PDA

View Full Version : Hazmat tax??

Skrilla
12-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe this is common, but I have never seen it.....

I got a quote to install some coil-overs from a shop in Calgary for $600 + $1400 for the suspension itself, and on the quote is a 2% charge for about $12 and its called Hazmat tax....

I know it is not alot of money, and i am not bitching, just curious as I have never seen that before, or maybe just never noticed it :dunno:

Mar
12-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I've never heard of that particular fee but I know shop fees like that are normal. I've paid environmental fees for disposing of old oil that came out of my car or any other solvents they need during repair. It's like a disposal charge.

Skrilla
12-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I've never heard of that particular fee but I know shop fees like that are normal. I've paid environmental fees for disposing of old oil that came out of my car or any other solvents they need during repair. It's like a disposal charge.

Yea but for coilovers?? :nut:

cancer man
12-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Just another name for Enviro/shop supplies.
Now if he also charged the above as well then he ripped you off.

Skrilla
12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
Just another name for Enviro/shop supplies.
Now if he also charged the above as well then he ripped you off.

Yea also got quoted $46 for Shop supplies

methodicreign
12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
it stands for hazardous materials. I'm pretty sure we all knew that, it's the service shops passing the charges on to us cause governing bodies for chemicals are charging them to dispose of the chemicals they use, and return after use. IE solvents, or cleaners, or brake clean, anything like that. It's a bs charge thank you government again for using our money to build your credability