PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Ironhide (Transofrmers)

mikey008
12-24-2009, 01:03 AM
This thing is pretty sick!!!!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/18469_219361221388_510546388_366529.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/mikey_008/18469_219362431388_510546388_366529.jpg:drool: :drool:

slinkie
12-24-2009, 01:08 AM
:nut:

2EFNFAST
12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
That's awesome :burnout:

EK 2.0
12-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I was gonna make a rant thread (sort of my M.O. lately) about lifted trucks.

But, I will just come out and say it in this thread as there are great pictures to illustrate my point. While I have NO issues with people lifting their trucks and SUV's. I mean the majority here lowers our sport compacts and luxury cars...To each their own when it comes to modding...I also have friends who are avid off-roaders and I do realise that the extra ground clearance is warranted. And in some cases looks SICK!!...

But...why the fuck can't they run mud-flaps??...All that truck will do is spit up rocks and debris to the car behind it. And we all know the majority of "Lifted, Banks Powered, 6 inch Turbo Back Exhaust, 48" Mudder Diesel Propelled Truck Drivers are worse than the "proverbial BMW Douche" and spin their tires at every stop light to prove they "Got TQ"...And where do all the rocks go then??...All sprayed all over the traffic behind them.

[/rant]

slinkie
12-24-2009, 01:19 AM
When anticipating rock chips, i just turn on wipers super fast...for that added 1% protection

mikey008
12-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

But, I will just come out and say it in this thread as there are great pictures to illustrate my point. While I have NO issues with people lifting their trucks and SUV's. I mean the majority here lowers our sport compacts and luxury cars...To each their own when it comes to modding...I also have friends who are avid off-roaders and I do realise that the extra ground clearance is warranted. And in some cases looks SICK!!...

But...why the fuck can't they run mud-flaps??...All that truck will do is spit up rocks and debris to the car behind it. And we all know the majority of "Lifted, Banks Powered, 6 inch Turbo Back Exhaust, 48" Mudder Diesel Propelled Truck Drivers are worse than the "proverbial BMW Douche" and spin their tires at every stop light to prove they "Got TQ"...And where do all the rocks go then??...All sprayed all over the traffic behind them.

[/rant]

Touche!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Notice that i'm in the lane over to the right while snapping these pics? It's like you were there with me! haha

Jetta-2.0
12-24-2009, 01:25 AM

[/rant]

lol whats the point of mud flaps if you go off roading in mud and small ponds? how can u rant about you are an off roader by not showing all the mud that is on your truck while u drive and all the mud falls to the streets lol

slinkie
12-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0

lol whats the point of mud flaps if you go off roading in mud and small ponds? how can u rant about you are an off roader by not showing all the mud that is on your truck while u drive and all the mud falls to the streets lol

those pics people put on the net stating its a damn ailens??? well they a demented humans and we have caused our selfs to look the way we do....:eek:

nice knowin ya

TomcoPDR
12-24-2009, 01:33 AM
That might not even be raised up

Jetta-2.0
12-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by slinkie

nice knowin ya
And your point is?

FraserB
12-24-2009, 01:55 AM

Clearly you don't offroad since very few people who do enjoy splattering everyone on the road with mud and rocks. After a run the first place I stop is the car wash to get that crap out of my suspension. There is a big difference between mud bogging and more technical wheeling or trail riding.

I actually agree with EK2.0 on this, the tires we use loooove to hold rocks in the treads and then spit them out on the highway. Mud flaps are actually required by law if there is a larger than stock area of tire exposed. Same goes for wider tires and fender flares.

BTW, you were right, the truck can come stock like that. Its a Chevy Topkick with Ironhide conversion done to it.

mikey008
12-24-2009, 02:37 AM
http://www.madness-us-cars.com/actualite-vehicules-americains/transformers-gmc-topkick-autobot-ironhide.jpg

2EFNFAST
12-24-2009, 02:45 AM
One day I will buy an F650 just to squish drivers who piss me off. F650 > *

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/596877/ford_f650_08.jpg

Danny Meehan
12-24-2009, 04:43 AM
I've never driven a truck, but ^ awesome

Jetta-2.0
12-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Clearly you don't offroad since very few people who do enjoy splattering everyone on the road with mud and rocks. After a run the first place I stop is the car wash to get that crap out of my suspension. There is a big difference between mud bogging and more technical wheeling or trail riding.

I actually agree with EK2.0 on this, the tires we use loooove to hold rocks in the treads and then spit them out on the highway. Mud flaps are actually required by law if there is a larger than stock area of tire exposed. Same goes for wider tires and fender flares.

BTW, you were right, the truck can come stock like that. Its a Chevy Topkick with Ironhide conversion done to it.

No i havent been off roading and im being sarcastic about it :D. I have also seen more then once a truck thats full of mud, at malls or driving on the road:thumbsup:

scat19
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Nothing says small penis like a F650.

Mar
12-24-2009, 10:26 AM

[/rant]
Worse is the exhaust, most of these assholes have done something to their engine and for some reason when they crank the throttle (every green light), a shit plume of black smoke comes out, covering the intersection and nobody can see shit. I have to hit the brakes while making a mad reach for the air circulation button so it doesn't come into the car. Then creep through slowly until it clears, it's annoying as fuck. Why is this necessary?

Cock Knuckle
12-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Unreasonably large vehicles = unreasonably strange parking methods.

Idiots who own such monstrosities always seem to figure out the douchiest ways to park. 2 wheels on the curb, taking up 4 stalls (parked diagonally) in a lot, On top of the snow removal piles, etc.

I couldn't stand driving a truck, I require at least a turning radius under 50 feet. Damn trucks.

AHK FTW!

BrknFngrs
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mar

Worse is the exhaust, most of these assholes have done something to their engine and for some reason when they crank the throttle (every green light), a shit plume of black smoke comes out, covering the intersection and nobody can see shit. I have to hit the brakes while making a mad reach for the air circulation button so it doesn't come into the car. Then creep through slowly until it clears, it's annoying as fuck. Why is this necessary?

I always wondered why the big trucks end up making the huge smoke plumes as well. Is it just from removing the cat?

scat19
12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I thought it was software - I know of a smart car that could do that.

methodicreign
12-24-2009, 11:24 AM
it's unburnt diesle fuel that makes the big black clouds. the computers and mods these engines use to make more power always includes ramming more fuel in the chamber at a higher pressure and that means so much of it is unburnt during the cycle it comes out like that... I hate it to, but it's cheaper and easier to do that than add more air to it. diesle drivers tend to be a little cheaper when it comes to engine mods cause they spent all thier money on the truck and a 12" lift kit and massive tires, oh and shiney rims, cause chrome handles off roading and mud holes really well. I never understoood why people spend almost 100,000$ building a massive truck and it never leaves the pavement.

Tilly
12-24-2009, 01:53 PM
what useful vehicles we have in calgary....

RecoilS14
12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
he needs a system setup that when he starts up his truck it makes the SOUNDS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSb96JO72Q)

SCHIDER23
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Nothing says small penis like a F650.

:rofl: :rofl: You sir have made my day lOL, but yes my brother has a truck, and he always makes sure not to hit the edges of the road, since he knows if you are driving behind you getting owned by rocks.:thumbsdow

Graham_A_M
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
We have that same truck at work, minus the Transformer emblems of course. I love that thing, all though it has the worst designed 4wd I've EVER seen. (getting stuck in 3" deep snow on flat ground is not cool... seriously):nut: :facepalm:
Yes that is the stock ride height on the Topkick/C5500

dino_martini
12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/martman104/CIMG0055.jpg

mikey008
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
:eek: