PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - Where are the good seats?

ExtraSlow
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm planning on attending the NASCAR race in Las Vegas at the end of February. I've never been to any oval-track racing, and I have no idea where the good seats are. So far it looks like there are plenty of seats availible, so I've got options.

Anyone here been to any similar races able to comment?

psycoticclown
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
There are none, it's NASCAR :D

iceburns288
12-30-2009, 12:39 PM
On the main straightaway, as close to the S/F line as possible, and as low as you can get.

ExtraSlow
12-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't get me started on the lack of merits to this particular form of motorsport. Let's just say that I'm planning on drinking heavily and leave it at that.

Supa Dexta
12-30-2009, 08:13 PM
You want to be just past the tightest turn, so you'll see all the wrecks pile up.

A2VR6
12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
On the main straightaway, as close to the S/F line as possible, and as low as you can get.

QFT... although I wouldnt mind sitting a little higher up so i can see the whole track.

The only time I would sit in a corner at an oval track is if i were going to a short track race like bristol or martinsville where theres bound to be a pileup.

FiveFreshFish
12-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Good view of the pit exit.

troyl
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I went to a race in Charlotte this year we were right on the finish line about 10 rows up. They were great seats. Also try to get seats that are on the end of the rows. This will give you easy access to the can seeing as you are allowed to bring in your own personal cooler filled with beer :love: My buddy and I were able to fit a 24 pack in each of our coolers, but they can be no larger than 14''X14''X14''.

slinkie
12-30-2009, 09:47 PM
the good seats are at f1

95teetee
12-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
the good seats are at f1 so it only sucks on TV then?

Aleks
12-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Don't get me started on the lack of merits to this particular form of motorsport. Let's just say that I'm planning on drinking heavily and leave it at that.

I know a few guys that have gone down and they have all loved it even though they thought nascar is boring on TV. It's a lot different in person. You might be surprised.

Thaco
12-31-2009, 12:44 AM
oh wow, the f1 fanboys are out tonight.... why dont you just answer the guy's question or STFU..

slinkie
12-31-2009, 04:05 AM
^ i am providing constructive input

iceburns288
12-31-2009, 10:38 AM
NASCAR races are generally much more fun to attend, not to mention a lot cheaper.

Chris Elyea
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Haven't been to Vegas, but I've been to Fontana a few times. I'd recommend Section 2. It's across from the pits and you can see cars come around Turn 4, through the tri-oval, and then off to Turn 1. I like to sit pretty far down, but if you sit too close to the track, it can be hard to see the back straightaway.

http://www.lvms.com/images/overview.jpg

Definitely rent a scanner! Saves your ears and you can either listen to the drivers or the broadcast. They'll be a few trailers outside the grandstand where you can pick them up. That's also where the teams park their souvenir trailers.

Nissan_Fanboy
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Oh look a left turn, another left turn...
how about another?
LOL
im just messin, i've always wanted to go down to vegas for NASCAR.
might even get to go see this one if im lucky.

sesuna
01-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

HondaKid
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I think what they do on TV is freakin' amazing, Hi-def and plenty of TV real estate have made me a watcher of NASCAR. Live has to be pretty cool.

But then I am a sucker for all auto racing.... WHERE IS WRC????? You know you are in a back-assed country when you cannot watch WRC live on TV.

Really buy ear protection, a day at a track is murder on your ears. Hearing damage does not come back, and it is kinda important.

scat19
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I lol'd - They labeled each turn!

Shouldn't it be in the center, and labeled - Circle 1? lol

SKR
02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I went to Texas a few years ago. My seat was just at the entrance to turn 1, 18 rows up. I could look almost straight down pit road, and the cars were going by me at 195mph. I've got some pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them to give you some idea of what you'll be looking at. If I go to a race again, at any track, I'll sit somewhere between the finish line and turn 1.

Where I was sitting, it's loud. Don't plan on talking to anyone because you won't hear them. Just bring a cooler of beer, sit there and watch cars drive around. It's pretty cool when the cars are up to speed all together, because you can feel the air they're pushing before they get to you. It's a cool enough experience that I think people who aren't NASCAR fans would have a good time. It does get pretty long though.

SKR
02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Here's one from before the race started. The rest of my pictures have too many hillbillies in them to post. I'd imagine even in Vegas you're going to be sitting with 140,000 awful people. I had to sit by myself in Texas, and that's where I learned the don't talk - drink beer angle.

ExtraSlow
03-04-2010, 10:47 PM
The seats were about in the middle of Turn 4, row 28. Great views of the front and back straights, but absolutely terrible for the turn near us, because of the banking. Honestly, at the closest point, the cars would disappear completely from view and then reappear on the other side. Made it pretty tough to follow the race.

Seats higher up, and on the front straight would probably be better. I guess that's why they charge more for those.

Had a good time, drank beers and watched rednecks.

Very impressed with the shuttle bus that LVMS runs as well.

Might try going to another race in the future, but will be more choosy of seat location. Maybe Charlotte or Rockingham next time . . .

strong
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I would recommend sitting near the left hand turn this would be best.

94boosted
04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Even though I don't like NASCAR I must admit this would be pretty cool to see. Especially if this whole bring your own cooler full of beer thing is true :D

canadian_hustla
04-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I went to the 2010 daytona 500. We were sitting on the 4th turn, about 14 seats up. Tickets were $190 each
They were pretty damn good, right in front of the turn off to pit row
I will upload pics afterwards.

ExtraSlow
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Bumping old threads today.

Got seats for this years LV race in Grandstand 1, top of the blue section, about in the middle of the grandstand.
I've got the whole weekend, so if anyone wants to buy the saturday seats, PM me.

I like Vegas, maybe I'll use this race as an excuse to go every year.