PDA

View Full Version : NUS1000R install issues

polypep
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I got the Nustart NUS1000R remote car starter installed by a tech. Everything is working fine. I only have two issues with the install. Once I start the car with the remote starter, the right side turn signal on the instrument panel flashes couple of times, however the turn signal outside the car does not flash. After the flash, car starts. The LED on the antenna stops flashing. After a few moments, the right turn signal lights up and stays on (the signal on the outside of the car does not stay lit). The LED on the antenna now constantly flashes.

When I put the key in ignition and press the brake pedal, the right turn signal turns off but the LED on the antenna keeps flashing. (The sequence is 1 flash every second).

Now even I start the car with the key, the LED on the antenna keeps flashing which is very annoying and is a distraction for the driver.

I am going to take my car to the installer but want to get a feedback from the community so I can counter the installer's BS.

jdm_eg6
01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
im not sure where you got it installed, im thinking future shop or best buy? Regardless it sounds like an installation error for sure and needs reprogramming or some wire re-tweeked.

if you got it installed at visions, your fully waranteed for life on that install so they will work on it till its fixed.

Strugari
01-02-2010, 12:04 AM
It sounds like the parklight wire is installed on the wrong wire. I would stop using the remote starter for now, to not cause damage to the circuit that is getting powered up.

The flashing of the light on the antenna could be just a programming thing. Does it flash if you unlock the doors via remote start, and then start the vehicle with the key?

polypep
01-02-2010, 12:10 AM
No it keeps flashing regardless of how I start the car. Even if I use the factory FOB to unlock the car and start directly with the key.

jonny_q13
01-02-2010, 12:17 AM
r u using the nu start remote for keyless entry also? have u tried hitting the unlock button the remote and then starting the vehicle? it could possibly still think it is locked and that is y the LED keeps flashing. what kind of vehicle was the unit installed into as some european vehicles have independent left and right wires for lights and the installer may have just been lazy.

polypep
01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by jonny_q13
r u using the nu start remote for keyless entry also? have u tried hitting the unlock button the remote and then starting the vehicle? it could possibly still think it is locked and that is y the LED keeps flashing. what kind of vehicle was the unit installed into as some european vehicles have independent left and right wires for lights and the installer may have just been lazy.

I prefer to use factory FOB for remote keyless entry. The vehicle is my wife's 2006 Dodge Caravan.

I will try your suggestion and will report back.

EDIT:

I tried to start the van just now. The LED on the antenna is now working normally. Tried unlocking with factory FOB and with remote starter's transmitter. Started the van with the key and with the remote starter (strugari told me not to use the remote starter).

This is strange.

polypep
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I have gotten an appointment for troubleshooting. In the meantime I disconnected power to the Control module CS5200.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

silvercivicsir
01-02-2010, 04:52 PM
do you know if they ran a wire outside to the park light relay under the hood? or did they use a resistor and isolate the parklights at the switch??

polypep
01-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
do you know if they ran a wire outside to the park light relay under the hood? or did they use a resistor and isolate the parklights at the switch??

As far as I can tell, they did not run a wire under the hood. I got the installer's notes in the car that instruct the installer to ground with a 5.6K resistor.

I am not an expert, but my intuition tells me that the installer hooked the park light wire to the wrong one (since right signal lights up only on the instrument cluster).