PDA

View Full Version : Places to buy rings?

Seanith
11-24-2003, 07:34 PM
I need some ideas for some good places to buy rings for a girl.. nothing too extravagent, something like $100-250. Let me know what you guys think.

04blackMAX
11-24-2003, 07:45 PM
try any jewelery shop in the mall

szw
11-24-2003, 07:49 PM
chinatown jewlery shops, nicer/cheaper than stuff you get at the malls.

Bring someone along to barter if you're not good at it

DUBBED
11-24-2003, 07:50 PM
i bought my girlfriend(now ex) a ring at peoples in chinook...

i spent 250 on a extremely nice ring... for the price at least

pinoyhero
11-24-2003, 07:51 PM
Do go for something cheesy at a jewelry store, if you spend like that it will look cheap. Go to silversmiths or a place like that and get something funky.

RSeXy
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Tiffany & Co.

I am not sure about their prices on SS rings...but you can always find out! Their necklaces are very nice and simple...and they start at $130! You can get her an Elsa Peretti necklace with her initial.

This is the letter "G"

http://www.tiffany.com/images/products/product_images/10634156_HTML_SML.jpg

BUt I've seen promise rings at People's running at $100. But nothing makes a girl smile more than seeing that Blue Tiffany box! hehe :)

JennyLee
11-24-2003, 09:01 PM
I only shop at appelts becuase I get nice discounts courtesy of my sis...but they only have stores in mordon, brandon and steinbach, MB

other wise I like peoples

link785
11-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Peoples.

Bought enough stuff there, they have awesome selection, and better prices than just about every other mainstream jewelry store.

Oh, and Ben Moss if you can't find anything you like in Peoples, they would be my second choice.

jdmakkord
11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by link785
Peoples.

Bought enough stuff there, they have awesome selection, and better prices than just about every other mainstream jewelry store.

Oh, and Ben Moss if you can't find anything you like in Peoples, they would be my second choice.

Plus with peoples, if you keep the original package and reciept....you can trade in your ring towards another, and they credit you the full original purchase price!!!! This I just found out, and it will come in damn handy soon:D

Ben
11-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Walmart man!

link785
11-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Plus with peoples, if you keep the original package and reciept....you can trade in your ring towards another, and they credit you the full original purchase price!!!! This I just found out, and it will come in damn handy soon:D

Yep. They just have the best selection of standard stuff too, like heart pendants, rings, etc. With all the tiny jewelry stores around have such shit that's so specific you could only give it to a certain particular person who has that kind of taste. Peoples (and Ben Moss to an extent), just always has the right stuff I'm looking for :thumbsup:

As for Tiffanys, yeah we don't have one here in Calgary, there's only 1 in Toronto I believe. That and Tiffany is overrated if you ask me, expensive and you pay for the name, not the jewelry. Personally I don't give a shit if the box is blue or not.

04blackMAX
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
ive got a diamond right princess cut...u can have it for 500

BMWilli
11-24-2003, 11:01 PM
I've got some in the back of my car......no seriously i do.

RSeXy
11-24-2003, 11:14 PM

As for Tiffanys, yeah we don't have one here in Calgary, there's only 1 in Toronto I believe. That and Tiffany is overrated if you ask me, expensive and you pay for the name, not the jewelry. Personally I don't give a shit if the box is blue or not.

There is a Tiffany counter at Holt, the lady that works there is very nice! I have a couple pieces from Tiffany and I love them, they have unque style and their prices on some of their stuff is reasonable.

link785
11-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
There is a Tiffany counter at Holt, the lady that works there is very nice! I have a couple pieces from Tiffany and I love them, they have unque style and their prices on some of their stuff is reasonable.

Ah, my bad then. I agree their stuff is unique, but still, overpriced. Afterall, gold is gold, regardless who fabricated it. Besides, Peoples has unique stuff as well, as do many places.

Actually, www.ice.com is a good place to shop as well, I've bought from them before too :thumbsup:

gkAeris
11-25-2003, 12:05 AM
err u can try the Central Landmark Mall inside there is a store called meomory box, they have some selection and i know u can get his and her's collection for like $80 it's sweet, i mean u don't have to be BLING and buy her white gold ...

i honestly think it's the thought that counts

link785
11-25-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by gkAeris
err u can try the Central Landmark Mall inside there is a store called meomory box, they have some selection and i know u can get his and her's collection for like $80 it's sweet, i mean u don't have to be BLING and buy her white gold ...

i honestly think it's the thought that counts

I agree, it is the thought that counts :) But you also don't want to get ripped off at a place, regardless. With $100, you can buy a 10k gold necklace/pendant, it just won't be a "Tiffany" one ;)

C4S
11-25-2003, 01:31 AM
How about that jewlery store in main floor of New Asian Mall ? lots of good new style stuffs ..and .. he he .. good deal ! :thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-25-2003, 01:33 AM

I agree, it is the thought that counts :) But you also don't want to get ripped off at a place, regardless. With $100, you can buy a 10k gold necklace/pendant, it just won't be a "Tiffany" one ;)

I'm not here advocating, "Tiffany or bust!" yeesh...i think there is equally nice stuff offered by other stores, I just prefer Tiffany's designs.

sputnik
11-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
ive got a diamond right princess cut...u can have it for 500

How many carat? What colour and clarity rating does it have?

Cutestlilgirl
11-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Ben Moss.....They always have cheap but good looking rings...Im just waiting for my bf to get the hint that I would like one of them...lol...j/k

Seanith
11-26-2003, 11:42 AM
thanks for the help guys! i'll go shopping with her.. if shes going to wear it shes gotta like it! :thumbsup:
Anyways, we'll try out these places.. thanks for the comments :)