PDA

View Full Version : Justice is Served. For Once.

Pages : [1] 2

spikerS
12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Anyone know someone that owns a mid 90's Mazda MX-3 white 2 door?

this fucking waste of skin just fucking smacked into my Jeep in front of my house. license plate started with SNE-???. if i had gotten out of the house a second or so sooner, i could have kicked out his passenger side window as he drove off. fucker KNEW he hit my jeep and saw me running and ran off. thankfully, my street is snowy and he could not take off too quick.

CPS have been notified, and got everything in order, but if you know him, send me a PM with his address, I will make it worth your while. Damage to this fucking douchebags car will be to his front bumper, prob drivers side.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/008.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/006.jpg

to add insult to injury, this happened almost a year ago as well.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/249965/so-i-get-home-to-see-this-/

Meback
12-31-2009, 02:34 AM
what a dick bag. What area did this happend in, maybe we can be on the look out for the vehicle.

dj_rice
12-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Damn man, I hope u catch the guy. You should post up the area so Beyonders know where to look, since u have the car description and first 3 of plate, you'll find him quick.

anschutz_92
12-31-2009, 02:37 AM
What is the street like that you keep getting hit like this? Is this a corner lot?

Good luck with finding the guy. With three digits on the plate and a vehicle description the police should make short work of it.

luxor
12-31-2009, 02:51 AM
Holy shit man I totally remember this happening to you last year. What area was this in again? This hit-and-run asshole needs to be caught. Still shocked that the exact same thing happened to you again this year.

Meback
12-31-2009, 02:59 AM
Wow, in your pervious thread u stated that this had happend twice in a year and it happend again. I m not saying that your at fault, but its either super bad luck, or you might be "boxing" some one in when you park. (Flame Suit On). Its a shity situation anyway u look at it and i feel for u man. No hate.

TomcoPDR
12-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by luxor
Holy shit man I totally remember this happening to you last year. What area was this in again? This hit-and-run asshole needs to be caught. Still shocked that the exact same thing happened to you again this year.

:werd: I THINK it's like you had your window smacked or something... sorry to hear that...

Maybe time for a move?

chkolny541
12-31-2009, 03:09 AM
wow exact same thing eh

spikerS
12-31-2009, 03:14 AM
yeah, the first time was someone chucking the handle you use to roll up your window through my back window.

then in january, i got smacked

and now this morning.

i park in front of my hosue, i dont box anyone in, the jeep does not move much as i work from home and the wife is on mat leave.

this is happening on the good side of bowness, well ok the better side, to the west of bowness high school.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 03:34 AM
HAHAHA!

VICTORY IS MINE!

CPS just came by the house to let me know they got em.

He has been charged with:

Hit and run
Careless driving
driving too fast for conditions
not sure, cop has this english accent, but it is either 24 hour suspension or a DUI.

and I called it spot on, 1993 Mazda MX-3 white 2 door.

little fucker is only 17 years old.

I hope his insurance goes so fucking sky high he can't drive it anymore.

so, amidst all the crap CPS seems to take on this board, they have once again come through for me.

:thumbsup: to the CPS!

Meback
12-31-2009, 03:39 AM
Good to hear OP! Copensation feels good eh!

slinkie
12-31-2009, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by spikers
HAHAHA!

VICTORY IS MINE!

not sure, cop has this english accent, but it is either 24 hour suspension or a DUI.

blame the trashy northeners... the rest of the uk kicked em out so they came to dazzling calgary canada to powertrip as police

spikerS
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM
well, she didnt power trip on me, and made my night, so she can stay lol

GQBalla
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
good to hear OP!

adam c
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
they came by at 2:30 am? crazy

Redlyne_mr2
12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
This seems to be a common occurance for you unfortunately. Do you park at the end of a corner exit on a tight street? Glad to hear they caught him!

Zero102
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Maybe we could update the title from "Fuck you Calgary, this is bullshit!" to something more appropriate for the situation?

Glad to hear they caught the fuckwad. Big :thumbsup: to the CPS here.

Kloubek
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
It is because you drive a Compass. Survival of the fittest... ya know?

Just kidding Spikers. That's brutal. Glad they caught the kid.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
This seems to be a common occurance for you unfortunately. Do you park at the end of a corner exit on a tight street? Glad to hear they caught him!

oddly enough, i live on a straight street, granted, it is narrow with vehicles parked on both sides.

Originally posted by Zero102
Maybe we could update the title from "Fuck you Calgary, this is bullshit!" to something more appropriate for the situation?

Glad to hear they caught the fuckwad. Big :thumbsup: to the CPS here.

i got no issue with a mod changing the thread title, it was written in haste and anger.

Originally posted by Kloubek
It is because you drive a Compass. Survival of the fittest... ya know?

Just kidding Spikers. That's brutal. Glad they caught the kid.

yeah its a compass, and was really bought for the wife to drive with the new baby, but it has grown on me. The compass is a decent vehicle.

Thaco
12-31-2009, 10:05 AM
maybe the insurance company will do you a favor and call it a writeoff :)

guessboi
12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
congrads for catching the license plate! :clap:

spikerS
12-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
maybe the insurance company will do you a favor and call it a writeoff :)

I really did chuckle at that. I hope they don't write it off. If they do, I am screwed as I ended up a bit upside down on the financing of this thing, so my loan amount is greater than what the vehicle is worth. This jeep needs to last us another 2 years, then, i can get out of it.

HondaKid
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by slinkie

blame the trashy northeners... the rest of the uk kicked em out so they came to dazzling calgary canada to powertrip as police

What would Beyond be without an idiot post, congrats you won the first to the line race.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 10:54 AM
thanks for the mod edit, the thread title is much better now.

revelations
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM

Yes, damn those northern power tripping assholes for actually doing their job and not just issuing tickets for 5kph over the limit or for a dirty license plate.

Damn them I say !

:nut:

Mibz
12-31-2009, 11:35 AM
thanks for the mod edit, the thread title is much better now. ;)

A790
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM

In the right corner, our contender, Captain Once-Again-I-Missed-The-Point!

DING DING DING!

BrknFngrs
12-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear they found them, hopefully it works out better for you than it did for us last winter. Pretty much identical scenario happened to us and the kid was home before I got home from work the same day.

beyond_ban
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
They caught him with only three letters of his plate? Good on em!

Was there paint transferred, or how did they confirm the person they caught was actually guilty?

Zero102
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Was there paint transferred, or how did they confirm the person they caught was actually guilty?

3 letters is pretty decent. if you know a rough year and make/model of the car they can probably nail it down to 2-3 cars right away since you only have ~1000 possibilities, way better than 3 numbers where you would have ~17576 (assuming all letters are available which they are not).

I mean, if you picked 1000 random cars in calgary, how many would be white 1993 miata's?

beyond_ban
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
. n/m

2EFNFAST
12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

There's only 1000 possible choices ... what are the chances several people are driving the exact same car with damage in that exact spot.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
well, since to be on here, you gotta at least know something about cars, and usually i can name a car just by looking at the headlights.

this one was fairly easy to identify by the headlights, 2 door and the way the back hatch is.

being able to identify the car, and having the first 3 letters, they were able to narrow it down to 2 cars, and 1 was 14 blocks away, which turned out to be the one that hit me.

there was obvious damage to my jeep, and now that i have the kids address, i am going to go and take a few pictures of his car as well.

but to top it all off, the kid called me this morning.

"Hi, my name is ****** and i kinda hit your car last night, and i might have kinda took off. I am only 17 and i really regret doing this, and I am sorry. I was wondering how much it was going to cost to fix your car and how you wanted to handle it? I will probably just pay cash for it."

I don't know if i want to let him pay cash for it or not. The jerk in me wants to really fuck this kid over, and jack his insurance rates and get him off the road as he was driving drunk and did the hit and run. the other side of me wants to say meh, fuck it, who cares, he is just a kid being stupid.

whatever, i am going to go get a few quotes and see what happens. Going to need a bit more repairs this time as it looks like it is going to be more than the bumper cover and foam this time, and last time it was $1600 to fix.

D'z Nutz
12-31-2009, 12:48 PM
With your luck, you may want to look into bed lining your entire vehicle(s) :D

I don't know if i want to let him pay cash for it or not. The jerk in me wants to really fuck this kid over, and jack his insurance rates and get him off the road as he was driving drunk and did the hit and run. the other side of me wants to say meh, fuck it, who cares, he is just a kid being stupid.

whatever, i am going to go get a few quotes and see what happens. Going to need a bit more repairs this time as it looks like it is going to be more than the bumper cover and foam this time, and last time it was $1600 to fix.

I'd fuck him over and go through insurance. Do you really think he would've fessed up if the cops hadn't caught him? On top of that he was driving drunk. No sympathy from me here.

Masked Bandit
12-31-2009, 12:52 PM
well, since to be on here, you gotta at least know something about cars, and usually i can name a car just by looking at the headlights.

this one was fairly easy to identify by the headlights, 2 door and the way the back hatch is.

being able to identify the car, and having the first 3 letters, they were able to narrow it down to 2 cars, and 1 was 14 blocks away, which turned out to be the one that hit me.

there was obvious damage to my jeep, and now that i have the kids address, i am going to go and take a few pictures of his car as well.

"Hi, my name is ****** and i kinda hit your car last night, and i might have kinda took off. I am only 17 and i really regret doing this, and I am sorry. I was wondering how much it was going to cost to fix your car and how you wanted to handle it? I will probably just pay cash for it."

The kid is only sorry because he got caught. He's already tried to fuck you over once by leaving. Don't give him another chance.

beyond_ban
12-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

There's only 1000 possible choices ... what are the chances several people are driving the exact same car with damage in that exact spot.

True. I just think it seems a little hoaky without solid vehicle evidence. I mean, in spikers mind, he knows the first three letters and the make of the car. The thing that throws me is, how can the cop really prove that that information is correct? What if he had the make completely wrong, and was one letter off?

/devils advocate

Kloubek
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually, I had a Liberty and it was a surprisingly capable vehicle.

I'd say: Let insurance handle it. Giving someone a break when they are an established driver is one thing... letting a hit-and-running kid who still has a lot to learn off the hook is another. He will learn much more if he is penalized heavily for this.

TC2002
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
"I might have kinda took off." Right. You either do or don't, buddy!

At least he called. Takes some balls to do something like that and phone the guy after and apologize. But then again, he got caught, so no way out and worried what you would do to him if you saw him on the street or something.

I say let him take the full blow out of it... get hit from insurance and all of it. Wouldn't want him to think that in this world, just have cash, pay for everything and get out of being responsible (insert Tiger Woods joke here).

beyond_ban
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I'd say: Let insurance handle it. Giving someone a break when they are an established driver is one thing... letting a hit-and-running kid who still has a lot to learn off the hook is another. He will learn much more if he is penalized heavily for this.

Agreed. From the kids perspective, it sucks, but shouldn't it? The harsher the penalty, the less likely he will do it again. If he gets a slap on the wrist, he will not truly see the full consequence of his actions

bourge73
12-31-2009, 12:58 PM
that is very good advice, plus you want to deal with this kid that tried to fak you over and leave the scene? I would doubt he would have all the $ up front to pay for the damages anyways you really dont owe that pos any favours? Just IMO

Super_Geo
12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
This guy has been driving for less than a year and managed to pull a DUI hit-and-run... if you didn't chase him down he'd be back doing the same shit a week later.

Do the rest of us drivers a favor... go through insurance and take this clown off the roads for the next couple of years.

By the way, are the cops pushing forward with the DUI charge? And is he considered a young offender? Cause I know as an adult getting a DUI can seriously fuck up your shit. I've heard it can bar (or severely hinder) your ability to get professional designations (P.Eng, CA, LL.B, etc)

Jeremiah
12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Definitely go through insurance man.

Sure he is a kid but like others have said he wouldn't have fessed up if he wasn't caught, so now he needs to be taught a lesson.

r3ccOs
12-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Do the right thing and teach the boy a life lesson that he deserves.

He otherwise won't learn a thing if his parents cut you a cheque...

Remeber that the insurance company works as your advocate and liason, so they will handle the situation, ensure that your car is completely repaired, so that you won't have to chase anyone down in case the estimate was inaccurate.

Freeskier
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I say do it privately. Yeah he should have stuck around, and yeah he's only calling cause he got caught, but he would have been shitting his pants when he saw he'd hit you, and you coming out of ur house, I know I would have been when I was that young. Plus, if you show a little compassion it'll encourage him to do the right thing in the future, rather than resenting you and the cops without really learning a lesson. Can't we do things like we used to and give people breaks when they screw up rather than trying our hardest to fuck them in the ass? Don't wanna end up like our neighbours to the south sueing first and asking questions second.

Sharpie
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Get one of your buddies to meet him, tell him its gonna be a $1000 to fix it. Get the cash, and then still go through insurance:thumbsup:

Mibz
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Go through insurance. Not to teach him a lesson, but to teach his friends a lesson. I highly doubt this kid will be doing anything of a sort for a long time regardless of which path you choose, but if you let him off the hook then everybody around him sees a lower consequence.

Make an example of this kid and at least a dozen others will experience the consequences as well.

Vanner
12-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Nail the little idiot! Do the insurance thing. As he was the one who was drunk in his car. Teach him a hard lesson and kick him off the roads - we don't need more DUI stupid drivers when there's New Year's eve parties up coming, plus what else later down the road.

He's 17 and he need to feel the heel in his a$$hole for good awhile.

FraserB
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Nail him, he had every intention of never calling you until the cops found him. Have your estimates done at the dealership, the part that is damaged will cost a bunch after parts removal, install and paint matching.:D

2EFNFAST
12-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Insurance - he's already done a drunk hit and run - even if you wanted to cut him a break, which you shouldn't, do you honestly think he'll just go to the bank and give you the money and that's that? No - he'll probably give you the run around about how he just lost his job, unable to pay you, will you take deposits of $50/week for the next 5mths, etc... etc...

GQBalla
12-31-2009, 02:45 PM
i would go through insurance.

i would have let him go privately if he had stopped.

but he ran...

D. Dub
12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Freeskier
I say do it privately. Yeah he should have stuck around, and yeah he's only calling cause he got caught, but he would have been shitting his pants when he saw he'd hit you, and you coming out of ur house, I know I would have been when I was that young. Plus, if you show a little compassion it'll encourage him to do the right thing in the future, rather than resenting you and the cops without really learning a lesson. Can't we do things like we used to and give people breaks when they screw up rather than trying our hardest to fuck them in the ass? Don't wanna end up like our neighbours to the south sueing first and asking questions second.

BS -- this has nothing to do with being litigious.

He might have deserved leniency and a second chance IF AND ONLY IF he had stuck around after the accident.

This little fukker deserves everything he gets.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
well, my only issue with going through insurance at this point is that he is under his mothers insurance, and i would hate to punish her for her idiot son.

D. Dub
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
well, my only issue with going through insurance at this point is that he is under his mothers insurance, and i would hate to punish her for her idiot son.

At 17 she is still partially responsible for his behaviour -- Additionally, IMO if she put him on her insurance -- she accepted responsibility for his driving.

Super_Geo
12-31-2009, 02:57 PM

Are the cops going to charge him with a DUI?

2EFNFAST
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM

That's not your problem. In the end, if he were truly responsible he would never have driven drunk knowing how it could not only affect his insurance, but also his mothers.

I can almost guarantee you that if you choose to settle privately, you'll be pulling your hair out at the end.

Take it to insurance.

GQBalla
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM

That's not your problem. In the end, if he were truly responsible he would never have driven drunk knowing how it could not only affect his insurance, but also his mothers.

I can almost guarantee you that if you choose to settle privately, you'll be pulling your hair out at the end.

Take it to insurance.

+1

this way he will learn

KRyn
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

The kid is only sorry because he got caught. He's already tried to fuck you over once by leaving. Don't give him another chance.

/agree

Burn this punk ass bitch at the stake.

Stealth22
12-31-2009, 03:25 PM

Everyone's got a crime they hate- I got a few, and they include Hit and run, and driving under the influence.

Go through insurance all the way, and if the police ask you, say that you are absolutely, 100% pressing charges. Let the CPS NAIL HIS ASS TO THE WALL! He was drunk, he saw you come out of your house, and he ran. Read your original post again, man. We can all see how pissed off you were. Just because he's 17 doesn't mean he should catch a break.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 03:42 PM
at this point, I don't know what the cops are going to do with this kid, to be honest, i was kind of shocked that they told me what the did in the first place.

If the kid had stopped, apologized, swapped info, I would have bent over backwards to help him out.

Normally, i wouldn't even give it a second thought to go through insurance. But I can just imagine this kids mom flipping on her son and the insurance rates going up. I remember my mother putting me on her insurance, but i made sure i drove like an angel. she was a single mom that only had cash when my dad felt like paying child support. I could never forgive myself for doing something like this and taking more of the little money she had. If this mother is in the same situation, it would kill me.

If it was the kids own insurance, no issues.

but last time this happened, it was $1624 to fix, and this time it looks like there is a bit more damage, and he hit the rear tire as well, so I will be pushing for a wheel alignment as well. I can see this bill hitting $2500 easy. I looked at this kids facebook page, and he looks like a complete tool. I dont think he has this kind of cash...

ARGH!

BrknFngrs
12-31-2009, 03:46 PM
I looked at this kids facebook page, and he looks like a complete tool. I dont think he has this kind of cash...

ARGH!

This makes the decisions all the easier. He isn't a good kid that made a bad call, he is a tool that needs to see the consequences of actions.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 03:47 PM
ahhh, just facebooked the mom, and yeah she is single.

sonova

bourge73
12-31-2009, 03:48 PM
Well I dont know you but maybe your the nicest guy in the world. I am not however, and man what Id want to do to that kid. Going though insurance would be the first thing, then systematically I would destroy him muuuahahhahahahaha.

dj_rice
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM
You reap what you sow.

I was also on my fathers insurance when I was younger, and I accepted responsibility of what would happen if I crashed so I drove like an angel. So did he. But he fucked up and now the mom has to deal with it. It'll be a lesson for both of them to learn.

Allowing remorse and letting him slide is only gonna further instill that when he gets in trouble, there is no punishment which will result in him becoming a criminal down the road.

Put it through insurance, let him get ass raped, let his mother deal with the consquences and move on. There are other things in life to worry about, like your own family.

Don't feel sorry at all, and save some of the insurance money to buy urself that pimping BBQ smoker u want

D'z Nutz
12-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Personally I wouldn't hesitate to go through insurance if I was in this situation. If it's more than the kid or mom can handle, there's nothing that says this kid has to be on the road. Get a damn bus pass.

barmanjay
12-31-2009, 05:41 PM
mother could be a complete tool too?

Stealth22
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I see what the OP is saying, but D'z Nutz brings up a good point. Dump the car for what you can get, pay off insurance, and buy a bus pass. OP, you mentioned you're married- if I were you, I'd be more concerned about providing for my family. Let CPS take care of any criminal charges that they want to file. Your obligation rests with your insurance company.

You said yourself, you don't think this kid has the kind of cash its going to take to repair your Compass. You also said yourself, that you need to use his car some more in order for your financing to work out. Do you really want to pay for this repair bill out of your own pocket? Because if this kid and his mom can't pay you cash anyway, your car won't get fixed. Regardless, you're implying that they can't afford the repair bill. So let the mom's insurance pay for your repairs, and they can deal with their own insurance company afterward.

This kid deserves no sympathy, and nor will kids like him ever get it from me...sorry to move this thread off on a tangent, but I got a story to share.

I was on a ridealong with CPS, and there was a kid just like this kid you're describing..he was driving an old Mustang. I don't know what year it was, but it was definitely a third-gen model...looked to be 17, and as the officer was running his license, I saw it was a GDL.

Basically he did a U-turn right in front of us at an intersection in a residential area. The turn was legal, as our street didn't have the stop sign. But the cop said he did an unsafe lane change, or did the turn unsafely, something like that. Anyway, as the kid made his turn around the island, his car was right next to the cruiser, and the cop looked at him and gave him a "wtf?" look. From the quick glance of this kid's face I got, he looked like a complete tool, and he proved me right on that right away. He rolled his eyes and did the same gesture back...I almost facepalmed right then and there as the cop snickered and said "Oh, you want to give ME attitude?" While holding back laughter, I hovered my finger over the switch for the red-and-blues and asked if we were lighting him up. The officer said "Yeah go for it, I want to talk to him." In the end, he got off with a warning, if I remember correctly. But it was funny as hell to watch! :rofl:

Danny Meehan
12-31-2009, 06:04 PM
what's all this discussion about?

just call insurance

benzdude10
12-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Link the Moms Facebook. I am looking for a New Years Eve Bukkake session.

2EFNFAST
12-31-2009, 06:17 PM
I looked at this kids facebook page, and he looks like a complete tool. I dont think he has this kind of cash...

ARGH!

Based on everything you've said so far, if you don't go through insurance I have 0 sympathy for your situation. You WILL get screwed if you try to settle it privately, both in terms of financial compensation, time, and headaches.

This has nothing to do at this point with being a "nice guy" - the writting's on the wall; either you're a realist or you like getting screwed w/o lube.

TomcoPDR
12-31-2009, 06:27 PM

Based on everything you've said so far, if you don't go through insurance I have 0 sympathy for your situation. You WILL get screwed if you try to settle it privately, both in terms of financial compensation, time, and headaches.

This has nothing to do at this point with being a "nice guy" - the writting's on the wall; either you're a realist or you like getting screwed w/o lube.

yea I have to agree with this... some people need to be forced to be honest :( unfortuntely.

he's already broken his "deal" to society... when we purchase a vehicle to be driven on public roads, obtaining driver's license, insurance... there are agreements in place. hit-and-run, simple. he is suppose to stop, and report. but he didn't.

you were lucky to run out in time to get his 3 letters, and a CPS person who actually gave a shit...

I do give the little punk credit for calling, but it sounds like he's only 15% sorry and 85% just trying to save his ass money wise or what not.

"I might had kind of took off" :facepalm: yes, I know he's young and it's might had been a poor choice of wording being stressed out... BUT, he got CAUGHT.

Hope you'll decide on a solution that fits you.

benzdude10
12-31-2009, 06:33 PM
DO NOT be the nice guy. Do it properly through insurance.

Trust me

Kloubek
12-31-2009, 06:44 PM
ahhh, just facebooked the mom, and yeah she is single.

Pics/links, or we don't believe you. :)

Freeskier
12-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

yea I have to agree with this... some people need to be forced to be honest :( unfortuntely.

he's already broken his "deal" to society... when we purchase a vehicle to be driven on public roads, obtaining driver's license, insurance... there are agreements in place. hit-and-run, simple. he is suppose to stop, and report. but he didn't.

you were lucky to run out in time to get his 3 letters, and a CPS person who actually gave a shit...

I do give the little punk credit for calling, but it sounds like he's only 15% sorry and 85% just trying to save his ass money wise or what not.

"I might had kind of took off" :facepalm: yes, I know he's young and it's might had been a poor choice of wording being stressed out... BUT, he got CAUGHT.

Hope you'll decide on a solution that fits you.

I agree with you completely. Maybe its not the solution to do it privately, but it's just unfortunate that people do need a nudge to be honest. But I think its equally unfortunate that people on here are so quick to fuck over not only an idiot 17 yr old kid, but also his single mom because she is ultimately responsible. Maybe we should bring back the old school methods of discipline and give him 15 lashes.

urban.one
12-31-2009, 07:17 PM
+1 for calling insurance

With sketchy folk like this youll somehow end up getting screwed by trying to help them out.

This isnt about teaching someone a lesson. Look out for yourself and get it settled properly through insurance.

spikerS
12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
well, I called my insurance company and gave them all of the info and what not. I will be getting a quote on Monday from Renfrew Chrysler. Last time I took it to east side, but after that whole lemon thing, forget it. They asked me if it would be going through insurance or not, and I had to say probably insurance.

I will get the quote, call this kid and tell em, you got 1 week and then it is in the shop being fixed regardless.

I would post the facebook links, but I don't know if it would get me in shit or not, and as the kid has my address and knows what I drive, should he get wind of it, it will probably come back to haunt me. unless of course beyond wants to pay for and install a CCTV system around my house for the next year or so. :rofl:

scat19
01-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Insurance.

95teetee
01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by bourge73
that is very good advice, plus you want to deal with this kid that tried to fak you over and leave the scene? I would doubt he would have all the $ up front to pay for the damages anyways you really dont owe that pos any favours? Just IMO agree- years ago, some kid busted the windshield of my Laser when he threw a glass bottle at the kid from across the street. The cops caught him and set up some sort of mediation BS. It was set up that he would pay me directly (he was in a foster home, and the foster parents wouldn't assume any responsibility-nor would I expect them to). Well, the day he's supposed to pay the first installment comes and goes (with nothing, of course). I call the cop who was in charge of the case, and he says "oh, he got in more trouble and got sent away".

Long story short: Insurance

speedog
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I might have kinda made this post, eh.

Insurance - look after your self. Like you said, you're on the wrong end of the financing on your vehicle, so why add insult to injury by possibly letting someone stiff you on the repairs to your vehicle? Then again, it's your money.

kvanderlaag
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
His mother probably knows him better than most people - if she added him to her insurance knowing he was the kind of kid who was going to pull a drunk hit and run...

I know parents often refuse to believe things like that about their kids, and a lot of people would argue that she DIDN'T know, but I think if you're a person of reasonable cognitive facilities, deep down, you KNOW things like that. If you don't have the money to insure your kid, and ESPECIALLY don't have the money to insure your kid if he fucks up bad, and as well you think there is the chance that he might do so...don't.

I'm with most people here when I say that the kid was NOT honest. He called you, probably, because after getting caught by the police, his mother wanted very badly to settle things without being completely fucked. The half-assed attempt, I would say, represents a lack of sincerity on her part, as well. He's not sorry he hit your car, he's sorry he got caught. She's not sorry he hit your car, she's sorry that her insurance rates are going to skyrocket.

If the kid is going to learn a lesson, he's going to do it by having to work his ass off to ever be able to drive again, and he'll have lots of time to contemplate his actions while he's riding the bus to wherever he's going.

Then, of course, there's the issue of whether you're going to get screwed trying to let them pay it out of pocket. Single mom and a kid that was so nice as to flee the scene after he hit your car? They probably don't have the money to pay for it. You might be screwing her by letting her insurance take the hit, but what good is it if you put her $4000 in debt letting her try to pay for it herself? Even if you don't get screwed, she's going to have to pay for this either way.

I don't think you owe him or her anything - they are both responsible for their actions. You didn't ask him to hit your car, and you definitely didn't ask him to leave the scene of the accident, or drink and drive, and so on and so forth. Insurance is the easiest way for you to take care of this, so if he wasn't willing to help YOU out (Remember, he was going to leave you, who are on the wrong end of your financing in the first place, to fix a car that you owe more than the value of on, yourself,) why should you help him out?

bignerd
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Insurance-the kid hit your car and left and you want to be chasing him around to get him to pay the bill? In past experience, letting someone pay cash is just more work and trouble for you in the end... (have to run around and get quotes, make sure they pay etc....and then sometimes it costs too much anyhow and they want it put through their insurance in the end anyways). I will never do that again.

You are lucky the kid even has insurance.

Rat Fink
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM

ex1z7
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I've been on the side of the fence this kid is on, to a far lesser extent (hit a car..offered to fix it out of insurance..) and it seriously sucks feeling like you're going to be paying quadruple insurance for like 10 years.. Luckily everything was taken care of and I did learn a lesson - but really, this kid sounds like he wanted to run from all of it and doesn't sound like he'll have the balls to pay up when he has to..

Cus after a certain amount of time you lose your ability to make a claim on insurance, right? If he doesn't pay you can take him to small claims - but then you're waiting a couple years to get your car fixed and get the money back from it at the end of the day..

Fuck it, if he comes over with all the cash at once after you get a quote - do cash, if he says "oh in one week.. 2 weeks.. one more pay check.. let me sell my xbox.." insurance.

Disoblige
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Take it to insurance.
I agree with this.

I know it may be a tough choice for you spikers, but it would really suck to going through this and then try to collect funds from the son, which will probably have to come from the mom anyways in the end.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
For all you know she could be doing the same shit to other people and thats where sonny boy learned it.
That's true too.

89s1
01-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Go through insurance.

If it was my kid he would be paying my insurance premiums for me for the next 3 years after pulling a stunt like that.

People that hit and run are lowlifes, people that don't teach their newly licensed sons that hit and runs are wrong are lowlifes.

Insurance all the way.

Graham_A_M
01-02-2010, 06:47 PM
^ Word. Absolutely do not go easy on that kid. He needs to learn a very valuable lesson: Be accountable for your actions & decisions.
One way of teaching him this is to hit him where it hurts.

I can understand it sucks for the kid, but victimizing a random person then driving off as it if was nothing is not okay, leave alone while driving drunk.
:facepalm:

There are so many wrongs in this situation its not even funny. :thumbsdow

projekz
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Go to the insurance company...This douchebag could've hit someone. I have no respect or tolerance for drunk drivers, a friend of mine lost his son because of a drunk driver and it's unacceptable!

Hamann
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
So I know you only had to wait an hour between when you posted up that you were hit and the cops coming to tell you they found the kid.

But... :devil:

Looking at this realistically, the kid probably went home after hitting your jeep, I would assume at 17 he would of been nervous as shit about getting caught, so that would rule out him sleeping.

And with him being 17, living in Calgary and driving a MX-3 the chances of him being a member on beyond are extremely good...

It would be extremely funny if the kid was shitting his pants reading your post knowing you got a description of his car and the first 3 digits of his plate right before the cops showed up ringing his door bell :rofl:

But on a more post related note, honestly even if your trying to be the nice guy and not screw over his mom (which you honestly should net be worried about) having them pay you cash would probably be a worse situation for them, the chances of either the mom or kid having that kind of cash to spare right now are pretty much nil.

So really, both parties are better off going through insurance, they will get a rise in rates, which wouldn't be bad for just an accident, but coupled with the other charges might be significant. But you get your jeep fixed without any hassle or stress.

spankingmonkey
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
he's only sorry cause he got caught man.. I dont even know why you want to be a nice guy...

I would have no sympathy over this person even if he's an orphan or has a single mom/dad.

I make it my personal vendetta to ruin there lives as much as humanily possible.

GQBalla
01-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Spotted the kid this morning. Tall white balf kid with some pictures of strippers hanging from his rearview. Classy.....

Saw the damage on the white mx-3 and I wondered if it was him.

Looked at his liscense plate and saw SNE-117.

Matches spikers story

spikerS
01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Spotted the kid this morning. Tall white balf kid with some pictures of strippers hanging from his rearview. Classy.....

Saw the damage on the white mx-3 and I wondered if it was him.

Looked at his liscense plate and saw SNE-117.

Matches spikers story

Yep, that is him.

spikerS
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
and i just watched him drive by my house checking my jeep out. lol

GQBalla
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Lol. Wow. Loser. I got a pic of his car too lol

spikerS
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
lol, put it up!

actually, i have his addy, i should go take pics of his car for "insurance reasons"

psycoticclown
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg

GQBalla
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Ask and you shall receive. Didn't want to be to stalkerish. Lol

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs147.snc3/17480_511690512257_130600349_30581056_3968609_n.jpg

GQBalla
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Now it makes me wonder. how the hell he hit your bumper

2Valve0
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
good to hear!

spikerS
01-03-2010, 04:24 PM
i will go take some pics, i am not sure how he did it either, and missed the car behind my jeep.

Stealth22
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Either way, I hope you plan on going through insurance. This kid is a deadbeat (see description of douchebags like him in my earlier post..the CPS story :D ) that isn't going to have the money to pay you.

spikerS
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
sorry for being late, but here are some pics of the street. The jeep is in the same spot, parked the same way it was when it got hit. notice the silver car behind it? i cant figgure out how he missed that one, and hit mine.....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/January2009064.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/January2009062.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/January2009063.jpg