PDA

View Full Version : Free-Standing Closet

Tomaz
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I have recently moved into my own place where the bedroom does not have a closet (the room is quite literally a 16' x 16' box). I need some ideas for a closet alternative to hang my stuff!

I checked out the PAX system sold through Ikea, but a 3m x 2.5m closet was $1300!!! To me, that seemed a little steep (ok, so i might be cheap).

Any ideas Beyond?

masoncgy
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Sometimes you can find portable wardrobes at places like Wal-Mart, Sears, Canadian Tire, etc...

Basically, they are a metal frame and covered in a tough canvas-type material...

Of course, they are not as stylish as a wood/wood-based product, but they are pretty inexpensive and do the job.

Interesting that this place has a bedroom without a closet... is this a 'den'...?

topmade
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Are you allowed to screw anything in? If so install some wire shelving that would be the cheapest way to go. Or if you don't want everything out in the open buy a few standing closets, Ikea has some starting from $100 that you can buy a few of and put side by side.

Tomaz
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Sometimes you can find portable wardrobes at places like Wal-Mart, Sears, Canadian Tire, etc...

Basically, they are a metal frame and covered in a tough canvas-type material...

Of course, they are not as stylish as a wood/wood-based product, but they are pretty inexpensive and do the job.

Interesting that this place has a bedroom without a closet... is this a 'den'...?

That just might work. Right now i am using a rolling clothing rack like what you would find in value village! lol

'Den' is one term, some of my friends call it the 'Dog House'. My father and I turned a 2700 sq. ft. Millwork shop into my house. A rent-free alternative to living while going back to school full-time in the fall. I really should post some pics of this. I am quite impressed really! I can fit 8 cars in my garage! :bigpimp:

Anyway, thanks mate! I'll check out Wallmart on my way home. I might get one of those systems to work.

Kloubek
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I have an Ikea wardrobe I don't need. Light birch with frosted (plastic) front.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/14903207

Bought it for $150, but you can have it for $50 if you want it. Just gotta come get it right away, since we are packing up to move. It might need a dowel for the bar, and does need to have the back re-nailed. (2 minute job)

email me if interested. [email protected]

JfuckinC
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
yo post pictures haha, sounds cool..

TomcoPDR
01-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

My father and I turned a 2700 sq. ft. Millwork shop into my house.

Is that where you mountain man/ husky look comes from?
:rofl:

Kloubek
01-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Your problem, sir, has been solved! See you Saturday.

Tomaz
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Is that where you mountain man/ husky look comes from?

Holiday Rules: No shaving, no hair styling, no dress clothes. lol

You should have seen me when i took a year off school. I first looked like a bum, then Jesus, In the end I looked like Chubaca! :hitit:

slinkie
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
+1 for pics! sounds sick haha