PDA

View Full Version : Review: 1600 World Bier Haus

dino_martini
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
1600 World Bier Haus
100A-1600 90 Avenue Southwest (Glenmore landing)
Calgary, AB T2V 5A8
(403) 457-4287
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 3/5

So my sister and her friend and I headed out for a bite tonight, we decided to check out 1600 due to their extensive beer list (130 beers. 90 or so on tap) and wing night (15 cent wings Sunday's)

We were promptly seated, and 1600 is a very nice looking place. Great atmosphere, though it does get a little loud at times. Plus the waitress's are...gorgeous to say the least.

Now here is where the problem begins. At the beginning it wasn't overly busy but the service took forever. It was just consistently slow, consistently forgetful.

Once we got our beer/food, it was great. Honestly it was the best Alexander Keiths I've ever had. Stiegl is another very enjoyable beer we had, finishing up with a Boris from France.

The food is great, nothing is over looked.

The burgers are unbelievably good. The Pome Frites (french fries essentially) are really good, three different dipping sauces.

Best wings I have had, they are not over cooked, not too greasy or salty.

We order a pound of mussels and those were great as well and I am not a big fan of mussels.

I would definitely check out 1600 just for their different beer selection and great food. You just have to hope the service is better than it was tonight.

calepeters
12-28-2009, 01:31 AM
just an fyi theres only about 30 beers on tap

01RedDX
12-28-2009, 01:44 PM

-STi-
01-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I love 1600 and would recomend it to everyone. The only thing I see that I don't personally agree with is the service aspect. I know you were there and you were on the revcieving end of the bad service, and I wasn't; but I frequent this place and have only had bad service from one certain waitress.

With only my assumption to go on, I think that if you were to give the world beir haus another shot, this time with a different waitress, your experience would be most enjoyable, and come with the service you need to make your evening of friends and beers an exceptional one at the least.

SScott
01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
This is the place that replaced Friars right?

Been meaning to check it out

flipstah
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Guess I have to try this new place out.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Bison... Mmmm... :drool:

Seanith
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Hmm sounds pretty good. I'd like to check this place out too.

theken
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Anybody else find it funny that He went because of the extensive beer list and ordered a keiths.

Been twice. Its the same as clasic jacks menu. Just more beer

KRyn
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by theken
Anybody else find it funny that He went because of the extensive beer list and ordered a keiths.

Menu is actually more similar to 1410, as they have the same owner/s.

dino_martini
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by theken

Honestly? :banghead:

I ordered Erdinger Dunkel and Erdinger and each time the waitress came back and said they had run out. So at that point I said fuck it and ordered what I knew would be there.

kthnxbaiii

Seanith
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Honestly? :banghead:

Haha man, I thought it was odd that you'd order the Keith's at a place that has a wide selection too. Knowing that you ordered a dunkel exonerates you totally though. Dunkel :drool:

Supa Dexta
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Same owners as classic jacks too though I believe?

dino_martini
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Same owners as classic jacks too though I believe?

Yep

Vince1
02-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Great pub food, friendly fast service. Dunno about the on tap selection, I only drink Corona but the portions are deece size, and there's plenty of parking. Love that place!

Tik-Tok
01-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Bump...

- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 3/5

I'd agree, but service was 4.5/5 for us tonight.

The burgers are unbelievably good. The Pome Frites (french fries essentially) are really good, three different dipping sauces.

Had the Bier Haus Burger, man it was so delicious, a little too large with the toppings though. The burgers also come with a starter soup or salad. Having the Mushroom Soup was too filling, and I could only eat half the burger. Sweet Potato fries were an extra $2, which I think is a little steep for how little you get, but again, with the soup, I couldn't eat it all. $16 for that burger/soup/yam fries is a good deal for eating at a higher end pub like that.

Plus the waitress's are...gorgeous to say the least.

To say the least is right, smoking hot, and not the usual type where all the waitress's look the same either, a variety of hotness.

Will definitely be back again, probably for a Sunday wing night.

Disoblige
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
The food there is good, I agree. The wings however are a bit dry, and mostly drumsticks. Oh well, other things make up for it though.

My waitress when I went about a year ago was HOT. :D

dirtsniffer
01-26-2011, 10:13 PM
i agree, the food was good. I dont understand all this talk of tap beer though. I was there about a month ago and they literally didnt have the 6 beers i asked for.
The (incredibly hot) waitress ended up having to list the few beers they did have on tap