PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with insurance.

spikerS
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Alright, I am having some issues with my insurance company now, and I am not sure how to handle this.

as you all know, my Jeep got hit again, and it is going in for repairs.

The biggest problem I have right now is, my insurance company is stating that I only have coverage for a rental for an amount that does not exceed $1500, after that it is up to the other insurance company to foot the bill, and that I will be responsible to contact them to have those charges covered...

When I asked her "isn't that what you guys are supposed to do? I have full coverage so how could any of these charges be coming out of my pocket, and why am I contacting the other insurance company?"

Her response was "It is my job to provide you with $1500 worth of rental coverage."

The next part that pissed me off was, on the 12th, I am working an early shift, and wanted to pick up the rental the night of the 11th and drop my Jeep off at the same time.

To this her reply was "I can only authorize the rental for the days it is in the shop being repaired."

I know this is complete bullshit as the last time this happened, I was headed to the farm, and was able to pick up the rental 2 days early, and a quick call to my insurance adjuster was all that was needed.

I swear this chick is just being a bitch, or is so new that she is scared to not follow the rules to the T.
Not that I am worried about going over the $1500 in rental costs as my jeep will only be in the shop ~4 days, but this shit is disturbing.

anyone in the insurance industry able to help or offer advice?

TIA
Chris

GQBalla
01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
from when i got rear ended in november i was told i would only get the rental the day the car went into the shop IF it went into the shop

hoyles
01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not in the insurance industry, so feel free to tell me to eat a bag of dicks. That said, did you escalate the call?

Usually when I call some place and get:

- someone who doesn't know what they're doing
- someone who generally cannot help (for ex: starting sentences with, "Sir, it is my job to _____" - whether what they're saying is helpful or not)
- someone who wants to be an idiot for shits and gigs

I call back, request they transfer the call, or I speak to their manager.

So, try calling back and if this person is as difficult as the first (and they're all limited to what they read off a piece of paper), ask to speak with their manager or someone that can be of some kind of assistance. Keep in mind that notes were made referencing your last call, so tactfully explain why you're outraged; you've been a happy customer for ____this long and you've come to expect better service than this. Blah blah.

Btw - 4 days can quickly become 6 or 8. I've been quoted "4 days" before too. ;) $1500 can soon burn up w/ rental vehicles + insurance costs (assuming you'll get a vehicle of similar status - SUV/Truck).

spikerS
01-04-2010, 02:30 PM
well, I am not sure I will be able to speak to someone else. This person is now the one handling my claim, and for any questions or concerns, I am to call her, or to ask for her or her extension.

I am not really "outraged", I am just ticked that I have to inconvenience myself for something that I had ZERO responsibility for, and that I pay extra on my insurance for just this sort of instance, yet it does nothing for me.

I pay extra every year for rental coverage, and I pay extra for a zero deductible for hit and run or vandalism ect scenarios. I also have my home insurance through them, and a second vehicle.

I am just disappointed I guess.

Masked Bandit
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
May I ask the name of your insurance provider?

Weapon_R
01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Is your vehicle drivable?

spikerS
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
insurance provider is Premium insurance, which is a subsidiary of Meloche monex

The vehicle seems fine at low speeds, but if i go aver about 70kph, the back end starts getting loose and will pull to the right from the back end, kinda making it fishtail. Not so bad on the snow, but on dry pavement it sure bounces around.

FraserB
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Where are you getting it fixed? If at a dealer, I would suggest Courtesy unless you have chosen on already. If you go with Courtesy, PM me, I know a few people there who might be able to help out.

If you can't get it worked out and are going somewhere somewhat close to SAIT from the SW-ish I would be willing to offer a ride for a fellow Jeep owner.

spikerS
01-04-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks for the offer FraserB, it is going to goto Renfrew Chrysler on Bow trail. I worked out a deal with enterprise tho. I am going to pick the rental up in Bowness/Mongomery on the night of the 11th, and they are going to delay billing till the 12th. and I can still drop my Jeep off on the night of the 11th.

I gotta say Enterprise all the way. I have been using them for as far back as I can remember, and they have always been a stand up company and never done me wrong, bending over backwards to make things work for me!

Masked Bandit
01-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I guess this is the issue with direct writer companies (Primmum, TD, RBC, Monnex) is that when shit goes a little sideways there is nobody there to help you. I guess most claims go fairly smooth so there isn't much of an issue but in this case a broker may have been able to work something out on your behalf. The biggest issue in dealing directly with the company is that most of the staff at these places don't speak english, only corporate insurance jargon.

Glad you got the rental thing squared away.

codetrap
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I guess this is the issue with direct writer companies (Primmum, TD, RBC, Monnex) is that when shit goes a little sideways there is nobody there to help you.

That's not true. With Monnex I've always had great service. They've had my back the times that I've had to deal with them.