PDA

View Full Version : Next generation Impreza ?

Tetsugen
12-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Is the Impreza up for a 3 year facelift or new generation this coming year ?

heavyD
12-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Not a new generation. A facelift is a possibility but it's hard to say because if you go by last gen this year would have been a facelift year and there were really no changes. If you don't like the current style I doubt it will change much until the next generation.

clem24
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Not a new generation. A facelift is a possibility but it's hard to say because if you go by last gen this year would have been a facelift year and there were really no changes. If you don't like the current style I doubt it will change much until the next generation.

That's because the last gen was so fucking ugly that they had to face lift it every other year as they couldn't decide how to design a car. This gen is so stupidly fucking fugly that they might as well design a whole new car. The GC only got 1 refresh during it's 9 YEAR run, with the biggest change happening in the interior.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
12-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Last Gen was awesome IMO, this gen is ugly, Subaru is wrecking their cars :banghead:

heavyD
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Last Gen was awesome IMO, this gen is ugly, Subaru is wrecking their cars :banghead:

Funny all the Subie fans say this yet Subaru has never done better than they are currently. Unique and different gets you a niche market. Boring and bland gets you the big market as Toyota and Honda can attest. The average buyer just wants to blend in and have the same as everyone else.

Tetsugen
12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
The GC8 had 6 revisions.

I can only hope that the next STi stays hatchback, has better fuel economy, is available in a 3 door configuration and is available with AYC with a optional dual clutch. Then I'd be willing to spring 50 g's ;)

jonnycat
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Base price Sti is only $39,999.

There's one here in Lethbridge for $41,699 Seriously considering it.

npham
12-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Was thinking about buying an Impreza but they are too ugly for me to go and test drive.

clem24
01-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Tetsugen
The GC8 had 6 revisions.

Uh yeah 6 STI revisions. The car *looks* essentially the same through all aside from the bigger spoiler and such. Otherwise even the headlights are only a very mild upgrade. Unlike the GDs which went through 2 COMPLETELY NEW nose jobs, each one slightly better than the last. But keeping a nose for only 2 years only meant that even they admit the botched the design so badly each time.

That.Guy.S30
01-02-2010, 04:28 AM
well actually, it went from a 4 door to a two door. you can also include the GF8 wagon a revision if you want as well. fog lights changed, bumpers, rear spoilers, interior, dccd on version 2 STi, etc. version 5 and 6 are almost identical though.

dino_martini
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
While not the most beautiful car ever, the new WRX265 is quite the looker me thinks:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attachments/new-cars-prototypes-forums/79549d1217517187-2009-wrx-265-hp-05_2009_subaru_impreza_wrx.jpg

Zero102
01-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
While not the most beautiful car ever, the new WRX265 is quite the looker me thinks:

Agreed
:drool:

heavyD
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Tetsugen
The GC8 had 6 revisions.

I can only hope that the next STi stays hatchback, has better fuel economy, is available in a 3 door configuration and is available with AYC with a optional dual clutch. Then I'd be willing to spring 50 g's ;)

So you want it to be like an EVO? Those items will push the cost of the car up considerably.

max_boost
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attachments/new-cars-prototypes-forums/79549d1217517187-2009-wrx-265-hp-05_2009_subaru_impreza_wrx.jpg

WRX265 is a FANTASTIC CAR. Great value all around.

Get a stage1 reflash from Cobb and it'll be even better. I miss mine so much. Can't believe I sold it. :cry:

I'll most likely buy another 1 within the year but in Grey Metallic sedan this time. :love: :burnout:

max_boost
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
LE HOTNESS

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/subaru/impreza/2009/ns/2009_subaru_impreza_front_ns_2_717.jpg

heavyD, how are you liking your EVO? I'm also considering a Ralliart, good value for the price.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
LE HOTNESS

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/subaru/impreza/2009/ns/2009_subaru_impreza_front_ns_2_717.jpg

heavyD, how are you liking your EVO? I'm also considering a Ralliart, good value for the price.

I love it. The TC-SST is so good that I never miss driving a manual and the heated Recaros fit me like a glove. Lancer is a surprisingly big car inside as back seat room is on par with a midsize car. Trunk room on the EVO sucks because of the rear battery, S-AYC & Washer fluid reservoirs (not a problem with the Ralliart or Ralliart sportback) but I've had no problems at all and set the ACD to Snow and those storms we got in December were a total breeze. I have a bunch of mods to install in the spring and that's when the real fun will begin.

Gibson
01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
What sort of stuff are you going to be doing? Are you starting with power mods or handling mods?

Gotta admit, love the Sportbacks. Great looking cars in my opinion.

Aleks
01-05-2010, 07:40 AM

WRX265 is a FANTASTIC CAR. Great value all around.

Get a stage1 reflash from Cobb and it'll be even better. I miss mine so much. Can't believe I sold it. :cry:

I'll most likely buy another 1 within the year but in Grey Metallic sedan this time. :love: :burnout:

GTI not up to par?

Trini
01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
The GC8 cars were the best looking in my view and I also loved the 2006-07 ones.
However these new hatchbacks have grown on me.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

GTI not up to par?

Max-Boost had (sold already???) a white WRX 265 right and now a 2010 GTI? I'm having trouble keeping up with you guys lol.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gibson
What sort of stuff are you going to be doing? Are you starting with power mods or handling mods?

Gotta admit, love the Sportbacks. Great looking cars in my opinion.

Handling is near perfect stock with the EVO (Ralliarts are extremely under-tired stock) so I'm going to leave that alone for a while. I have Cobb AP, turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler piping so far. That should be enough for a considerable power upgrade as stock turbocharger is pretty capable of running 26 psi all day. I actually considered the Ralliart sportback as I don't mind the European hatch design.

Aleks
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
^ No I was just wondering if he's not happy with his GTI because he's thinking of getting back into a WRX.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
^ No I was just wondering if he's not happy with his GTI because he's thinking of getting back into a WRX.

Didn't he just get a new WRX last year? I'm confused.:nut:

max_boost
01-05-2010, 01:46 PM

Max-Boost had (sold already???) a white WRX 265 right and now a 2010 GTI? I'm having trouble keeping up with you guys lol.

Yeah haha

These cars you can buy, drive, sell quickly and it won't hurt the bank because they are all lease takeovers :rofl:

Handling is near perfect stock with the EVO (Ralliarts are extremely under-tired stock) so I'm going to leave that alone for a while. I have Cobb AP, turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler piping so far. That should be enough for a considerable power upgrade as stock turbocharger is pretty capable of running 26 psi all day. I actually considered the Ralliart sportback as I don't mind the European hatch design.

You would suggest getting different tires? I noticed the Ralliart is 215/45/ and Evo is 245.

I love the GTI. The wife actually drives it and she loves it too. But being in Calgary's climate, I do really prefer the car being AWD, and able to have a remote starter which the GTI lacks in both.

I don't have enough interior room in the 06WRX. It's cramped back there. So in spring I'm going to sell it and either buy a WRX265 or Ralliart as the new daily driver.

75% WRX and 25% Ralliart. LOL

Ralliart looks good. Twin clutch is good. HID's is good. Car is pretty sharp looking imo. It's slower than the 265 for sure and I don't think there's even a chip reflash available for it.

I'll probably sell the GTI too, leaning towards S4 (75%) or 335xi (25%) for the wife :rofl:

Aleks
01-05-2010, 01:56 PM

Yeah haha

These cars you can buy, drive, sell quickly and it won't hurt the bank because they are all lease takeovers :rofl:

You would suggest getting different tires? I noticed the Ralliart is 215/45/ and Evo is 245.

I love the GTI. The wife actually drives it and she loves it too. But being in Calgary's climate, I do really prefer the car being AWD, and able to have a remote starter which the GTI lacks in both.

I don't have enough interior room in the 06WRX. It's cramped back there. So in spring I'm going to sell it and either buy a WRX265 or Ralliart as the new daily driver.

Ralliart looks good. Twin clutch is good. HID's is good. Car is pretty sharp looking imo. It's slower than the 265 for sure and I don't think there's even a chip reflash available for it.

I'll probably sell the GTI too, leaning towards S4 (75%) or 335xi (25%) for the wife :rofl:

:nut: :nut: I think you officially hold the title on beyond for a guy who changes cars most often.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 02:17 PM

It's a big car (bigger than the WRX) riding on smaller tires. Pretty well a waste of the EVO IX AWD system on skinny Lancer GTS tires.

AMS can dyno tune them or you can send them your ECU for a simple re-flash that nets 50 whp & 50 lb/ft on a bone stock Ralliart.:eek: It's ridiculously easy to make power on the 4B11 as it's so undertuned from the factory.

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/AMS-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Ralliart-Base-Flash.html

Aleks
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
What's the difference between the two twinclutch setups in RA vs EVO.

heavyD
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
What's the difference between the two twinclutch setups in RA vs EVO.

As far as I know it's the same Getrag unit (BMW now uses a version of this transmission in the M3) with different programming in the TCU and there are supposedly changes in the gear ratios. Physical dimensions, coolers, plumbing, etc is all the same. The whole idea of putting it in the Ralliart was to recoupe some of the developemental costs of the transmission since the EVO MR is a low volume seller.

Aleks
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Is the suspension the same as EVO IX? Can't be just the tires that make the big difference. From the reviews it seems as though the RA handles worse than WRX yet the EVO handles way better than STI/WRX.

psycoticclown
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Yeah haha

You still have your 06 WRX? I shoulda brought that off you haha.

JAYMEZ
01-06-2010, 05:27 PM

Yeah haha

I miss my S4... Kinda wish i didnt get the 335 .. Oh well next year ill do another stupid buy and get somethin else lol