL
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
If you are in the South, Option Imports is a great place as well.

Western Subaru Club (http://www.westernsubaruclub.com) Local forum for subaru guys :)

Stealth22
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I got a parts-related question..

Subaru's website quotes outrageous prices for accessories on a new Impreza. All-season floor mats I can get at Canadian Tire for 20 bucks, but stuff like the body side moulding, auto-dim mirror w/ homelink, etc, the 'Accessories' section of the Subaru site quotes prices that are at least double of what Chaplin's rates are, and the fine print says it doesn't include tax, labour, or installation.

If I were to buy a new Impreza and wanted some of this stuff...say I get one or two accessories thrown in by the dealership, but not a third, like the auto-dimming mirror. Could I go to All Makes Subaru and have them order the part from Chaplin's and install it? Or even order the part myself (and not being a real DIY guy with cars lol), and have All Makes install it?

max_boost
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Order the part yourself. Shipping is pretty quick. Usually within 3-5 business days.

Get a quote on install and bring it to the place that is cheaper. I know the dealer will charge you a flat rate, 20 min job they will still charge you 1 hour labor. Other shops might cut you a break on prices if that's the case.