PDA

View Full Version : New car finance rates

natejj
01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Is there a way to check out what the major dealships are offering for finance rates these days without having to go in and deal with a salesman? Will 2 honda dealerships offer different rates, or would it be the same across canada?

jonnycat
01-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Assuming it's a new car, they should each be offering the same low rate
which is subsidized by their captive finance company. Again assuming new, you should be qble to check most if not all major brands' rates on their websites.

Rates can be region or province specific but are typically the same across the country.

LMVantage
01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Yes, you'll be able to find their main interest rates on the manufacturer's websites, but there can be other rates available. For instance, I was in a Honda dealer a few months ago and the Fit my friend was looking at had a financing rate of 8.9% available, yet they had a subvented rate of 6.7% through a certain bank. Also, one dealership I sold cars at was able to give a very low subvented rate (3.7%) through a specific bank while also giving a significant cash purchase rebate.

Basically, you have the regular rates offered by the manufacturer (often specific to your region), yet each dealer may have other options available which aren't publicized.