PDA

View Full Version : cv joint problem

TT-fast
12-31-2009, 07:31 PM
hey ppl so i got a 96 dc2 teg rs and its sad but i just hit 200, ooo km a couple days ago i almost cried, then i got pissed off at the same time, so maybe time to drop a gsr in there lol?

but to the point my cv joint boot is ripped on the passenger side and its been ripped for almost 2 months now ive had the replacement boot in my garage for a month just its cold and i dont wanna change it until i do my tie rod ends, my rear lca and my tie bar all at the same time, so it started making this noise 2 weeks ago like a creaking sound like opening a door really slowly, so it is lacking lots of grease and exposure to cold air just wondering how long i could go on before it seizes, and if it does happen to break before i fix it what exactly would happen while im driving, just not to sure bout cv joints.
thanks,

dooman24
12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
if your axle are already making noise, specially a "clock clock clock" noise when you turn. there's no point on fixing it. it's done

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-31-2009, 07:36 PM
It likely wouldnt sieze, its just wearing. If its making noise, your not going to be able to stop it making noise now, but if you throw a new boot on and grease it right now, you could probably make it last as long as you dont mind the noise.