PDA

View Full Version : What to take at SAIT?

Van Persie
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Hello, I am looking to get into a two year program at SAIT. I am a certified electrician but I'm hoping to get out of the trade and into something else completely. Any suggestions? Thanks.

S13_Ryan
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Im sure SAIT could help you.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
So you are not interested in other trades? Since this is a automotive related website, I would suggest AST, which I am taking an enjoy it.

Van Persie
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Not really interested in SAIT's opinion, they just try to get you into whatever program they need to fill that year.
------------
AST?

PRELUDEZZZ
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Aero technician is fit for u..

Van Persie
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
What is a Euro technician?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
AST: Automotive Service Technician 2 year diploma. I believe you also get credited 4 years towards at apprenticeship too.

PRELUDEZZZ
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Van Persie
What is a Euro technician?

its aero technician

cancer man
01-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by PRELUDEZZZ

its aero technician

Also known as unemployment.

revelations
01-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by cancer man

:rofl:

maxomilll
01-05-2010, 02:10 AM
film and video production!

revelations
01-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Van Persie
Hello, I am looking to get into a two year program at SAIT. I am a certified electrician but I'm hoping to get out of the trade and into something else completely. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Office job or not?

Grogador
01-05-2010, 03:51 AM
ENT :D

Anomaly
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
ENT :D

NNT!

Tik-Tok
01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cancer man

:rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, stay the fuck away from Aviation, unless you're obsessed with it before you join.

HuMz
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Well considering your already an electrician I would say Electrical Engineering Technology would be a good bet.

You've already taken a few courses and would get credit for rougly a semester and you can bet having your ticket along with your EET you'd be more qualified in most employers minds.

Edit: Probably not an option for you given you want to get into something completely different.

revelations
01-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Seriously, stay the fuck away from Aviation, unless you're obsessed with it before you join.

The industry will generally beat that obsession out of you in a hurry :nut:

Darkane
01-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Why not take the course that will make you more money than all your university grad friends and their parents?

Power Engineering Technology.

120k+ starting. Just gotta move up north.

PRELUDEZZZ
01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

haha i like to take this course but am too old to go back to school and my brain had been rusty. this course is good for math eater..

PRELUDEZZZ
01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Why not take the course that will make you more money than all your university grad friends and their parents?

Don't u know that there's so many engineer got laid off at fort mac?

J.M.
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM

O rly?

PRELUDEZZZ
01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
the company can't keep those people who make 1000 bucks a day like engineer, they want to minimize the cost too..

G-Suede
01-07-2010, 12:51 AM
the company can't keep those people who make 1000 bucks a day like engineer, they want to minimize the cost too..

Uh, engineers are a key factor for the success of the projects...

Darkane
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM

Not the Power engineers nope.

In fact there is gonna be another surge of hiring coming up in a year When Kearl Lake is gonna get going.

I'm up here right now, I can tell you without a doubt power engineering is safe for a long long time.

Nigel Mansell
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion, but I already make a bit more than that up north as an electrician.

I'm looking to find a career that will allow me to stay in Calgary and rasie a family.

Jry_79
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Nigel Mansell

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion, but I already make a bit more than that up north as an electrician.

I'm looking to find a career that will allow me to stay in Calgary and rasie a family.

The Aircraft Maintenance is not worth looking at, my buddy completed the program and has never worked in that field ever. He is currently at an Engineering Firm, drafting & design and is consitently working even through the downside currently happening

I say power engineering, Chem Eng Tech and Petroleum Tech would be good if you are looking for a job in the future, we are in a slump but all these future projects that been put on the backburner will soon be going full steam ahead in the future!

And MSG to Nigel???? I don't think anyone was giving you any suggestion, Van Persie started the thread! I don't know where your comment is coming from, but we all know by your post you just want to prop yourself up......I guess money doesn't buy class LOL too funny....When your doing good in life you don't need to state it, people just know........when you have a complex and don't get laid you usually proclaim your the sh iet to overcompensate......my thoughts not yours!