PDA

View Full Version : Web Development Costs

Ripper
12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
I have a quote to get some web development done, but the quote seems a little higher then expected... although I have no idea what this stuff would general go for.

I was wondering what a typical 5-6 page customized layout would cost? This would be information only... nothing fancy like online purchasing.

I'm not looking at hiring anyone else at this point, only inquiring to see if the quote I got was reasonable.

Thank you.

HondaKid
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
It all depends on how complex the website is going to be, as with everything it is time spent and anticipated aggro issues (design and client) which add to the cost. If you are fairly certain of exactly what it is you want, the price ought to be lower as the designer simply pulls all your needs together and it is pretty much complete. There are always a few small issues which are corrected in the final push but really these things can take from an hour to half a day to correct.

If you are clear on your needs, the task is much easier and economical. Another way of getting the project done is to give your budget to the designer, a few examples of other websites you like and want incorporated into your website and let the designer have a go at it.

I would be questioning a website costing more than $200-500 from the limited details you have given. And keep in mind a $200 website can be better than a $500 one, it depends on the design.

If you are seeking another quote, PM me and I can put something together keeping a frugal mindset (which is always a good thing).

Cheers.

mariaaaa
12-31-2009, 02:37 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Unknown303
12-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mariaaaa
hello,

i gonna be approx. $200-$300.

In this cost you wi9ll get a very good website.

Thanks !!!

:facepalm: I bet it would just be incredible. or wi9ll for that matter.