PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cavalier remote start shuts down.

fierodude
01-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I installed a 1WFM remote start in my Aunts 03 Cavalier and my problem is it starts fine but then after 2-3 mins it shuts off. Sometimes it starts and shuts off right away sometimes it will run for 5 mins. Is it my bypass not working right? I bought it at tiger automotive and got everything programmed myself. It just seems like the timer is too short and just picks a random time to turn off. Also if its running and i press the lock unlock on her factory remote the car shuts down. I couldent wire in the locks cause it only has - output and her locks are + output. So I got it to start the car and pop the trunk. When it shuts down it flashes the lights twice. I Cant find any programming manuals on any website either. Kinda dumb there only given to dealers so us car guys cant do it ourselfs.I have the exact same remote in my Fiero and its working fine I bought them both boxing day for 60 bucks. Its a 03 Cavalier with pass lock 2 power everything and automatic. Its the White one way remote with the 4 buttons. 1WFMR something lol

fierodude
01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I am calling the tech center tommorow since no one knows what my problem is. Its not the bypass i reprogrammed it and its fine. The car starts and runs then just shuts off in under 5 mins when its set for 15 min run time. the lights dont flash its like the timer is not working.

Strugari
01-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Where did you get the tach source from ?
Sounds like a tach related issue.
Is the module a 4200 or a 5200?

To learn tach on a 4200, start the car with the key, then press the little black button on the back of the module. Parklights should flash once.

If it is a 5200, start the car with the key, press and hold the brake, press and hold the start button on the remote start. Parklights should flash once.

fierodude
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Its a 4200 and i couldent get a signal on the purple black wire in the engine bay so i went to the gauge cluster and found the tach source there for the dash tach. I press the button and it flashes once saying its a good source. thats what it sounds like is the remote start thinks the motor isent running or shutting off. Where else can i find a tach source? email me [email protected]

silvercivicsir
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
white, or purple white at the coil on top of the engine is also a good tach source

fierodude
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I hooked it up too the white wire on the coil and now it all works good. I read on 12volt that it was the purple and white but it's not it's the white wire on the coil.