PDA

View Full Version : The Fast and the Famous - Jay Leno - Mercedes SLS

trev0006
12-26-2009, 01:00 PM
The Fast and the Famous (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/12-27-09page-The-Fast-and-the-Famous.htm)

The Making of the Fast and the Famous (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/12-27-09page-The-Making-of-the-Fast-and-the-Famous.htm)

Dope7
12-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Very good!!! the SLS sounds amazing!

ExtraSlow
12-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Isn't that the same engine as Rage's winter beater? Jesus, if it sounds like that in his car, I'm turning gay and marrying him.

94boosted
12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Isn't that the same engine as Rage's winter beater? Jesus, if it sounds like that in his car, I'm turning gay and marrying him.

I think it's based on that engine except it makes an additional 120HP :eek:

jjmac
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
yumm

rage2
12-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
WTF???

Originally posted by 94boosted
I think it's based on that engine except it makes an additional 120HP :eek:
The C63's engine is detuned from all the regular 63 motors by ~45hp, which is why it makes "less" hp. It's done by the stock ECU limiting throttle body position to 50% after 1 second of full throttle. A simple ECU flash brings hp to around 520 on the C63, with most of the gains from allowing the throttle body to open all the way.

The SLS engine differs in several ways. It has forged pistons, lightweight rods, and lightweight crank (which is now available on the C63 P31 performance package) to reduce rotating mass by around 15lbs. Doesn't give more power, but it does make it rev better in the lower gears. It also has dry sump lubrication to lower the center of gravity.

The sound and power of the SLS differs a lot from the standard 63 cars due to the reworked intake and exhaust systems. The longtube headers on the C63 makes it sound a lot like the SLS, and brings power up (along with ECU) to 570hp.

CMewXy6rNiA

fm5IaCRlp2o

A little too loud for my tastes...

ExtraSlow
12-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by rage2

WTF???

The sound and power of the SLS differs a lot from the standard 63 cars due to the reworked intake and exhaust systems. The longtube headers on the C63 makes it sound a lot like the SLS, and brings power up (along with ECU) to 570hp.

A little too loud for my tastes...
Well Rage, I'd say it's pretty obvious. If you get those headers, I'm coming after you. if you don't, you are slightly safer. :poosie:
:goflames:

bituerbo
12-31-2009, 11:06 AM
My god, the sound of that SLS on throttle lift... i want that as my ringtone, I don't care if people think I'm farting.