PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Nissan Rogue

nos_efx
12-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi Guys

I'm planning on putting an offer down on a 2010 SL AWD Nissan Rogue. I priced one out at about 33k including freight + GST. I'll be financing over a 60 month period at 1.9% APR.

What's a good starting point to begin the negotiations? I do not want to come off the bat with a blatant lowball but I am looking to save as much as possible.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

kwazy
12-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Step 1:

Walk into the dealership with gucci shades, spiked up bleached blonde hair, ears pierced bling'd out with diamond ear rings. If you are unsure, just copy this guy:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3361/guido033pl.jpg

Step 2:

Demand to speak with the GM of the dealership and if anyone tries to stop you, say you will only deal with him. Remember to bring baby powder and put it on your hand. When you see him, don't shake his hand, it will show you are weak. Instead, slap him across the face with the babypowder in your hand also known as a 'pimp' slap

http://www.randomn3ss.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/baby-powder.jpg

Step3:

This will get his attention and show him who's boss, infront of everyone at the dealership tell him you want the rogue but you aren't going to give him a penny more than cost.

That's how I always negotiate when I buy cars.

heavyD
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM
^^^Pretty sure the OP's a woman. No man buys a feminin CUV like the Rogue.

beyond_ban
12-30-2009, 09:01 AM
You best bet is to offer ~$2-3k less then there asking price. Usually that stackable on these cars is right around there. If you want, throw them a $5k low ball and work your way into a middle ground with the sales person. Realistically, what do you want to spend on your next car?

Originally posted by kwazy
blaaaaaaaaa bla bla

Da fuck?

Got a 599 now eh? Would love to see pics... Take them of it in inside your garage, no one will possibly be able to trace it back to you.

igotacookie
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
1) Walk in, test drive it, show that you are serious. Make a lowball offer like 5k less.

2) They will reject you. You say: "ok I'll look somewhere else first, but if you guys change your mind give me a call"

3) Try this with 3 dealerships minimum. One of them will cut you a very very good deal. But you have to be willing to wait 3-5 days for them to call you back.

Walking out is a must in order to get the dealership to consider giving you their lowest price. After a price is met that your satisfied with, try and get the dealership to throw in freebies, like oil changes or rust protection as well.

This was the method I've been using to buy my last 3 cars, and the prices would fluctuate madly between dealerships. Eg. Weber Mazda offered me an RX8 for 34k and sherwood park Mazda would not budge from 42k...

Be patient and willing to walk away until you are COMPLETELY satisfied.

dj_rice
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with the pricing but Weber Mazda is owned by Weber Motors who is owned by Ericksen Auto Group who is owned by Go Auto. Not sure if being owned by such a big company would affect pricing or not.

BigDannyCool
12-30-2009, 02:28 PM
go to car cost canada, pay the fee and go from there.

SCHIDER23
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
^^
Correct get a report and see what the invoice price is, than add a 5 to 10% profit for the dealer, sometimes they will move other times they won't btw do all of this before adding customer cash rebates, etc. Also the walking out routine doesn't work that often so be aware of that LOL.:thumbsup:

blownz
12-31-2009, 10:59 AM
^ msrp at most places is about 10% over invoice (and the last few Nissan dealer invoices I have seen were almost exactly that) so why would you offer that much? I would say find out invoice and if there are no other rebates, offer $500 over the invoice amount and keep it as close to that as possible.

Isaiah
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Regardless of the 'invoice cost' of the vehicle to the dealer, they have overhead to pay and need to make a profit.

blownz
12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
And with the volume of cars big dealerships sell, $500 is a good place to start. They typically get other incentives from the manufacturers to make their true cost less than invoice anyway.

justincalgary
12-31-2009, 11:21 AM
I used to work for Fishcreek Nissan, and offering $500 over cost was a guaranteed sale. Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.

Also, Fishcreek is the only Calgary Nissan dealer that is on carcostcanada.com.

As soon as you sign up, be ready for a follow up call from them. Well worth the money in my opinion.

A2VR6
12-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by justincalgary
I used to work for Fishcreek Nissan, and offering $500 over cost was a guaranteed sale. Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.

As soon as you sign up, be ready for a follow up call from them. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Really? 500 over cost and they'd take it? Thats pretty crazy! From past experience, it seems that alot of dealers wont even take 3% over invoice... it seems that 4-4.5% over invoice is where dealers offer after you give them your initial offer.

blownz
12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.

I should have added that myself. If it is a quick sale with minimum work for them (ie you don't come back 4 different days for 3 different test drives and make them search all over the city for the right model while you change you mind 15 times over colours and options, etc, etc) they should be happy to give you a good price.

I know quite a few dealers here in Edmonton that will sell retail for $500 over and some that will even do $300 - $400 over.

redline
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM

When i bought my Titan from Brasso. I used car cost canada and got it for cost... according to CCC

I bought the truck in less then a hour with travel time from downtown. Just be perpared to sign asap :)

jonnycat
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I paid $1000 over invoice on my Titan, we agreed it was fair.

Danny Meehan
12-31-2009, 05:30 PM
carcostcanada.com
do oyu have access ? would Ppreciate help with price for a z370 touring a7?

anschutz_92
12-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Danny Meehan

do oyu have access ? would Ppreciate help with price for a z370 touring a7?

Buying a car for your wife I see :poosie:

SCHIDER23
12-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by blownz
^ msrp at most places is about 10% over invoice (and the last few Nissan dealer invoices I have seen were almost exactly that) so why would you offer that much? I would say find out invoice and if there are no other rebates, offer $500 over the invoice amount and keep it as close to that as possible.

I wasn't sure if it was 5 or 10% max for negotiating WITHOUT incentives, so you could probably get it at cost with incentives or less, this is from expenrience a few months back so I'm not sure if the market has change that fast. :dunno:

Xtrema
01-01-2010, 01:38 PM
One word, Hyundai....

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/2010/images/hyundai/2010_hyundai_tucson/201o_hyundai_tuscon_pw-001-6389.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/2010/images/hyundai/2010_hyundai_tucson/201o_hyundai_tuscon_pw-013-6388.jpg

Rogue looks like Chinese crap car compare to this.

Originally posted by A2VR6

Really? 500 over cost and they'd take it? Thats pretty crazy! From past experience, it seems that alot of dealers wont even take 3% over invoice... it seems that 4-4.5% over invoice is where dealers offer after you give them your initial offer.

It really depends on stocks on the lot and how desperate is the sales person. If it's not a low volume model like 370z or GT-R, invoice +$500 is possible.

Aleks
01-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Last 4-5 cars I've bought have all been cost + $500. I know that it's possible to get some cars at cost + $200 right now. So 1-2% above invoice.

As long as you are educated and dont waste their time they will work with you at those numbers. Oh yeah CarCostCanada is definatelly worth it. Saves time and money.

A2VR6
01-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Last 4-5 cars I've bought have all been cost + $500. I know that it's possible to get some cars at cost + $200 right now. So 1-2% above invoice.

As long as you are educated and dont waste their time they will work with you at those numbers. Oh yeah CarCostCanada is definatelly worth it. Saves time and money.

Interesting, did you negotiate it so it's cost + $500 before applying any factory incentives or was it after?

scary_perry
01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
I bought my Maxima in about 15 minutes. I am stupid. Take your time.

justincalgary
01-05-2010, 10:03 PM
$500 before factory incentives. Factory incentives don't count towards the dealership so they don't care about losing that money.

Aleks
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Interesting, did you negotiate it so it's cost + $500 before applying any factory incentives or was it after?

Sorry I just saw this today. Yes you negotiate cost + $xxx then take off all the factory incentives. Works most of the time unless incentives are huge (ex GM, Ford etc)

A2VR6
01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
I guess i'll keep that in mind next time I buy a new car besides a Toyota. I tried offering Invoice + 500 at several Toyota dealerships in town and none of them came back close to that. The absolute lowest some dealerships were willing to offer was invoice + 2500 for a Tacoma before incentives :thumbsdow

Aleks
01-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I guess i'll keep that in mind next time I buy a new car besides a Toyota. I tried offering Invoice + 500 at several Toyota dealerships in town and none of them came back close to that. The absolute lowest some dealerships were willing to offer was invoice + 2500 for a Tacoma before incentives :thumbsdow

I helped a friend buy a Rav4 last year for cost + $1000 at Heninger. Also when I was shopping for my Forester this past spring and compared to Rav4 the dealer in High River was willing to go cost + $750 when I talked to them over the phone on a 2009.

Maybe Tacomas are more popular and harder to come by :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
One word, Hyundai....

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/2010/images/hyundai/2010_hyundai_tucson/201o_hyundai_tuscon_pw-001-6389.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/galleries/2010/images/hyundai/2010_hyundai_tucson/201o_hyundai_tuscon_pw-013-6388.jpg

Rogue looks like Chinese crap car compare to this.

Eww that thing is gross looking, I'm not sure how great those Rogues are. I've seen 2 come in on trade in the last 3 months after the owners only having them for less than a year.

jonnycat
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/106404/2009-ford-escape-xlt-i1.jpg

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/106404/2009-ford-escape-xlt-i2.jpg

I'd rather drive this.

beyond_ban
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
^ Werd. The Rogue just looks fucked up. No logical explanation, but it does. If you can, i would even step up to the CX-7 from Mazda. It shares the same Turbo I-4 from the Mazdaspeed 3, so it makes for a fun, quick ride when it hits boost.

Speed_69
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
If you're looking at the Nissan Rogue, I'd also consider taking a look at the Toyota Venza.