PDA

View Full Version : Is Danier Leather a good place to buy leather coats? Are they overpriced?

copynpaste
01-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Can anyone comment on their quality? Do they handle general wear and tear well and last reasonably long? If I could get min 3yrs out of a jacket I'd be happy. Especially if I'm paying $300.

Also do you think they're reasonably priced? I'm considering this jacket there, its reg $550 on sale $300. Dude there told me it would cost me 1K elsewhere (not sure how truthful that was). I've heard from quite a few people that they tend to jack up their prices due to lack of competition. There's only Boutique of Leathers really...

Let's just say this, Danier jackets at reg price ($400-1100) are way overpriced. That's why they always have these sales that give you a significant savings. Even with their current sale, 50% off a good chunk of their stock sale, they still make a good profit. Just makes you curious what their markup is on them.

So for those of you who have bought from them, how was it?

BlackArcher101
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I have two and don't have any problems. Over 3 years old now. But you're right, I wouldn't pay regular price, only sales.

Deetz
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I only buy items on sale there, but love the product. I've been using them for 20 years, they make some nice jackets!

FraserB
01-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Mine lasted 4 years until I grew out of it. It was still in great shape.

FiveFreshFish
01-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Back in early December, if you provide your email address to join their mailing list, you got an extra 20% off.

Mckenzie
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I usually get ancy and replace the jacket before it wears out from Danier. I've been buying their jackets for almost 10 years now and they make very nice jackets...much more so than boutique of leathers.

I'd say if you spend in the 3-400 range for their jackets you will get something nice that is pretty high quality.

Billy_Billions
01-04-2010, 11:05 AM
If you can wait until the summer they have ridiculous unadvertised deals - esp the one in Westhills. I picked up a nice leather blazer style coat for $70 that was regularly $300.

thrasher22
01-04-2010, 11:38 AM
The coat I wore to work today is an 8 year old Danier jacket. I've put it through hell, wear it all the time and it has almost no signs of wear, they're great quality.