PDA

View Full Version : european plated BMW bike cruisin down the highway

ITR420
12-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I forgot about this but in September I was driving down highway 93 towards the trans Canada from Inveremere, and came up behind a BMW bike with a EU plate on it, looked like the guy was touring he had lots of gear. has anybody else seen EU plates on a vehicle on the road before? is it legal?
I would have snapped a pic if O wasn't driving

7thgenvic
12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
:clap:

corsvette
12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
my Wife snapped a pic of a late model CRV with euro plates the other day,it was a right hand drive with a diesel.

Kardon
12-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I assume it would be similar to the RHD GTI that has been crusin around.

scat19
12-24-2009, 09:34 AM
All Spotted threads NOW MUST CONTAIN a usable identifiable photo.

:closed:

CivicDXR
12-24-2009, 10:03 AM
^ doesn't say spotted anywhere in this thread except for your post, so technically he is within the rules as this is not a spotted thread ;) He is merely stating that he saw a vehicle with a euro plate on it, and is asking if anyone else has seen a vehicle with a legal euro plate, and if so, what are the conditions of operating such a vehicle.

You may step down from your self appointed moderator position now. :poosie:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a stipulation where if you're going to school, or working for the government for 2 or less years, you are allowed to bring your car over to use?

Mar
12-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you change your plates whenever you go to the USA? You can keep your originating country's plates for a specified period of time when traveling.

CivicDXR
12-24-2009, 10:36 AM
^Yes I understand that, I don't change my plates cause I DRIVE into the US. These cars have Euro plates, and if I was on vacation from Europe, I'd rent a car rather than get mine transported, unless I was here on long term (work?).

Tilly
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
this past summer i've seen 3 vehicles from europe and abroad. perhaps ferry rates have been reduced? in any case, sounds to me like he was just cruisin', international style.